Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Gunny 'going through the motions' on Radio Norfolk

Poor old Gunny has just put a brave face on today''s humiliating defeat; what else could he do? What a shame Radio Norfolk didn''t pin Delia or Doncaster down to explain not only this dire performance but also the shambles that fans have had to endure over the past four years. Nice to hear Gary Docherty admitting it was a terrible performance; well done those fans who travelled to the game...what a shame the players couldn''t show similar commitment and belief!

[quote user="Spartan"]Poor old Gunny has just put a brave face on today''s humiliating defeat; what else could he do? What a shame Radio Norfolk didn''t pin Delia or Doncaster down to explain not only this dire performance but also the shambles that fans have had to endure over the past four years. Nice to hear Gary Docherty admitting it was a terrible performance; well done those fans who travelled to the game...what a shame the players couldn''t show similar commitment and belief![/quote]

Poor old Gunny should have stuck to what he''s good at,he''s not a manager FFS and he can''t motivate the crap players we have been left with!!!!

Agreed, a desperately pathetic attempt at an interview from someone who is trying to sound to like a manager.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Agreed, a desperately pathetic attempt at an interview from someone who is trying to sound to like a manager.[/quote]

and he''s failing miserably.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Agreed, a desperately pathetic attempt at an interview from someone who is trying to sound to like a manager.[/quote]

Or perhaps a fan who has been placed in the hotseat and who is hurting so much he can''t hide it.

More fun to carry a pitchfork with the locals and demand the village bring out its witches isn''t it though?

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Spartan"]Poor old Gunny has just put a brave face on today''s humiliating defeat; what else could he do? What a shame Radio Norfolk didn''t pin Delia or Doncaster down to explain not only this dire performance but also the shambles that fans have had to endure over the past four years. Nice to hear Gary Docherty admitting it was a terrible performance; well done those fans who travelled to the game...what a shame the players couldn''t show similar commitment and belief![/quote]

Poor old Gunny should have stuck to what he''s good at,he''s not a manager FFS and he can''t motivate the crap players we have been left with!!!!

[/quote]

Exactly Phat, he knew what he was doing, now the club has to suffer further because of his ego.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

Exactly Phat, he knew what he was doing, now the club has to suffer further because of his ego.

[/quote]No more than we suffer on here because of your ego wiz.

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No more than we suffer on here because of your ego wiz.
[/quote]

Idiot!

I ain''t running the club!

Really feel for Gunny. He reminds me very much of Granty; desperately wants the club to succeed, but not got the sheer force of ability to make it happen.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would confidently state that Bryan did not apply for the job because of an ego.  He applied for it because he genuinely believed he could turn things around,  He told people at the time that he knew he was on a hiding to nothing but didn''t care.  He said he had so many ties to Norwich City that he "wouldn''t have forgiven myself" if he had not gone ahead with the application.  Whatever he says on Norfolk Radio - basically the same tat as any other manager says with a mic pushed under his nose - he applied in the genuine belief that he might be able to make a difference to what he knew was a very difficult situation.

You still have games to go - as do others in the relegation area - and no one knows yet whether he will be beaten or not. I suspect that if you asked BG to mark out the pitch he''d do it.  Massive enthusiasm for a club which has virtually been his whole life YES - but outright ego absolutely NO!  Anyone who talks to him privately knows that is not so - of course he may make a mess of it (as might anyone else chosen in his stead).

He knows the risk to his "legend" status with you and discussed it for hours with his family before making a formal application.

The problem with selecting a new Manager (in whatever division) is always the same.  Usually, all the candidates have been sacked by someone else for failing to possess the qualities that you hope they will bring to your team.[+o(]

If the worst does come to the worst he won''t moan about criticism  (my opinion) which is hardly the mark of an egotist, also my opinion.  He is, of course, an idiot but so are all goalkeepers.

In Where It Hurts, in fact.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would confidently state that Bryan did not apply for the job because of an ego.  He applied for it because he genuinely believed he could turn things around,  He told people at the time that he knew he was on a hiding to nothing but didn''t care.  He said he had so many ties to Norwich City that he "wouldn''t have forgiven myself" if he had not gone ahead with the application.  Whatever he says on Norfolk Radio - basically the same tat as any other manager says with a mic pushed under his nose - he applied in the genuine belief that he might be able to make a difference to what he knew was a very difficult situation.

You still have games to go - as do others in the relegation area - and no one knows yet whether he will be beaten or not. I suspect that if you asked BG to mark out the pitch he''d do it.  Massive enthusiasm for a club which has virtually been his whole life YES - but outright ego absolutely NO!  Anyone who talks to him privately knows that is not so - of course he may make a mess of it (as might anyone else chosen in his stead).

He knows the risk to his "legend" status with you and discussed it for hours with his family before making a formal application.

