Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

DELIA & THE BOARD

Delia & MWJ are just fans, like you or me. They have given so much money to our football club - money they have worked hard for, and more money than any of us can claim to have.

It is quite clear we have needed fresh investment for a while now, but what are the board to do when people aren''t willing to put their money where their mouths are. In this economic climate, the chances of us getting the investment are tiny. And why should Delia give the club away for nothing? The simple answer is she shouldn''t have to after all the stuff she has done for our club.

It has gotten to the stage now where it seems many of you posters on here want us to lose, just for the opportunity to have a moan about the board - that simply is ridiculous.

The board don''t want the team to fail! They have done what they can, and perhaps we do need new owners, but what can they do if noone will take on this sinking ship?

We are supposed to be "supporters", although I find that hard to see with some posters on here. The only sensible thing to do is get behind the team, stop the bickering, and help the team to sort out their form on the field.

Obviously this isn''t what any of you will want to hear, but I really would urge you to consider that the grass isn''t always greener. Would you really want to be the next Man City or QPR anyway?!?!?

Boring, Boring, Boring. We have heard all this so many times. They have failed to invest in the side arguing over pathetic amounts such as taylor. They are getting exactly what they deserve through poor management and there "Little old Naarich" mentality.The omly reason there is no investment is because she wants money without relinquishing control or a ridiculous price for the club. She wants top whack for her club but wants to pay other clubs nothing for their players.Good Riddance to bad rubbish! I have never felt so low as a Norwich Fan and the worst thing is I feel I have seen it coming for so long. Yet we have sat by listened to there spin and excuses for far too long. It is time to sharpen the pitch forks and send them packing I am afraid. We may just end up like Cambridge soon if not. Its time for confrontation!

Delia has said she will only sell to locals, limiting the chances of a  takeover, but the fact she was born in surrey makes her a bit of a hypercrite.{sorry for spelling}. Cullum and the Turners fell into that bracket and were given short shrift so what happens now?

I have wanted Delia gone ever since we got promoted and the little old norwich rubbish started coming out of her mouth. That perspective and attitude has ruined us.

She should of looked further a field for investment, rather than just locally. That investment should of come when we were Premeirship. The board have made too many mistakes, too many wrong decisions and lied about too many things. Its their time to go!!

I get behind the team all the time, and that will always continue but I want the board gone by the start of next season.

I couldn''t care who takes over Norwich. She has ruined us and we are at a stage were we can not pick and choose investors. We need whatever is available.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Delia & MWJ are just fans, like you or me. They have given so much money to our football club - money they have worked hard for, and more money than any of us can claim to have. It is quite clear we have needed fresh investment for a while now, but what are the board to do when people aren''t willing to put their money where their mouths are. In this economic climate, the chances of us getting the investment are tiny. And why should Delia give the club away for nothing? The simple answer is she shouldn''t have to after all the stuff she has done for our club. It has gotten to the stage now where it seems many of you posters on here want us to lose, just for the opportunity to have a moan about the board - that simply is ridiculous. The board don''t want the team to fail! They have done what they can, and perhaps we do need new owners, but what can they do if noone will take on this sinking ship? We are supposed to be "supporters", although I find that hard to see with some posters on here. The only sensible thing to do is get behind the team, stop the bickering, and help the team to sort out their form on the field. Obviously this isn''t what any of you will want to hear, but I really would urge you to consider that the grass isn''t always greener. Would you really want to be the next Man City or QPR anyway?!?!?[/quote]

Yada yada yada - the Board are sh*te and should hang their heads in shame - the problem is, there is nobody out there to step into their shoes, as far as I''m aware.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Delia & MWJ are just fans, like you or me. They have given so much money to our football club - money they have worked hard for, and more money than any of us can claim to have.

It is quite clear we have needed fresh investment for a while now, but what are the board to do when people aren''t willing to put their money where their mouths are. In this economic climate, the chances of us getting the investment are tiny. And why should Delia give the club away for nothing? The simple answer is she shouldn''t have to after all the stuff she has done for our club.

It has gotten to the stage now where it seems many of you posters on here want us to lose, just for the opportunity to have a moan about the board - that simply is ridiculous.

