Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

An optimistic Norwich City team

[quote user="Camuldonum"]http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED05%20Mar%202009%2021%3A26%3A21%3A230[/quote]

Going back to the story itself...

It''s good that the Ladies'' game is getting a decent mention in the Press. My daughter plays in the same NC U16 Centre of Excellence team as Chelsea Garrett and Laura Thacker, who are two class players, and the standard of football is very, very good. (The team currently has two players in the England team).

This is the U16 team that, as Under-12''s, took on local 16/17 year old boys'' teams in 5-a-side display games at the Norfolk Show and hammered them, mainly because the boys couldn''t get the ball off them! If only the men''s team passed the ball as well as them - LOL!  

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

PS: They wear your Yellow and Green, are sponsored by your club and believe themselves to be a part of Norwich City. 

As far as I am concerned anyone wearing the colours are part of the club.  Different with you?

Colchester Ladies wear our colours and are sponsored by the club and have corporate sponsorship for their strip (luckily).

Lincoln Ladies, knocked out by Chelsea 3-1 in the Women''s FA Cup quarter finals, can''t find a corporate sponsor so individuals like me sponsor various members of the team out of our own pocket.

Why? Because they wear Imps colours and needed help.

In case you are too thick to understand it I thought it an upbeat report on another side to Norwich City while you lot are busy dialling and redialling The Samaritans.

I have never taken the pee out of Norwich and never will do. 

PS: Our keeper at Lincoln is in the England ladies squad although she''s only a primary school teacher in Nottinghamshire.  If we''d had her in goal for the blokes three years ago we might have got further than the playoffs.  Fortunately, we have got shot of him. 

If they wear your colours they are my club. 

Sorry you hadn''t noticed yours.

[/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="Herb"]

I''m not defending his response to CA, but all he did to begin with was post a link that did exactly what it said on the tin. Now I dunno if those two have a history on here, but CA''s reply to what was only a link to a story was, to me as an innocent bystander, a little confrontational.

Cam then responded in a most ungentlemanly manner, got told very eloquently to stuff it by CA and the rest of this thread has just been lots of people wading in to say "I say! Leave her alone you cad!" in a predictable and rather sad manner. But hey, that''s the internet I ''spose.

[/quote]

Yes of course I can defend myself Herb but its still nice when fans/friends support each other when they''re under fire, so thanks everyone.

Maybe I over reacted in the early hours after the fans forum to yet another thread started by Cam '''' An optimistic Norwich Team '''' which I took as poking fun at us yet again.

I''ve always welcomed fans of other clubs on here, its interesting to hear their opinions of our/their teams before and after we play them but Cam a ColU/Lincoln fan is on here virtually daily which in itself is odd bearing in mind its a Norwich City fan''s site.

Yes as someone said he does start threads by copying and pasting articles from our local papers which we are quite capable of doing ourselves but the thing that irritates me most about him is that he makes out he''s far better than the rest of us by regularly reminding us that he has all these important contacts in football who he can ring to find out information.

Calling me thick hasn''t helped either [:)] but guess a leading journalist on the Telegraph or is it the Daily Star, must be far superior to the rest of us!

When I''m on here all I want to talk about is Norwich City, our survival, people''s opinions about the current state of play, our team, plus commiserate or celebrate with my fellow fans. I really don''t need to hear the benefit of his expertise quite so often.

Sorry my response to his original post caused such havoc, I didn''t mean it to.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"]

You can''t resist at poking fun at us can you Cam, why don''t you go over to one of your club''s forums and wind them up?

[/quote]

How many ladies games have you been to for YOUR club.  Not as many as I have I would suggest.  You ignore them, I notice.

It''s not a wind up - it''s an enjoyable part of modern football which I follow with enthusiasm.  Both Lincoln and Colchester have very good ladies teams.

I suggest you start taking more of an interest in yours.

[/quote]

Good wind up, I''ll give you that on this one.

I thought that CA went to see a bunch of ladies play most weeks Cam, judging by some of the performances she has seen over the last few years???

[quote user="Badger"]
I think that this is all a bit uneccesary and unpleasant. CA overreacted to the first post and it has got worse from here. I think that Cam''s posts are some of the most interesting on here and certainly better than some of the facile anti-everything posts that we get.

Surely we aren''t so narrow minded that we can''t listen to another view from a different perspective?

