Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Feeling Sad For Nigel Boy

[quote]Nice to see this thread is second in the all time views for this board and sixth in the all time replies. The Wiz does it again. Where would we be without him?[/quote]

Thanks for your very kind words DD.  But the thought of some type of record regarding the ''shelf life'' of this thread, was never my intention.

I just believe with a passion,, that on this occasion, this season, The board have sold our ''Nigel Boy'' up the river and without a paddle!.

Ho Hum. 

[quote]Nice to see this thread is second in the all time views for this board and sixth in the all time replies. The Wiz does it again. Where would we be without him?[/quote]

Profound words indeed  DD!.

The report on the Pink Un''s main board today, says that ''Nigel Boy'' reckons he could well be ''priced out'' come January, in his search for a striker.

Well, I did warn you, yes?. 

plus it does say that he only has £1.2M to play with after all.   Mr. Wiz you were right.

It doesn''t look like we will get much for that, but I still believe we can stay up with what we have plus a new signing.

[quote]Profound words indeed DD!. The report on the Pink Un''s main board today, says that ''Nigel Boy'' reckons he could well be ''priced out'' come January, in his search for a striker. Well, I did w...[/quote]

You''re exactly right Wiz.  Like I said on my thread I''d be willing to bet that Worthy doesn''t get anything over a million.  And I''m willing also willing to bet that £1.2M includes signing on fee, wages etc etc.  Who could we get for that???  Certainly no one who will score goals at Prem level

DD you always sign off with "keep the faith" its starting to sound like you''ve kept it and locked it up in a dark room somewhere!

KEEP THE FAITH!!

the report say nige will have "at least" 1.2 Million, which is what we knew. He may in fact have 3 Mill for instance. His interview is in all probability a message to the board as much as anyone else in an attempt to get some real cash. I suspect if we''re in touch by Jan, playing well in most areas, but likely to be still missing chances then a significant buy will happen.

Bury Yellow

Can we get away from the smart remarks about not attending games at Carrow Road please - this smacks of last seasons "I''m a better supporter than you" shenanhigans. Everyone has a right to post their opinions on this board be they living 4 or 4000 miles from Carrow Road - whether or not we all get to see games is beside the point, we all have (mostly!)very valid opinions on NCFC.

Right that''s the telling off part over...

I''m glad to see that this thread is still running, it''s one of the most interesting and sensible threads on this board for ages and as the season drags on it becomes more and more pertinent.

It''s been said elsewhere but hey, where do you really all think that we would be at this point in the season - 3rd place??? Survival in this division will be probably be decided on the result of one game - just look how Palace bounced out of the bottom three thanks to 3 points. Yes we look ropey in defence against some of the better teams in the division, but again, what did we all expect? What we do need is some quality up front - and we don''t currently have that. McKenzie is in my view (and no I don''t go to Carrow Rd at the moment...)a player with a great deal of potential - he just needs the experience but we can''t rely on his learning curve. Francis - well take him or leave him (me, I say leave him), Huckerby - should be supplying the killer balls not being relied upon to do the actually finishing all the time, Svensonn - well he can do a job but he''s more of a nuisance to defences rather than an out and out striker.

Apologies if this seems to be a bit of a stream of consciousness but I just wanted to add some more comments - feel free to shoot me down - but don''t dare criticize my lack of knowledge of the club due to the fact I live 250 miles away...

i am hopeless with money - so don''t any of you quote sums to me, but what i do know is the board will do anything to keep nige, what nige wants, nige always gets, they might come out with all the crap they did last year (re the huckerby saga), but if nige wants someone in jan for £3, he will have the money mysteriously released.  If the player nige wants is willing, we will sign him

remember doomcaster and co sit in their little ivory towers loving all this money talk, and no, not one of us (unless we are on the board or the club accountant) know the state of play on those balance sheets

come the transfer window they will cough up, what we get however is another matter, and i can''t see anyone standing out at the moment, no target men please, we must move on from tirelessly humping the ball up to a six foot striker, most of the team need serious revision on the pass and move principals, don''t think that costs anything but time at colney

we have a brillliant youth coach in dave williams who worked with dave stringer (get him into first team coaching and we will see a difference immediately)

sorry, going off the point, i know, but it is not just a question of spending money, it''s getting the right sort of player and playing the right way in the first place

I love you GTG - get the basics right - pass & move, know your role and organised defence - and get skilfull players to deliver it for you.Look at how difficult it is to play an average quality Everton team with good organisation and slick passing and movement. OTBC

[quote]i am hopeless with money - so don''t any of you quote sums to me, but what i do know is the board will do anything to keep nige, what nige wants, nige always gets, they might come out with all the crap...[/quote]

I love your optimism Gazza!  I really do hope and pray that if Nige wants his £X million striker the board will go out and get him....

[quote]I love your optimism Gazza! I really do hope and pray that if Nige wants his £X million striker the board will go out and get him....[/quote]

Gazza: I usually agree with your posts, but you know that already, yes?.

But like DD, I think you are being a tad optimistic if you think the board will agree to Nigel''s pleas for more cash.

Any requests would, I believe, fall on deaf ears, they are only playing at being a premiership club I''m afraid.

Sorry.

[quote]I love your optimism Gazza! I really do hope and pray that if Nige wants his £X million striker the board will go out and get him....[/quote]

Theme from ''Jaws''!!

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water.... its back!.

Firstly I''m proud of the lads display at Man City last night. I ask no more of them, then effort, as does Nigel.

But, if anything, it only highlighted (once again) the desperate need for an out and out class striker.

I don''t need my balls to forecast this depressing scenario for us come January:.

Bottom of the league:  The board won''t release much cash when it seems we''re doomed to relegation.