The board don''t want the team to fail! They have done what they can, and perhaps we do need new owners, but what can they do if noone will take on this sinking ship?

We are supposed to be "supporters", although I find that hard to see with some posters on here. The only sensible thing to do is get behind the team, stop the bickering, and help the team to sort out their form on the field.

Obviously this isn''t what any of you will want to hear, but I really would urge you to consider that the grass isn''t always greener. Would you really want to be the next Man City or QPR anyway?!?!?[/quote]Ooooh they try, they didn''t want it to turn out like this, you''re aren''t supporters cos you have an opinion etc etc etc  heard all that crap before and it isn''t getting any more convincing.None of us are suggesting they haven''t "tried their best" or that they "wanted to be in this position" or that they aren''t "fans" themselves..... our point is that they''ve FAILED and done so BIG TIME.Why can''t you grasp this very simple point? Trying is irrelvant to us, their performances are consistently woeful in every field, THATS the issue here.They''re very very poor at their jobs and it''s costing the club dear. We therefore want them removed. Why is this concept so difficult to grasp?!

Lappin, yes, some of them are fans, well the three that have poured investment in are, the other two, well they are well paid employees. Delia and the two Michaels have indeed put money into the club and subsequently own a lot of shares, in the Wynn Jones'' case, they have control over the club. Munby and Doncaster own just over 100 shares each, which I guess a lot of us supporters could top, and most of us over 30 or so have sunk far more of our hard earned into NCFC, especially considering the excessive wages of one Mr Doncaster.

We all know Delia won''t give the club away for nothing. If there are interested parties out there then perhaps the fact they are not biting reflects the price she would hope to achieve. IF there are genuinely no takers then the present board members need to sit down and form a strategy to first save the club from any further financial implications (relegation will throw a few of these up, even if its not as bad as administration). They then need to find some additional suitable candidates to guide them. Munby keeps mentioning that the board are experienced. But that experience is of no consequence at the moment, when they are publically stating that relegation is not a word a NCFC employee can utter at the moment. How deep is that sandpit at CR?

So the fans who want us to lose? How many of them are there would you suggest? I certainly don''t know any, are they all in hiding? Where are these people? Certainly not too many amongst the 17,000 who are renewing I would suspect, or the many others who for one reason or another can''t attend games but still follow the club.

The board may not want the club to fail, of course they don''t but they all need to take on a big reality check and find a new way of running the club. What they have done since relegation from the Premiership has led to this perilous position we find ourselves in. A team decimated in number and quality. Manager following manager (and being paid off handsomely each time). And fans so fed up there is open fighting on the terraces. Yes, we can stop bickering, but does the team respond? Can it? Lappin, every home game I attend I sing and support, I don''t boo, I don''t shout Delia or board out, however tempting it maybe. I go to do what I have done for years and that''s support the team. I am not alone in that.

No one of course knows what would happen under a new regime, but at present it''s hard to imagine anyone worse than the current one. About to be relegated to the Third Division, still as debt ridden as ever, despite our promotion season and owning only a handful of players. Can it really get any worse? I suggest if this board carry on as they are, yes, it can, and it will.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Lappin, yes, some of them are fans, well the three that have poured investment in are, the other two, well they are well paid employees. Delia and the two Michaels have indeed put money into the club and subsequently own a lot of shares, in the Wynn Jones'' case, they have control over the club. Munby and Doncaster own just over 100 shares each, which I guess a lot of us supporters could top, and most of us over 30 or so have sunk far more of our hard earned into NCFC, especially considering the excessive wages of one Mr Doncaster. We all know Delia won''t give the club away for nothing. If there are interested parties out there then perhaps the fact they are not biting reflects the price she would hope to achieve. IF there are genuinely no takers then the present board members need to sit down and form a strategy to first save the club from any further financial implications (relegation will throw a few of these up, even if its not as bad as administration). They then need to find some additional suitable candidates to guide them. Munby keeps mentioning that the board are experienced. But that experience is of no consequence at the moment, when they are publically stating that relegation is not a word a NCFC employee can utter at the moment. How deep is that sandpit at CR? So the fans who want us to lose? How many of them are there would you suggest? I certainly don''t know any, are they all in hiding? Where are these people? Certainly not too many amongst the 17,000 who are renewing I would suspect, or the many others who for one reason or another can''t attend games but still follow the club. The board may not want the club to fail, of course they don''t but they all need to take on a big reality check and find a new way of running the club. What they have done since relegation from the Premiership has led to this perilous position we find ourselves in. A team decimated in number and quality. Manager following manager (and being paid off handsomely each time). And fans so fed up there is open fighting on the terraces. Yes, we can stop bickering, but does the team respond? Can it? Lappin, every home game I attend I sing and support, I don''t boo, I don''t shout Delia or board out, however tempting it maybe. I go to do what I have done for years and that''s support the team. I am not alone in that. No one of course knows what would happen under a new regime, but at present it''s hard to imagine anyone worse than the current one. About to be relegated to the Third Division, still as debt ridden as ever, despite our promotion season and owning only a handful of players. Can it really get any worse? I suggest if this board carry on as they are, yes, it can, and it will.[/quote]

