Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

if we do go down(lol) who will leave???

if we do go down and it looks asif we will..who will show commitment to naarwich and who will leave???

going going gone....

clingan sold by board

hooloohoop sold by board

marshall sold by board

crofty leaves on a free how sad is that

i dont think anyone would want any other players

and half the players on long contracts we cant get rid off even if we wanted to

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

if we do go down and it looks asif we will..who will show commitment to naarwich and who will leave???

going going gone....

clingan sold by board

hooloohoop sold by board

marshall sold by board

[/quote] none of the above would be good enough to mount any sort of challenge next year in any case

[quote user="jim blair"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

going going gone....

clingan sold by board

hooloohoop sold by board

marshall sold by board

[/quote] none of the above would be good enough to mount any sort of challenge next year in any case[/quote]clingan has been our best player by far this season...even tho as a team we have been pi$$ poor

going going gone....

clingan sold by board

hooloohoop sold by board

marshall sold by board

[/quote]

Lappins contract is comming to an end i would assume he will leave as is Fotheringhams and Corts. I could also see one of the teams who are promoted comming in for Doherty and Russell. That wouldnt actually leave too many of the bigger earners left so really just Drury, Otsemebor and Cureton. Hopefully the wage bill the board keep harping on about would come down substantially unless Chris Martin is actually on about £4million a year.

Hopefully most of them. They don''t have the heart for a fight at this level so they''ll be no sodding use at a lower level as far as I''m concerned.

it is a bit of a p1$$ take when you get recorded messages from players asking you to pledge your support for next season and buy a season ticket when we know that the same players will be off like a shot come may.

DELIA OR NO DELIA

Most of the "names" will leave, and thank god for that in my opinion.Because it will be time to start again.Maybe some of our youth will get a run in the team then, because the players we have now, are good enough, they just dont seem to give a monkeys.They know full well its the club that gets relegated, they will be just fine in finding another club in the championship.As i said, good ridance to bad rubbish.

All the players will leave. Football will cease with immediate effect at the club and Delia will turn the ground into a Cooking College for people who cant cook an egg properly.

Oh and there will be a new hotel built in the centre circle called Delia " I never liked football anyway " Dormitory.

[quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]They can close the club down for how little I care tonight![:(][/quote]

:O wiz thats awful!!

[/quote]

its worse than that!!

[quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"][quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]They can close the club down for how little I care tonight![:(][/quote]

:O wiz thats awful!!

[/quote]

its worse than that!!

[/quote]

actually its even worse than that for wiz to say that!

going going gone....

clingan sold by board

hooloohoop sold by board

marshall sold by board

[/quote]

i wouldnt weep if any of those players left.. NONE of them are championship quality.. anyone who says otherwise needs to look at the league table....

Sammy clingan isn''t great, forest are faring far better without him than we are with him... if we had better players in the squad you''d see that he is an everage player at best

jas :)

We need to sweep the club clean of all the filth, from the boardroom down. The current crop of players are not good enough and wont be missed. Some of them may even be playing for a poxy little outfit like Blackpool next season.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

going going gone....

clingan sold by board

hooloohoop sold by board

marshall sold by board

[/quote]

i wouldnt weep if any of those players left.. NONE of them are championship quality.. anyone who says otherwise needs to look at the league table....

Sammy clingan isn''t great, forest are faring far better without him than we are with him... if we had better players in the squad you''d see that he is an everage player at best

[/quote]

You don''t think they''re Championship quality??? And you''re suggesting the league table shows that?

That''s a bit far wide of the mark.

Croft, Clingan and Hoolahan are amongst very few players in our squad who are up to this standard.

Our problems have stemmed from our ever changing defence, too many changes in other areas in general (particularly under Roeder) and the failure to sign a couple of decent strikers in the summer.

I''ve just had a horrible thought - could Doris the tea lady be one of those who is shown the door?

I''d look at it like this:Current SquadMarshall, Nelson, Rudd are the keepers. Expect Marshall to leave if we go down for him to continue his international ambitions. Nelson I''d allow to leave, and bring Rudd through. Full backs are Groundsy, Bertrand, Drury and Otsemobor. Grounds and Bertrand aren''t ours - and I thnk someone will come in for Semi and he''ll be sold for a smallish fee. Drury I''d allow to leave to anyone who''d take him.Center halves are Doc, Stefanovic and Shacks. Doc and Stefanovic will both be sold to anyone who''ll take, again due to their wages and probably for very small fees. Shacks I think will return to Wolves to be sold to another Champ side. Wingers are Hoolahan, Carney and Crofty. Crofty will leave - and only if he goes before June 23rd (his 24th birthday) will we receive any fee. Carney will be released from Sheffield Utd and could well reappear here. Especially if Crooky''s still here. Would be a decent signing for L1 too. Midfielders are Fozzy - enough said about him already - Rusty, who I think would have his suitors, Matty Patty, who Gunny has alienated, Gow, who will return to Rangers and Clingan who I think will find a Premiership suitor, the sale of whom will probably constitute our transfer budget to replace everyone. Spillane will return. Finally strikers. Curo can leave and his age will mean it''ll be for free and the host of loanees will follow - Killen, Mooney and Gow can happily all be waved goodbye too. Cort, I reckon, will be offered another contract and will join Chris Martin as part of our strike force.