[/quote]

No we are very tolerant (too tolerant) and very good at doing just that.

Listening to Delia (Ipswich fan), Munbles (Hull City) and Doomy... Is it Bristol City, Bristol Rovers or Girls Aloud Doomy???

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Herb"]

I''m not defending his response to CA, but all he did to begin with was post a link that did exactly what it said on the tin. Now I dunno if those two have a history on here, but CA''s reply to what was only a link to a story was, to me as an innocent bystander, a little confrontational.

Cam then responded in a most ungentlemanly manner, got told very eloquently to stuff it by CA and the rest of this thread has just been lots of people wading in to say "I say! Leave her alone you cad!" in a predictable and rather sad manner. But hey, that''s the internet I ''spose.

[/quote]

Yes of course I can defend myself Herb but its still nice when fans/friends support each other when they''re under fire, so thanks everyone.

Maybe I over reacted in the early hours after the fans forum to yet another thread started by Cam '''' An optimistic Norwich Team '''' which I took as poking fun at us yet again.

I''ve always welcomed fans of other clubs on here, its interesting to hear their opinions of our/their teams before and after we play them but Cam a ColU/Lincoln fan is on here virtually daily which in itself is odd bearing in mind its a Norwich City fan''s site.

Yes as someone said he does start threads by copying and pasting articles from our local papers which we are quite capable of doing ourselves but the thing that irritates me most about him is that he makes out he''s far better than the rest of us by regularly reminding us that he has all these important contacts in football who he can ring to find out information.

Calling me thick hasn''t helped either [:)] but guess a leading journalist on the Telegraph or is it the Daily Star, must be far superior to the rest of us!

When I''m on here all I want to talk about is Norwich City, our survival, people''s opinions about the current state of play, our team, plus commiserate or celebrate with my fellow fans. I really don''t need to hear the benefit of his expertise quite so often.

Sorry my response to his original post caused such havoc, I didn''t mean it to.

[/quote]

Well said City Angel dearest, just defending your honour.

[quote user="Paperclip"] CA is one of the best posters on this board .[/quote]

far from it, shes an obsessive and petulant  

[quote user="Beaker"]

[quote user="Paperclip"] CA is one of the best posters on this board .[/quote]

far from it, shes an obsessive and petulant  

[/quote]

You only joined on the 20th of febuary 2009 so how would you know? Or are you the same one that got banned and just created another email address and came back again? In which case i think you will find another ban coming your way.

Totally agree Arthur, come on Beaker, we all love your jokey posts, but having a go at CA is really not on. She''s been on here for ages and has made literally thousands of considered posts in that time.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Well said City Angel dearest, just defending your honour.

[/quote]

Thats appreciated, thanks Arthur [:)]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Totally agree Arthur, come on Beaker, we all love your jokey posts, but having a go at CA is really not on. She''s been on here for ages and has made literally thousands of considered posts in that time.[/quote]... and some not so considered ones which was the problem in this case. But she has apologised so let''s just leave it at that.Carry on posting Cam.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]Totally agree Arthur, come on Beaker, we all love your jokey posts, but having a go at CA is really not on. She''s been on here for ages and has made literally thousands of considered posts in that time.[/quote]... and some not so considered ones which was the problem in this case. But she has apologised so let''s just leave it at that.Carry on posting Cam.[/quote]So where is Cam''s apology for calling CA thick? You are happy with him mocking your fellow City fans then are you Badger? Or is it simply that you like him posting because he has similar views to you?

[quote user="Badger"][
... . But she has apologised so let''s just leave it at that.

Carry on posting Cam.

[/quote]

I only said I was sorry that my post caused such havoc, I''m not sorry for anything else I''ve said in this thread  and my feelings on the Colchester/Lincoln fan remain unchanged. I still don''t understand his obsession with a Norwich City site or Archant for that matter.

[quote user="astrodyne"]So where is Cam''s apology for calling CA thick? You are happy with him mocking your fellow City fans then are you Badger? Or is it simply that you like him posting because he has similar views to you?[/quote]I wasn''t aware that his views were particularly similar. Did you have any specific views in mind? Cam''s posts do bring something different to the normal diet - I enjoy this, but if you don''t why not just ignore them? There is plenty of rubbish posted on here, so you can''t react to all of it. I don''t think it was a mocking post, I think that CA was being over-sensitive, which she has acknowledged. As for name calling, I think it would be better if this were avoided altogether, but CA can look after herself!