The Mother of a neglected child is still it''s Mother sadly.

Smith has cynically destroyed this club in the name of her "support" and should be duly lambasted for what she has done. There are no excuses as to how she has neglected the core element of NCFC in the persuance of extending her fading limelight.

She along with her cohorts are a disgrace.

I don''t see what all the fuss is about. I would rather the club was top of League One than bottom of the Championship. We are "Little Old Norwich" whatever this Message Board likes to think and a place in the middle of the Premiership or above is unthinkable. Being in League One we will have a chance to develop the younger players which will eventually take NCFC back into the Championship. Going to watch City play on a Saturday afternoon will remain a good day out whoever we play.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Delia & MWJ are just fans, like you or me. They have given so much money to our football club - money they have worked hard for, and more money than any of us can claim to have. It is quite clear we have needed fresh investment for a while now, but what are the board to do when people aren''t willing to put their money where their mouths are. In this economic climate, the chances of us getting the investment are tiny. And why should Delia give the club away for nothing? The simple answer is she shouldn''t have to after all the stuff she has done for our club. It has gotten to the stage now where it seems many of you posters on here want us to lose, just for the opportunity to have a moan about the board - that simply is ridiculous. The board don''t want the team to fail! They have done what they can, and perhaps we do need new owners, but what can they do if noone will take on this sinking ship? We are supposed to be "supporters", although I find that hard to see with some posters on here. The only sensible thing to do is get behind the team, stop the bickering, and help the team to sort out their form on the field. Obviously this isn''t what any of you will want to hear, but I really would urge you to consider that the grass isn''t always greener. Would you really want to be the next Man City or QPR anyway?!?!?[/quote]

You are Stuart from Canary Call and I claim my £5

[quote user="Bobert"]I don''t see what all the fuss is about. I would rather the club was top of League One than bottom of the Championship. We are "Little Old Norwich" whatever this Message Board likes to think and a place in the middle of the Premiership or above is unthinkable. Being in League One we will have a chance to develop the younger players which will eventually take NCFC back into the Championship. Going to watch City play on a Saturday afternoon will remain a good day out whoever we play.[/quote]

Thats just the kind of thing Doncaster will be telling (spinning) us in august when we begin our League 1 campaign.

[quote user="Bobert"]I don''t see what all the fuss is about. I would rather the club was top of League One than bottom of the Championship. We are "Little Old Norwich" whatever this Message Board likes to think and a place in the middle of the Premiership or above is unthinkable. Being in League One we will have a chance to develop the younger players which will eventually take NCFC back into the Championship. Going to watch City play on a Saturday afternoon will remain a good day out whoever we play.[/quote]Afternoon Mr. Doncaster.