6th or 8th from bottom: The board won''t release much cash to Nigel Boy'' as they assume he has it all under control, and they can manage to ''get away'' with it.

In short, Nigel can''t win this argument, he''ll have to make do with the ''bargain basement''s'' (yet again).

When will this board, finally wake up and realise that they are spoiling the good ship city, for a ha''penny of tar.

That''s right, never!. 

[quote]Theme from ''Jaws''!! Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water.... its back!. Firstly I''m proud of the lads display at Man City last night. I ask no more of them, then effort,...[/quote]

Firstly, I will not apologise for bringing this old thread back...yet again.

Well, the canaries are now really coming home to roost now, aren''t they?.

£1.2 million?, what a joke!. God help Worthy now, is all I can say.

Trust me, the only person who will carry the can for any failure, will be poor bloody Nigel. Doomcaster and his cohort''s will get off scott free again.

Nigel must, simply must be given better suupport than this by the board, and I don''t mean by selling Greeno.

Although IMO, I think that''s what we''re being softened up for.

Disgraceful!.      

Nothing has changed since this bloated post was started - The Doomcaster General has consistently said that the transfer kitty is £1.2m for Jan and that this came from the cash released from the preference share bonus - so what canaries are coming home to roost.

The real proof of the pudding continues to be what transfer activity happens in Jan. Until then we can only summise, second guess and rant at something that may never happen.

My concern remains actually attracting anyone who is better than the players we have at the club mid-season. - to me wasting cash on players who are no better is worse than not having enough cash available, and even worse is buying decent players and then consigning them to the bench or reserves. Is that the boards fault too?

OTBC

What is this - Wiz''s personal web page???!!!Mind you - what in reality did we all expect - millions in the kitty - we''ve been getting all the signals for weeks/months now from the board so £1.2 million is hardly a surprise!

[quote]What is this - Wiz''s personal web page???!!!Mind you - what in reality did we all expect - millions in the kitty - we''ve been getting all the signals for weeks/months now from the board so £1.2 millio...[/quote]

Now there''s an idea Plastic Scouser, Wiz''s personal web page!.

It could be called ''Pointless drivel from the vaults''!.

But you miss my point, If you can be bothered, I can''t, go through the pages.You''ll see posters who really thought that the board would do more then it seems they are going to do.

Now those same posters, are moaning too.

Its a funny old world.

Worthy will get what the board gives him plus anything else he can generate from player sales. Simply this club has a large debt and cannot afford to gamble with its very future. An extra £1.5mio, £3mio, £5mio, even £10mio would not guarantee we stay up - look at the clubs around us. I''ve said it before but I''ll say it again here. The current board may have a prudent approach to running at a loss, maybe we could sail closer to the wind. However these are the people who''ve put their money on the line, money in large quantities, money they stand to lose. If anyone out there can make a better fist of it, is happier to run more financial risk, then they should get their finances together and approach the board ..... if not then sit back and relax.

New stands have led to an increase in debt but they''ll generate extra income in the long term, that money can then be invested on the pitch. I''d like to know what the clubs 5 year plan is

The finances of the football industry as a hole are the stuff of dream worlds, unless you have a rich benefactor who can underwrite club losses then the present cost base of the game (player wages, transfer fees) does not stack up. The FA and the Premiership have created the seeds of destruction, you can see it all the way down through the leagues. Our desperation to stay in this league is a symptom of this and leads to a desire for a roulette approach to running the club.

I''m yet to see a conclusive

afternoon Wiz.... sir,

just had to add a post to this "monster" thread.... 107 posts... geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezuzzzzzzzzz!! its like the titanic has returned from the sea depths... I''ll have to have a look into the "Bog of Eternal threads" myself and have a look at what else is lurking in there... scary  (i promise not to bring any back to life)

The board must have spent all of Thursday watching/listening to the Chancellor''s pre-budget statement, or they attend the Gordon Brown school of financial prudence.
Keeping the finances as close to balanced as possible is the most important thing for the board, so a slim transfer budget is to be expected if we are going to pay off all of these loans first...

I think Worthy can cope with such a small amount. After all, look at Bolton with Allardyce''s team assembled for less than £8m and doing well up in 8th.

[quote]afternoon Wiz.... sir, just had to add a post to this " monster" thread.... 107 posts... geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezuzzzzzzzzz!! its like the titanic has returned from the sea depths... I''ll have to have a...[/quote]

The cheeseboard thread is the longest at 199 posts over a period of exactly six months.

This has done over half that in under 2 months....

I wouldn''t believe everything that the board says.

They also said he wouldn''t keep hucks

What do you want them to say "Yes, we will spend 6million quid on players in the transfer window". I think we all know that prices will start to rise if people think we have cash burning a hole in our pocket. So don''t worry all will go well.

I''m not sure if I''m being an idiot but I still think we''ll stay up!!!

Boltons wage bill is enormous, big sam is tactically astute and he actually plays his talented footballers. We can become a successful team on a shoestring but as much of that is down to the managers ability as the boards ability to flash the cheque book.

I am not too concerned if we dont spend as I will assume that the right players are not available and the current squad is still in the game as far as survival is concerned, despite its very obvious limitations, with a supportive board & fans.

OTBC

[quote]I wouldn''t believe everything that the board says. They also said he wouldn''t keep hucks What do you want them to say "Yes, we will spend 6million quid on players in the transfer window". I think we...[/quote]

As I''ve promised not to say anthing on this, I''ll just quote Greeno from today''s EDP.

To say the board can''t afford to bring in extra players, is farcical. That''s more or less the quote I believe.

As this is Green''s comments, I don''t think I''ve broken my vow of silence!.

I''ve just added this to aid you, honestly!.