Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

An optimistic Norwich City team

You can''t resist at poking fun at us can you Cam, why don''t you go over to one of your club''s forums and wind them up?

[quote user="cityangel"]

You can''t resist at poking fun at us can you Cam, why don''t you go over to one of your club''s forums and wind them up?

[/quote]

How many ladies games have you been to for YOUR club.  Not as many as I have I would suggest.  You ignore them, I notice.

It''s not a wind up - it''s an enjoyable part of modern football which I follow with enthusiasm.  Both Lincoln and Colchester have very good ladies teams.

I suggest you start taking more of an interest in yours.

PS: They wear your Yellow and Green, are sponsored by your club and believe themselves to be a part of Norwich City. 

As far as I am concerned anyone wearing the colours are part of the club.  Different with you?

Colchester Ladies wear our colours and are sponsored by the club and have corporate sponsorship for their strip (luckily).

Lincoln Ladies, knocked out by Chelsea 3-1 in the Women''s FA Cup quarter finals, can''t find a corporate sponsor so individuals like me sponsor various members of the team out of our own pocket.

Why? Because they wear Imps colours and needed help.

In case you are too thick to understand it I thought it an upbeat report on another side to Norwich City while you lot are busy dialling and redialling The Samaritans.

I have never taken the pee out of Norwich and never will do. 

PS: Our keeper at Lincoln is in the England ladies squad although she''s only a primary school teacher in Nottinghamshire.  If we''d had her in goal for the blokes three years ago we might have got further than the playoffs.  Fortunately, we have got shot of him. 

If they wear your colours they are my club. 

Sorry you hadn''t noticed yours.

A bit of a touchy response there Cam, I''m surprised at that. I think CA is one of the best posters on this board and she probably snapped after having to listen earlier to the Chairman and Chief Executive coming out with yet more PR and spin about the situation their mismanagement has put the Club in. It really does sound like they are in denial about the whole thing. I know you say the third tier isn''t so bad but for us Canary supporters, the thought of going down fills us with complete dread because none of us would be confident the team could get back up at the first attempt, ala Leeds now or Forest who spent a few years down there.I''m looking forward to reading a good recap of the NCISA meeting, especially what the smudge had to say for himself.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

PS: They wear your Yellow and Green, are sponsored by your club and believe themselves to be a part of Norwich City. 

As far as I am concerned anyone wearing the colours are part of the club.  Different with you?

Colchester Ladies wear our colours and are sponsored by the club and have corporate sponsorship for their strip (luckily).

Lincoln Ladies, knocked out by Chelsea 3-1 in the Women''s FA Cup quarter finals, can''t find a corporate sponsor so individuals like me sponsor various members of the team out of our own pocket.

In case you are too thick to understand it I thought it an upbeat report on another side to Norwich City while you lot are busy dialling and redialling The Samaritans.

PS: Our keeper at Lincoln is in the England ladies squad although she''s only a primary school teacher in Nottinghamshire.  If we''d had her in goal for the blokes three years ago we might have got further than the playoffs.  Fortunately, we have got shot of him. 

[/quote]

Coming on this forum and implying that CityAngel is thick, and then going on to suggest that female primary school teachers are a lesser form of life is hardly likely to win you friends and influence people now is it?

Tut tut.

OTBC

Cam, in the past you have given us some valuable insight into how other supporters see our club and life outside NCFC, a lot of which is very interesting.

But your attack on CA is completely unjustified. We may well have a great ladies'' team and I have seen some of them train (just across the road from me), but at the moment our focus has to be with the big boys I am afraid.

Yes we are all preoccupied with NCFC''s plight, you might accept being in the lower leagues with Colchester and Lincoln, but some of us don''t accept the same for our club. Hope that makes it clearer for you.

[quote user="Paperclip"]A bit of a touchy response there Cam, I''m surprised at that. I think CA is one of the best posters on this board and she probably snapped after having to listen earlier to the Chairman and Chief Executive coming out with yet more PR and spin about the situation their mismanagement has put the Club in. .[/quote]

Yes you''re right, I''d been to the lively board meeting  then had to endure another Cam post about our ladies team which really isn''t anyone''s priority at the moment.

Cam - When will you get the message, we''re only interested in our team and our it''s future at the moment so your posts about other stuff plus  the two teams you support ColU and Lincoln would be best posted somewhere else.

Also whilst we''re on the subject we don''t need you to paste and copy articles from our local papers about our team to start threads for us, we''re more than capable of doing that ourselves.

Now run along and work on a story for your Daily Star newspaper and leave us alone.

''Our keeper at Lincoln is in the England ladies squad although she''s only a primary school teacher in Nottinghamshire.''Now, if I''d have said Cam is just a jumped up blogger......

I think that this is all a bit uneccesary and unpleasant. CA overreacted to the first post and it has got worse from here. I think that Cam''s posts are some of the most interesting on here and certainly better than some of the facile anti-everything posts that we get. Surely we aren''t so narrow minded that we can''t listen to another view from a different perspective?