The poster is spot on. As for only selling to local people that is not what was said at all. In a very different climate, only a year or so ago it was stated that the majority shareholders would indeed sell but only to a buyer who had the best interest of the club at heart. Anything else that you ''read'' was wrong. So tell me what was wrong with that statement? Would you be prepared to sell to a land developer? sell to the council and lease back? Would you have preferred we hadn''t rebuilt the South Stand and invested in the facilities? The banks have a huge say in where the money goes and in spite of what Mr Carrow thinks, the banks dont look kindly on spending money on players. Its extremely difficult. If you dont believe me go try it. Go to your bank and ak for a loan to invest in a footballer. It doesn''t matter that NCFC is a football club, a bad risk is a bad risk. Even the capital that we have (had?) is strictly controlled by powers beyond the board.Of course they are fans. You seriously think anyone would get involved if they were not?And to the poster who stated yada yada yada we''ve heard it all before.... maybe there''s a good reason for that? The blame game gets boring. Why not blame yourselves for not donating more money to the club, Delia could have remained just like you, a season ticket holder. All this ego stuff is rubbish, you seriously think she needs an end of the line football club to massage her ego? Think about it

[quote user="IBA"] All this ego stuff is rubbish, you seriously think she needs an end of the line football club to massage her ego? Think about it[/quote]Prior to Delia becoming involved we were not an end of the line football club (metaphorically anyway).

While perusing the pages of the Pink Un today I came across this topic and truly believed it was the beginning of a joke!!There hasn''t been a punchline yet.All I can say is that we''re in dire need of fresh faces. If you look at the amount of their own money they''ve put in over the years, it isn''t enough to buy one decent premiership striker. I''m not saying Norwich deserve to be in the premiership, but 17,000 season ticket renewals would suggest people still have faith. Although, I can''t see where it''s coming from. Possibly because us Norfolk types don''t have anything more exciting to do with our lives than wasting them at Carrow Road on a Saturday and Tuesday. This has been talked about over a trillion times, but when are the board and players going to start repaying the faith and hard earned cash we''ve pumped into their coffers?? It simply isn''t right and we deserve a hell of a lot more.The Championship is one tough league, because pretty much every team has the capability of beating one another, but I reckon league one will be harder. This spiralling descent almost seems purposeful. Like, if we''re in League One next season it may give them a chance to "restabilise". I don''t think so. Our half decent players will be sold off, we''ll appoint some other useless waste of space as a manager (i''m not talking about Gunny) and we''ll continue to bring in players on loan, culminating in massive agents fees, dwindling attendances and ultimately condemning ourselves to League One status for years to come. Mind you, at least we won''t have to play P''Boro or MK Dons!!!!

[quote user="IBA"]The poster is spot on.

The blame game gets boring. Why not blame yourselves for not donating more money to the club, Delia could have remained just like you, a season ticket holder. All this ego stuff is rubbish, you seriously think she needs an end of the line football club to massage her ego? Think about it
[/quote]

are you really that ignorant? do you have the odd 5 million pounds just gathering dust in your safe?

We cant match the investment of the smiths because we dont have their kind of money... if we did she''d of been gone long ago..., and just because she is rich doesnt mean her and the current board have the nous to run a football club.....

I worked out the other night in the 18 years i''ve been going to Carrow road i must of given the club around 10,000 pounds in mercandise, tickets, season tickets, food, drink and many other things.....10 grand could of bought me a brand new car, a deposit on a house.. anything.. instead i gave it to Norwich city over the years.....

how much do you think i should of donated? taken a 2 million pound loan out from somehwere and given it to the club?

idiot!

jas :)

You can''t knock them for putting money into the club afterall none of us can put in the neccesary money!

They know they are now past it in terms of doing a capable job at the helm and thats the reason why they have been trying to sell for a year now!

Its a horrible catch 22 situation that is not doing the club any good!

In my opinion things haven''t right since we got promoted and didn''t give it a big enough go and then keeping Worthy a year too long then the disasters that were Grant and Roeder now sees us where we are now!

I really admire your ambition that being top of League 1 is better for the club than being bottom of the Championship.

I''d rather fail at trying to do something big than not try at all because we even went into the Premiership looking to enjoy the experience rather than doing what Hull or Stoke have done and had a good go at competing at that level. For that I salute their effort rather than making do as you would have us do in League 1.

[quote user="IBA"]The poster is spot on.

