Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Stuart on Canary Call

Living in the North West I have had the ''pleasure'' of watching the Canaries as an away supporter and (no offence to anyone here) the type of away fan you get travelling up from Norwich tend to be, what we in education call, a little bit ''special''. Some even have the cranial scar implying the removal of vital brain tissue - I think its the bit that remembers to notify the club about not wanting to renew their season ticket, resulting in 17000 accidental renewels.

That might explain ''Stuart'' on Canary call. I think I asked him for a light once and he started banging flints together.

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]

Living in the North West I have had the ''pleasure'' of watching the Canaries as an away supporter and (no offence to anyone here) the type of away fan you get travelling up from Norwich tend to be, what we in education call, a little bit ''special''. Some even have the cranial scar implying the removal of vital brain tissue - I think its the bit that remembers to notify the club about not wanting to renew their season ticket, resulting in 17000 accidental renewels.

That might explain ''Stuart'' on Canary call. I think I asked him for a light once and he started banging flints together.

[/quote]Wonderful post Kilroy...just climbed out of bed,and by chance this was the first post read....I just keep smiling every time i think of that guy...........

[quote user="Saint Canary"]I don''t want anyone out so to speak but numerous managers, coaching staff, scouts, players and even kitmen have come and gone over recent seasons.  There has however been one constant factor that has overseen all the comings and goings from a position where we won this league to a yearly, gradual decline that now sees us looking like prime candidates for relegation.  That constant has been the board and they have to hold their hands up and accept that they have made bad decision after bad decision after bad decision.
[/quote]

Apparently they''ve only made two bad decisions in their entire tenure as directors lol.

That''s just the point. Season ticket holders did not have to notify the club that the DID want to renew for next season. They actually had to notify the club if they DIDN''T want to renew. I''m sure that some season ticket holders knew that, but its rather like asking the kids in the class to put their hands up if they are absent! It''s just that those normal, forgetful types didn''t remember to contact the club and found that they were one of 17000 people who unwittingly renewed for next year.

This led to Mr Duncecaster seeing it as a massive endorsement of the current boards leadership. When in fact it was just Norfolk peoples inactiveness.

If you are one of those who deliberately renewed your ticket I have nothing but respect and admiration for you.

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]

[/quote]

Great post. The amount of carrot crunching bumpkins who support this club is an embarrasment. It''s fair to say we are a laughing stock across the country and it''s easy to understand why!

[quote user="fearofambition"][quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]

[/quote]

Great post. The amount of carrot crunching bumpkins who support this club is an embarrasment. It''s fair to say we are a laughing stock across the country and it''s easy to understand why!

[/quote]I''m a Norfolk boy and proud of being a carrot cruncher. We''re not a laughing stock across the country because the rest of the country don''t care. If you really dislike the good men and women of this county that much then feel free to pootle off to London and feel smug. Oh and there''s a decent amount of irony in your misspelling of embarrassment  whilst slating your own club''s fans for apparently lacking in intelligence somehow. 

Spot on Beds, it''s all getting very nasty on the terraces, in the stands whatever you want to call it. I know of many, many people who are Norwich fans, and I would guess it''s about 20% of them that I do know that post on here (and others on other messageboards). So what about the others? Do they not want to use an internet site? In some cases no , they don''t. But do they still trust the board, think they are doing a great job and think we will escape relegation? No to all three.

In fact I can only probably think of three people I know who think we will stay up and two of them are on this messageboard.

There are many very angry and disillusioned City fans. Will they protest in number? I think very probably. Will there be jeering and booing from now to the end of the season, yes, I think there will.

Feel that I should just point out that I am Norwich born and bred. The problem is that many of the away fans are what I would call Warburtons. They have been inbred for many generations. Not all of them of course. Just the ones that are simply happy to have someone they have heard of ''off of the telly'' at their club.