On going credit crisis and probable relegation at the same time, not a good combination me think. How many companies that put money into the club now, will want to or be able to do so next year? Losing them might be your biggest problem?

Andy

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

going going gone....

clingan sold by board

hooloohoop sold by board

marshall sold by board

[/quote]

[/quote]

You don''t think they''re Championship quality??? And you''re suggesting the league table shows that?

Croft, Clingan and Hoolahan are amongst very few players in our squad who are up to this standard.

Our problems have stemmed from our ever changing defence, too many changes in other areas in general (particularly under Roeder) and the failure to sign a couple of decent strikers in the summer.

[/quote]

so why are they playing for Norwich? and if the league table isnt a fair reflection of these players quality then why are we 1 off bottom in the division? Croft runs around alot and contributes just what to the team? go on.. im interested... why is he so good when he contributes nothing.

same with Clinkers and hoolahan.. yes they have both had decent matches for us but neither of them are quality players.. Forest didnt seem too worried about keeping Clinkers in the summer..  and seem to not be mmissing him either....

Hoolahan ssigned for Norwich city... not reading, Cardiff, Birmingham or Wolves..... i think that says all it needs too....

all 3 players will be league 1 players next season.. still be "championship quality" will they?

i''d very, very much doubt any of them would feature much at any other team in this division.. bench warmers at best.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

going going gone....

clingan sold by board

hooloohoop sold by board

marshall sold by board

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

so why are they playing for Norwich? and if the league table isnt a fair reflection of these players quality then why are we 1 off bottom in the division? Croft runs around alot and contributes just what to the team? go on.. im interested... why is he so good when he contributes nothing.

same with Clinkers and hoolahan.. yes they have both had decent matches for us but neither of them are quality players.. Forest didnt seem too worried about keeping Clinkers in the summer..  and seem to not be mmissing him either....

Hoolahan ssigned for Norwich city... not reading, Cardiff, Birmingham or Wolves..... i think that says all it needs too....

all 3 players will be league 1 players next season.. still be "championship quality" will they?

i''d very, very much doubt any of them would feature much at any other team in this division.. bench warmers at best.

[/quote]fulham had a bid rejected for clingan!!!! he will leave for them in the summer...div 1 or prem ummmmm

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

going going gone....

clingan sold by board

hooloohoop sold by board

marshall sold by board

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]fulham had a bid rejected for clingan!!!! he will leave for them in the summer...div 1 or prem ummmmm[/quote]

so said one of the red tops....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

going going gone....

clingan sold by board

hooloohoop sold by board

marshall sold by board

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]fulham had a bid rejected for clingan!!!! he will leave for them in the summer...div 1 or prem ummmmm[/quote]

so said one of the red tops....

[/quote]very true jas...cant believe chit they say

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

going going gone....

clingan sold by board

hooloohoop sold by board

marshall sold by board

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bad career choices? City sold them false promises? Who knows.

You can''t just use our poor league position as a way of trying to slate the ability of players who are, pretty obviously, good players at this level.

We''ve had far too many changes and we''ve carried some weak players. That''s why we are where we are. But it''s definitely not the Clingans, Crofts and Hoolahans that have been our problem. It''s the Curetons, Fotheringhams and Otsemobors. Players who don''t give you enough, don''t do enough to worry the opposition and leave other players having to do more than their fair share.

You get someone like Lee Croft who gives you huge effort each game, closes down the opposition, carries the ball well, puts it into the right kind of areas and has scored a few goals. If you have another 10 players who put in that much then you don''t find yourself in our position. But what we''ve had is someone like a Fotheringham who spends too much time looking at other people and giving it a bit of gob rather than getting his own house in order. Or you get someone like Cureton who spends most of the game resembling a statue and then when he finally does get a chance he''s been so lazy and asleep he''s not ready for it and the chance is gone.

And then what you get, and this happens at all levels of football, people who have done their bit (or more than their bit) start getting some blame layed at their door. Which is why some people like to find fault with Lee Crofts crossing, he''s not a great crosser of the ball but then he''s also not anywhere near as bad as some make out. But because we''re so weak in other areas a bit of the blame starts falling back to him. Whereas if we were a bit more dangerous in the box, start looking more of a threat and scoring more goals all of a sudden people forget they ever thought there was a problem with Lee Crofts crossing.

Look at Hoolahan, he''s absolutely fantastic with the ball at his feet. There''s not a more skillful player in this league who can beat a couple of defenders at a time with the slightest drop of the shoulder. Yet what has he got around him? No offence to Cort but he can''t move much, when Jamie has played he can''t be bothered to move and hasn''t got any pace anyway. How are we ever going to see the best of Hoolahan on a regular basis when there''s not a lot going on around him?

So anyways... to conclude... I think those players are more than good enough for Championship football but we''ve had too many players who aren''t good enough and too many changes have stopped us building a solid outfit.