As for only selling to local people that is not what was said at all. In a very different climate, only a year or so ago it was stated that the majority shareholders would indeed sell but only to a buyer who had the best interest of the club at heart. Anything else that you ''read'' was wrong. So tell me what was wrong with that statement? Would you be prepared to sell to a land developer? sell to the council and lease back? Would you have preferred we hadn''t rebuilt the South Stand and invested in the facilities? The banks have a huge say in where the money goes and in spite of what Mr Carrow thinks, the banks dont look kindly on spending money on players. Its extremely difficult. If you dont believe me go try it. Go to your bank and ak for a loan to invest in a footballer. It doesn''t matter that NCFC is a football club, a bad risk is a bad risk. Even the capital that we have (had?) is strictly controlled by powers beyond the board.

Of course they are fans. You seriously think anyone would get involved if they were not?

And to the poster who stated yada yada yada we''ve heard it all before.... maybe there''s a good reason for that?

The blame game gets boring. Why not blame yourselves for not donating more money to the club, Delia could have remained just like you, a season ticket holder. All this ego stuff is rubbish, you seriously think she needs an end of the line football club to massage her ego? Think about it
[/quote]

The problem is my friend that they, and they alone decide who in their view "has the best interests of the Club at heart" and until recently in my opinion that category of persons was extremely small, if not non-existant. Frankly, provided they are not a complete shark I don''t care if a potential investor also sees an opportunity to make some money. In fact you could argue that it gives an incentive for them to help the club become succesful!

I am however sick to the back teeth of hearing "there''s nobody out there" trotted out in defence. There may well not be now (certainly who will pay what they may be looking for) but the damage has already been done.

The biggest, most sickening thing of all is that they are responsible for hundreds, if not thousands of lifelong fans simply falling out of love with their club. I am a home and away season ticket holder and for the first time in ages yesterday not only did I not go to a game I could quite easily have gone to but I didn''t even listen to the radio, follow it on teletext or make any other effort to find out the score until 4.45. Even then I just shrugged and went to the supermarket. And I know its not just me there are many, many more like me. I for the life of me don''t know who these 17,000 people are who have supposedly renewed (and am deeply sceptical about the number cited) as that is not consistent with the proportions of the season ticket holders I know. Worst of all the fans the club is losing are many of the die hard lads who have now "died" but have been following Norwich home and away fro years. They are gradually being replaced by the happy, clappy families, women and children who now populate many parts of Carrow Road and are another of the reasons its so hard to get anyone to show dissent these days.

[quote user="NorwichRUs"]Ooooh they try, they didn''t want it to turn out like this, you''re aren''t supporters cos you have an opinion etc etc etc  heard all that crap before and it isn''t getting any more convincing.None of us are suggesting they haven''t "tried their best" or that they "wanted to be in this position" or that they aren''t "fans" themselves..... our point is that they''ve FAILED and done so BIG TIME.Why can''t you grasp this very simple point? Trying is irrelvant to us, their performances are consistently woeful in every field, THATS the issue here.They''re very very poor at their jobs and it''s costing the club dear. We therefore want them removed. Why is this concept so difficult to grasp?![/quote]We can''t remove them - they own the club. Why is this so difficult to grasp?The only way that things will change is when we either go into administration or someone is prepared to buy. I''m not sure that protesting will help either way but if is amuses you....

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="NorwichRUs"]

Ooooh they try, they didn''t want it to turn out like this, you''re aren''t supporters cos you have an opinion etc etc etc  heard all that crap before and it isn''t getting any more convincing.

None of us are suggesting they haven''t "tried their best" or that they "wanted to be in this position" or that they aren''t "fans" themselves..... our point is that they''ve FAILED and done so BIG TIME.

Why can''t you grasp this very simple point? Trying is irrelvant to us, their performances are consistently woeful in every field, THATS the issue here.

They''re very very poor at their jobs and it''s costing the club dear. We therefore want them removed. Why is this concept so difficult to grasp?!
[/quote]

We can''t remove them - they own the club. Why is this so difficult to grasp?