>Cam a ColU/Lincoln fan is on here virtually daily which in itself is odd bearing in mind its a Norwich City fan''s site.

CA, it''s not ''odd'', it''s ''work'' - he''s on here fishing for stories to sell to the sports pages of the tabloids (or if he''s lucky the main pages - ''NCFC fans invade Delia''s cookery forum'' or the like).

Don''t you see the connection between "inside info"/rumours that get posted on here and stories that crop up in the tabloid sports gossip pages the next day?

(That then get repeated on here and become internet "fact")

I think Cam has said in the past that he and his daughter spend their day monitoring various football websites for snippets of information (as well as pursuing other sources I guess).

Badger - are you happy with him calling a fellow City fan thick? Simple yes or no with suffice.Jetstream - you forgot to add that he''s also on here trying to provoke a reaction so that he can get another story.

Cam hasnt apologised for calling City Angel thick, and hes been on here since then and knows its upset a lot of regulars yet says nothing, but then again how often do tabloids apologise? Front page scandal followed by a 2 inch coloumn on page 21 to apologise. Typical. I used to find another fans views interesting but its just plain annoying now coming on here pasting other websites work and string things up. Smudger gets so much stick for winding people up but Mr 2 clubs does this in a more sneaky low life manner, at least smudge is up front with his. Why do they call them the gutter press again? You have done your collegues proud on here cam.

Funny old world isn''t it?Cam calls CA thick and a lot of you are up in arms… yet Shyster issues a death threat and not so much as a peep! [:|]From what I could see the other night, Diane was more than capable of fighting her own battles!

I may regret wading into this debate but oh well... City Angel''s initial response was over confrontational as badger has pointed out, especially given that it was an NCFC related story even if it wasn''t the mens team. Astrodyne''s argument as to the necessity of pulling together as one band of Norwich fans against the invading ''Lincoln/ Colchester fan'' is a fallacy. This message board has not ever been fully united, nor will it ever be. Cam''s response to CA was over the top, but perhaps the reason for his non-appearance on this thread is that he is rising above the vitriol that is being unfairly thrown his way in my mind. And CA suggesting that his copy and paste journalism is not wanted, and that we can look throuygh our own papers comes across as unnecessarily territorial. As for those supporting CA, they are obviously perfectly entitled to, and in the several years I have read this forum, she has almost always come across as a lovely person, however the personal abuse of Cam and his profession is just not justified in any way shape or form, and it doesn''t really serve to support CA at all. I enjoy reading both of their opinions on this board, but this thread is not about opinions, it has degenerated to a pointless slanging match, where we ostracise the ''outsider''.

i used to know one of the Col U ladies on another football board i used to post on.. she was up her own backside and a snooty cow to boot! just like a male footballer i guess....

she used to go on about how great col U ladies are too.. funny how when i see the womens premier league table i dont see the "amazing" col u in it.....

jas :)

[quote user="jetstream"] I think Cam has said in the past that he and his daughter spend their day monitoring various football websites for snippets of information .[/quote]

Well as a Colchester fan why doesn''t he monitor their main message board or post on there

http://forum.cu-fcchat.com/index.php 

camuldonum  joined  July 3rd, 2008, 2:16 pm  Posts 0  

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

PS: They wear your Yellow and Green, are sponsored by your club and believe themselves to be a part of Norwich City. 

As far as I am concerned anyone wearing the colours are part of the club.  Different with you?

Colchester Ladies wear our colours and are sponsored by the club and have corporate sponsorship for their strip (luckily).

Lincoln Ladies, knocked out by Chelsea 3-1 in the Women''s FA Cup quarter finals, can''t find a corporate sponsor so individuals like me sponsor various members of the team out of our own pocket.

In case you are too thick to understand it I thought it an upbeat report on another side to Norwich City while you lot are busy dialling and redialling The Samaritans.

PS: Our keeper at Lincoln is in the England ladies squad although she''s only a primary school teacher in Nottinghamshire.  If we''d had her in goal for the blokes three years ago we might have got further than the playoffs.  Fortunately, we have got shot of him. 

