Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

RIP Norwich City FC

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]There''s nothing left of the what the club stood for when I started supporting[/quote]

Have to say that I feel like that too

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]There''s nothing left of the what the club stood for when I started supporting[/quote]snap...used to be a great run family club with pride..

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="ROBFLECK"]There''s nothing left of the what the club stood for when I started supporting[/quote]snap...used to be a great run family club with pride..[/quote]

Me too. I just can''t believe the level of ineptitude to which we''ve sunk both on and off the pitch. There is no desire, no ambition and no plan, and the club is drifting along like a crippled ship heading for the rocks.The future is bleak indeed.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]There''s nothing left of the what the club stood for when I started supporting[/quote]

ian crook ?

It really is a shame to see this great club sink like a brick in water. If you have a board who are not ambitious the inevitable will happen. We cant just sink without a whimper we need to fight to the end. As the saying goes,  " ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS ".

My first game was as a very small boy versus Bury in 1962.

We weren''t much then on the face of it...but we had a soul and we had the undying support of the City and wider County. If it hurts the younger generation to see what had become of us...imagine how it feels to the older fans.

It remains Norwich City in name only as everything else has been systematically dismantled.....including it''s soul.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

We weren''t much then on the face of it...but we had a soul and we had the undying support of the City and wider County. If it hurts the younger generation to see what had become of us...imagine how it feels to the older fans.

It remains Norwich City in name only as everything else has been systematically dismantled.....including it''s soul.

[/quote]

It will rise again Cluck, and still be here long after the Stowmarket Two have left town.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

You''ve hit the nail on the head for me, but back then we could all relate to the players on the pitch, in fact, pre-game you could pretty much state the starting 11.  There was an emotional link between us and the players and vice versa, the players were so proud of the colours, which made us proud supporters.

It''s all gone, will it ever come back, in my heart I don''t think so.

Robfleck, you are spot on. All that remains for me are memories of better times and a bit of hope that one day they will be back. The present on/off field decline will one day be history and hopefully there will still be something left of our club.

I think one day we will have our club back as us older ones knew it, whether it''s 10 or 20 years away now one knows. It''s hard to accept that we are on the verge of dropping into a division I have not experienced, and boy I am OLD!!

It''s difficult to comprehend that the board are still operating with their collective heads in the sand while the stability of the club is ebbing away.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

It will rise again Cluck, and still be here long after the Stowmarket Two have left town.

[/quote]

I''m afraid that as Cluck I ruffled a few feathers on here... but feel you and a few others were able to experience that same helplessness at watching events unfold. The club will still be here when they''ve gone as you say....and think that as long as NCFC ultimately gets it''s soul put back in place by a new owner all will become calm.

I''ve never been driven purely by results or status as a supporter as it goes much deeper than that with me. I grew up watching very average players "do their best" each (and every) week and that was enough for me. I''m afraid a dubious bunch of "loanees" and overpaid wannabees cynically led by a "former" Ipswich fan simply doesn''t cut the mustard with me.

Lets just hope eh? [:)].............

We WILL be back one day.  What goes around comes around, but it might be a long time.  What''s really scary is when you look at how long teams have been out of the top flight.  It took Stoke 23 years, WBA 16 years, Wolves 19 years and the list goes on.  We''ve now been gone 4 years already and counting.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m afraid that as Cluck I ruffled a few feathers on here... but feel you and a few others were able to experience that same helplessness at watching events unfold. The club will still be here when they''ve gone as you say....and think that as long as NCFC ultimately gets it''s soul put back in place by a new owner all will become calm.

I''ve never been driven purely by results or status as a supporter as it goes much deeper than that with me. I grew up watching very average players "do their best" each (and every) week and that was enough for me. I''m afraid a dubious bunch of "loanees" and overpaid wannabees cynically led by a "former" Ipswich fan simply doesn''t cut the mustard with me.

[/quote]

When you''ve seen them go 26 games without a win (1956) it takes a lot to choke you off Cluck.

I fully understand the stance taken by those who have given up going and I would like to have a quid for the number of times I''ve sworn never to go again. If I thought boycotting a few games would help then I would do it but I can''t see it changing anything. As you rightly say, it''s a terrible feeling to watch your club destroyed and be powerless to do anything about it.

We can only hope that a bit of pain now will be the catalyst for the change we all know is so badly needed.

Same here, where did those 52 years go?[:(]

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with you 100% on that one.