The problem with selecting a new Manager (in whatever division) is always the same.  Usually, all the candidates have been sacked by someone else for failing to possess the qualities that you hope they will bring to your team.[+o(]

If the worst does come to the worst he won''t moan about criticism  (my opinion) which is hardly the mark of an egotist, also my opinion.  He is, of course, an idiot but so are all goalkeepers.

[/quote]

Quite refreshing to read an enjoyable post by you cam. 1st in ages, welcome back. Now dont go back to your old ways mate and start posting links to other peoples storys, keep up the good work you are capable of on your own. Good stuff.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Idiot!

[/quote]

Wizard, you''d have a problem running a tap, particularly if you had to choose between "Hot" and "Cold".

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Idiot!

[/quote]

Wizard, you''d have a problem running a tap, particularly if you had to choose between "Hot" and "Cold".

[/quote]

Jeez! the clubs imploding and attacking me is far more important to some tragic posters than addressing club issues.............fair makes you weep! 

Poor old Gunn...thrust into the front line to save his calamitous General. He really should have stuck to his arse licking in the corporate lounge than allow himself to be shot at.

I still like the man and always will....but by resembling the "Moon" on The Mighty Boosh so closely he could never be taken seriously.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

Poor old Gunn...thrust into the front line to save his calamitous General. He really should have stuck to his arse licking in the corporate lounge than allow himself to be shot at.

I still like the man and always will....but by resembling the "Moon" on The Mighty Boosh so closely he could never be taken seriously.

[/quote]

Yeah, send him back to organising trips to the Canary Shop or selling ice cream or whatever, just get him the hell out of the manager''s seat before he does any more damage.

There''s more chance of being successful giving a chimp a typewriter & getting the collected works of Shakespeare than there is of Gunn doing a decent job as manager.

[/quote]

[/quote]I see the wind''s changed since last fortnight''s "I''ll back Gunny even if we get relegated" drivel then.

[quote user="MonkeyTrousers"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I see the wind''s changed since last fortnight''s "I''ll back Gunny even if we get relegated" drivel then.

[/quote]

Have I called for him to be sacked..............No................stupid boy.

And again, this thread isn''t about me.............however much you want it to be.[:|]

I feel desperately sorry for Bryan. I can''t believe any City fan could blame him for taking on the job. He did it out of the love for the club. No, he wasn''t qualified but he stepped in as he wanted to help. It''s not his fault that the club is on its knees, that its broke and he can''t afford to bring in any replacements to the players he doesn''t think are fit to wear the shirt.

If the board blame him in any way, then I am afraid I will have the reason to stand outside the ground (once again) demanding that the board go and never return. Or words to that effect.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="MonkeyTrousers"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I see the wind''s changed since last fortnight''s "I''ll back Gunny even if we get relegated" drivel then.[/quote]

[/quote]So you support a manager who you yourself say is "making the club suffer because of his ego"?If that''s true, you''re stupid.If it''s not true, you''re stupid.Game, set, match.  Thanks. I leave you with an image from your youth that may bring back painful memories.[img]http://fruitfly.files.wordpress.com/2006/08/dunce.gif[/img]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Thanks Cam. Balanced and informed - no wonder you are unpopular with some on here!

[quote user="MonkeyTrousers"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="MonkeyTrousers"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I see the wind''s changed since last fortnight''s "I''ll back Gunny even if we get relegated" drivel then.

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you support a manager who you yourself say is "making the club suffer because of his ego"?

If that''s true, you''re stupid.
If it''s not true, you''re stupid.

Game, set, match.  Thanks. I leave you with an image from your youth that may bring back painful memories.

[img]http://fruitfly.files.wordpress.com/2006/08/dunce.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Jeez![:S]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

You still have games to go - as do others in the relegation area - and no one knows yet whether he will be beaten or not. I suspect that if you asked BG to mark out the pitch he''d do it. 

[/quote]That''s his next Club Ambassador role sorted out, then.  Services to white line painting.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I feel desperately sorry for Bryan. I can''t believe any City fan could blame him for taking on the job. He did it out of the love for the club. No, he wasn''t qualified but he stepped in as he wanted to help. It''s not his fault that the club is on its knees, that its broke and he can''t afford to bring in any replacements to the players he doesn''t think are fit to wear the shirt. If the board blame him in any way, then I am afraid I will have the reason to stand outside the ground (once again) demanding that the board go and never return. Or words to that effect.[/quote]

I think he was given little choice emotionally and blame of any kind (other than perhaps being a Delia Smith yes man) should not come his way.

He''s a backroom boy that the fans should revere and the shame belongs to the Board who used him to hide behind and to dampen down supporters abuse. They knew there could never be any "Gunn Out" campaign and went for the sympathy tactic to save their own skins.

It''s worked to a degree and has taken much of the Grant/Roeder sting out of things... but how cynical a move it was.