[/quote]

Coming on this forum and implying that CityAngel is thick, and then going on to suggest that female primary school teachers are a lesser form of life is hardly likely to win you friends and influence people now is it?

Tut tut.

OTBC

[/quote]

One love, dick head.  Ask City Angel if she is the same City Angel who, before she fell out with me, private messaged me for Delia''s home address which I supplied so she could write to her.

Stupidly I supplied her with same.  If City Angel doesn''t have our email messages I still do.  For some curious reason we keep them all this end.

Say something City Angel.  Yes or no?

Absolutely no Angel.

I asked her if Delia replied to her.

Apparently she didn''t bother to write.  No surprise there, then.

Go on, say something City Angel.

If she doesn''t have the emails, I have.

There followed an invitation to join her group which apparently involves supporters from clubs like Southend and Colchester.  Indeed she quoted from her group a Colchester supporter as to your prospects in League One.

I am sure she is absolutely lovely as a person but she isn''t going to get any more home addys out of me.  She can find them for herself which, in many cases, she won''t. 

PS: and why a Norwich City supporter would host a group that has Southend and Colchester supporters I have no idea.

[:|]

You must be on a wind up or really are a muppet. I do not know CA personally at all (or anyone else on here for that matter,) but having read and occasionally contributed to these boards since the original was created back in 2000, she is one of the best posters as she writes well and makes many good points. The same goes for Gazza the Great, The Butler,  Andy Larkin and many others. I''ve also praised Cam''s contribution before too and I welcome the majority of his input.Herb - of course she can easily defend herself but my point was that it was surprising how Cam reacted to her response for which she has since apologised. Anyway there are more pressing issues for our beloved Club to be concerned about instead of a disagreement between 2 people on here.

[quote user="Paperclip"]You must be on a wind up or really are a muppet. I do not know CA personally at all (or anyone else on here for that matter,) but having read and occasionally contributed to these boards since the original was created back in 2000, she is one of the best posters as she writes well and makes many good points. The same goes for Gazza the Great, The Butler,  Andy Larkin and many others. I''ve also praised Cam''s contribution before too and I welcome the majority of his input.Herb - of course she can easily defend herself but my point was that it was surprising how Cam reacted to her response for which she has since apologised. Anyway there are more pressing issues for our beloved Club to be concerned about instead of a disagreement between 2 people on here.[/quote]Arrgh I forgot to click the quote button again - the first paragraph was aimed at Beaker.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

In case you are too thick to understand it  If we''d had her in goal for the blokes three years ago we might have got further than the playoffs.  Fortunately, we have got shot of him. 

[/quote]

Coming on this forum and implying that CityAngel is thick, and then going on to suggest that female primary school teachers are a lesser form of life is hardly likely to win you friends and influence people now is it?

Tut tut.

OTBC

[/quote]

One love, dick head.  Ask City Angel if she is the same City Angel who, before she fell out with me, private messaged me for Delia''s home address which I supplied so she could write to her.

Stupidly I supplied her with same.  If City Angel doesn''t have our email messages I still do.  For some curious reason we keep them all this end.

Say something City Angel.  Yes or no?

Absolutely no Angel.

I asked her if Delia replied to her.

Apparently she didn''t bother to write.  No surprise there, then.

Go on, say something City Angel.

If she doesn''t have the emails, I have.

There followed an invitation to join her group which apparently involves supporters from clubs like Southend and Colchester.  Indeed she quoted from her group a Colchester supporter as to your prospects in League One.

I am sure she is absolutely lovely as a person but she isn''t going to get any more home addys out of me.  She can find them for herself which, in many cases, she won''t. 

[/quote]

You may seek to insult me all you wish - you know I''ve sussed you out.

But do you really find it impossible to apologise for calling a lovely, passionate member of this Norwich City board ''thick''? To quote '' In case you are too thick to understand it ''.

Or for then going on to insult all primary school teachers thus ''PS: Our keeper at Lincoln is in the England ladies squad although she''s only a primary school teacher in Nottinghamshire.''?

And then you eventually respond to criticism and launch into a ramble about previous private email correspondence between yourself and CA.

''Cam'', you are a cad - and a fitting alumnus of your darling Daily Express of the 1950s etc wherein the sun never set on the great British Empire and women were to know their place.

Your only saving grace in this episode - for which you might best just post an apology and move on - is that you admit to a passage of personal stupidity.

OTBC