The only way that things will change is when we either go into administration or someone is prepared to buy. I''m not sure that protesting will help either way but if is amuses you....
[/quote]

I think everyone is well aware they own the club and that they can''t just resign.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="NorwichRUs"]Ooooh they try, they didn''t want it to turn out like this, you''re aren''t supporters cos you have an opinion etc etc etc  heard all that crap before and it isn''t getting any more convincing.None of us are suggesting they haven''t "tried their best" or that they "wanted to be in this position" or that they aren''t "fans" themselves..... our point is that they''ve FAILED and done so BIG TIME.Why can''t you grasp this very simple point? Trying is irrelvant to us, their performances are consistently woeful in every field, THATS the issue here.They''re very very poor at their jobs and it''s costing the club dear. We therefore want them removed. Why is this concept so difficult to grasp?![/quote]We can''t remove them - they own the club. Why is this so difficult to grasp?The only way that things will change is when we either go into administration or someone is prepared to buy. I''m not sure that protesting will help either way but if is amuses you....[/quote]

I think everyone is well aware they own the club and that they can''t just resign.

[/quote]So why all the talk of removing them?

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="NorwichRUs"]

Ooooh they try, they didn''t want it to turn out like this, you''re aren''t supporters cos you have an opinion etc etc etc  heard all that crap before and it isn''t getting any more convincing.

None of us are suggesting they haven''t "tried their best" or that they "wanted to be in this position" or that they aren''t "fans" themselves..... our point is that they''ve FAILED and done so BIG TIME.

Why can''t you grasp this very simple point? Trying is irrelvant to us, their performances are consistently woeful in every field, THATS the issue here.

They''re very very poor at their jobs and it''s costing the club dear. We therefore want them removed. Why is this concept so difficult to grasp?!
[/quote]

We can''t remove them - they own the club. Why is this so difficult to grasp?

The only way that things will change is when we either go into administration or someone is prepared to buy. I''m not sure that protesting will help either way but if is amuses you....
[/quote]

[/quote]

So why all the talk of removing them?
[/quote]

Stop being so pedantic. You know full well what people mean. They want them to sell up and are saying they want to hasten the process. At the end of the day Chase had a majority shareholding as well. If he''d really, really wanted to he could have sat it out but he was effectively "removed" by fan pressure that really made his position untenable.

I distinctly remember Delia saying that after Chase she did not want the club to be owned by one person who had all the power/control.

I wonder where she changed her view???

[quote user="astrodyne"]Do you get it now Badger?[/quote]Nope. You can''t force them out - you just like the illusion that you can. Sorry you are fooling yourselves - they will only leave when a suitable offer comes along and you can''t make that happen.

I think the fact is here that the board have to take responsibility, not only for the poor managerial appointments in the past two years, but also for sanctioning a ridiculous short-term transfer policy. They should have ensured that whatever transfer kitty was available was at least in some percentage spent on permanent signings instead of virtually the whole lot gonig on loan signings.

Loan signings in themselves are not a bad thing. What is a bad thing is not investing at all in the permanent staff and not investing in young players. Just think on this - earlier this season we sold Shackell to Wolves for about £1m. I will wager that on the loan signings of Sibierski, Lita, Carney, Killen, Gow, Leijer, Omosuzi et al that all of that money has gone. And where has that left us? With no money and one less saleable asset.

This has been the policy for a long time and it is why we have slowly descended to where we are. The board have to be held accountable for that - they can''t tell the manager which players to sign but they should have a say in allocating the budget between permanent and short-term signings.

It has left us on the verge of league 1, and if we do go down we will have no way to mount any sort of promotion challenge to get back.

Ask yourself why Barnsley, Blackpool, Forest, Doncaster, Plymouth are doing better than us. I doubt their wage bills are higher than ours but I bet they have spent far more money on permanent playing staff. That provides a return on investment and stability in selection which we do not have.

That is why I think the board are to blame and why changes must be made.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Make it so she hates coming to the ground and she will soon find a buyer , her time is up .[/quote]1. I imagine that they already hates coming.2. Why should her dislike of attending make a buyer appear?3. Why would she need to turn up at all?I suppose it all depends upon how easily you would give up several million pounds. Personally, I would put up with plenty of stick for that!