[quote user="Camuldonum"]http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED05%20Mar%202009%2021%3A26%3A21%3A230[/quote]

Are your journo skills limited to taking crap off other websites and posting it on here? Being a hack i would expect you to be a bit more creative, but then again you do work for The Star....and they say tabloid press are scum, i wonder why?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED05%20Mar%202009%2021%3A26%3A21%3A230[/quote]

Are your journo skills limited to taking crap off other websites and posting it on here? Being a hack i would expect you to be a bit more creative, but then again you do work for The Star....and they say tabloid press are scum, i wonder why?

[/quote]My plea for tolerance worked then!

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Oh you and your 2 bloody teams! You CANt support 2 teams, thats the sort of thing school kids do. You can support a team and have what some might call a soft spot for others as I and many others do for Kings Lynn, but I would never claim to support them. Why not go the whole hog and "support" a team in every league? Your idea of the word support is baffling, now run along and support 2 teams....jesus christ its pathetic!

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

My plea for tolerance worked then!
[/quote]

Thats me tolerant mate![:D]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]My plea for tolerance worked then![/quote]

[/quote]I''ll bare that in mind with future responses!

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

My plea for tolerance worked then!
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ll bare that in mind with future responses!
[/quote]

Well for gods sake, he comes on here preaching about how lucky we should feel as his TWO teams are in the lower leagues blah blah blah, calls the lovely City Angel thick when shes far from it, continues to post links to storys and starts them as a new thread, it seems all he knows what to do on a computer is cut and paste someone elses work, and he has the nerve to call city angel "too thick" when he is infact "too thick" to understand you can not possibley support TWO teams! Rant over................maybe not.....prat! 

I didn''t read Cam''s post as preaching, just looked a bit like a "cheer up, life ain''t so bad" Fair enough, in our situation it does come across to a City fan in the style of Eric Idle in the closing sequence of Life of Brian...It is a bit predictable seeing everyone jumping in to defend CA. She''s more than capable of doing just that and did so before her unofficial fan club turned up.

Thats pathetic Herb - you can''t even defend a fellow City fan against what is after all, a supporter of another club.

Its not the first time you have belittled my fellow City supporters is it Cam? I for one am sick and tired of you doing that and wish you would simply butt out.

[quote user="astrodyne"]Thats pathetic Herb - you can''t even defend a fellow City fan against what is after all, a supporter of another club. Its not the first time you have belittled my fellow City supporters is it Cam? I for one am sick and tired of you doing that and wish you would simply butt out.[/quote]

Spot on mate!

[quote user="astrodyne"]Thats pathetic Herb - you can''t even defend a fellow City fan against what is after all, a supporter of another club. Its not the first time you have belittled my fellow City supporters is it Cam? I for one am sick and tired of you doing that and wish you would simply butt out.[/quote]

Spot on mate!

[/quote]

Thirded, if that''s even a word. I don;t know why everyone is so in love with "Cam''s" posts, just as much a stirrer as a scummer.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Spot on mate!

[/quote]

Thirded, if that''s even a word. I don;t know why everyone is so in love with "Cam''s" posts, just as much a stirrer as a scummer.

[/quote]

My point exactly. Fourthered? Is that a word?

[quote user="pennywise "]personally i find cams posts a bit of welcome respite from the finger pointing and scapegoat hunting   [:D][/quote]

Everyone needs a scapegoat and a good old finger point mate!

[quote user="astrodyne"]Thats pathetic Herb - you can''t even defend a fellow City fan against what is after all, a supporter of another club.[/quote]As I thought I''d already made clear, I don''t think CA needed "defending", she did a decent job of that herself.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="astrodyne"]Thats pathetic Herb - you can''t even defend a fellow City fan against what is after all, a supporter of another club.[/quote]

As I thought I''d already made clear, I don''t think CA needed "defending", she did a decent job of that herself.

[/quote]

I see where you are coming from Herb but surely you are now doing the same thing and defending Cam when he should be quite capable of doing it himself.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="astrodyne"]Thats pathetic Herb - you can''t even defend a fellow City fan against what is after all, a supporter of another club.[/quote]As I thought I''d already made clear, I don''t think CA needed "defending", she did a decent job of that herself.

[/quote]

I see where you are coming from Herb but surely you are now doing the same thing and defending Cam when he should be quite capable of doing it himself.

[/quote]I''m not defending his response to CA, but all he did to begin with was post a link that did exactly what it said on the tin. Now I dunno if those two have a history on here, but CA''s reply to what was only a link to a story was, to me as an innocent bystander, a little confrontational.Cam then responded in a most ungentlemanly manner, got told very eloquently to stuff it by CA and the rest of this thread has just been lots of people wading in to say "I say!

Leave her alone you cad!" in a predictable and rather sad manner. But hey, that''s the internet I ''spose.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="astrodyne"]Thats pathetic Herb - you can''t even defend a fellow City fan against what is after all, a supporter of another club.[/quote]

As I thought I''d already made clear, I don''t think CA needed "defending", she did a decent job of that herself.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not defending his response to CA, but all he did to begin with was post a link that did exactly what it said on the tin. Now I dunno if those two have a history on here, but CA''s reply to what was only a link to a story was, to me as an innocent bystander, a little confrontational.

Cam then responded in a most ungentlemanly manner, got told very eloquently to stuff it by CA and the rest of this thread has just been lots of people wading in to say "I say! Leave her alone you cad!" in a predictable and rather sad manner. But hey, that''s the internet I ''spose.

[/quote]

"leave her alone you cad" LOL!!!