[quote user="JJ"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Glad to see only a minority of people here think its a good idea - mentions of ''factions'' is somewhat sinister and a throwback to the 80s...

Leeds did it a few years ago when Ipswich all-but relegated them on the penultimate weekend but the FA did nothing, for which they were roundly criticised.  Can''t see them letting another club get away with it, which would really be the final nail in our already well-nailed coffin.  It was also make bugger all difference to how Delia and co. see the fans because it will only ever be a minority on the pitch and that fact will get spun until other fans and the media forget it even existed...
[/quote]

In an ideal world, a peaceful pitch invasion would be satisfactory, but these days a pitch invasion is seen as akin to committing murder.  Most fans would be too scared to do it, because nowadays it carries the threat of a ban, arrest, police caution, etc, so at the end of the day, is it ultimately worth it?   Also, the club would get fined, the fans (not the board) would get lots of bad publicity, and it wouldn''t make the board leave.  That''s not to say I disagree with protest of some form.  Its just that this won''t be it.

And we did invade the pitch at Crewe in 2004 - but that seemed to have everyone''s blessing!  [:D]

[/quote]

If you remember we were told to keep off the pitch at the end of the game. Once the lap of honour had been completed we were told over the loudspeaker that we were allowed on the pitch so it was technically not a pitch invasion.

To go onto the pitch is an actual criminal offence which if you are found guilty gives you a criminal record. It just aint worth it.

[quote user="jbghost"]Problem with this sort of activity now is the number of CCTV''s in the ground. If the police felt like it they could spend the next 6 months going over the tapes and prosecuting evey pitch invader.[/quote]

which theyd probably waste their time and money doing whilst some chav knifes someone in the city center... they should worry about some real criminals.

jas :)

[quote user="jbghost"][quote user="JJ"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Glad to see only a minority of people here think its a good idea - mentions of ''factions'' is somewhat sinister and a throwback to the 80s...

Leeds did it a few years ago when Ipswich all-but relegated them on the penultimate weekend but the FA did nothing, for which they were roundly criticised.  Can''t see them letting another club get away with it, which would really be the final nail in our already well-nailed coffin.  It was also make bugger all difference to how Delia and co. see the fans because it will only ever be a minority on the pitch and that fact will get spun until other fans and the media forget it even existed...
[/quote]

In an ideal world, a peaceful pitch invasion would be satisfactory, but these days a pitch invasion is seen as akin to committing murder.  Most fans would be too scared to do it, because nowadays it carries the threat of a ban, arrest, police caution, etc, so at the end of the day, is it ultimately worth it?   Also, the club would get fined, the fans (not the board) would get lots of bad publicity, and it wouldn''t make the board leave.  That''s not to say I disagree with protest of some form.  Its just that this won''t be it.

And we did invade the pitch at Crewe in 2004 - but that seemed to have everyone''s blessing!  [:D]

[/quote]

If you remember we were told to keep off the pitch at the end of the game. Once the lap of honour had been completed we were told over the loudspeaker that we were allowed on the pitch so it was technically not a pitch invasion.

To go onto the pitch is an actual criminal offence which if you are found guilty gives you a criminal record. It just aint worth it.

[/quote]

All I remember is a few guys ran on at the final whistle and got thrown out.  I was getting ready to leave after the lap of honour when some Crewe fans charged over (I was in the front row) and despite expecting a thump, they started shaking people''s hands.  Everyone started running on, so I just joined in.   Don''t actually remember hearing the loudspeaker allowing us to do it.

As its the only time I''ve ever done it, I''m still going to call it a pitch invasion (but I''m not calling myself a criminal!)

Have you not remembered who we are playing on Tues?  I am sure their fans will be delighted if we all got on the pitch, they would come and join us I am sure!

A pitch invasion would be highly illegal and pointless - I hope if anyone is foolish enough to do so that they do get arrested and punished accordingly.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]A pitch invasion would be highly illegal and pointless - I hope if anyone is foolish enough to do so that they do get arrested and punished accordingly.[/quote]

yeah lets just sit tightly in our seats and clap the boys for their efforts.

[/quote]

Each to their own Lincoln. You neither have to clap the boys off or run onto the pitch and get a criminal record and 3 year banning order. Somewhere in the middle might be a better position to adopt, whatever your views.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="jbghost"]Problem with this sort of activity now is the number of CCTV''s in the ground. If the police felt like it they could spend the next 6 months going over the tapes and prosecuting evey pitch invader.[/quote]

which theyd probably waste their time and money doing whilst some chav knifes someone in the city center... they should worry about some real criminals.

[/quote]

Been done for D&D or something equally as childish, Jas? LOL!

[quote user="jbghost"][quote user="JJ"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The other problem is that times have changed since the "Chase era".  The current guidance from ACPO/Home Office to police forces on pitch invasions is not to prosecute (unless assault on police, actual bodily harm onwards) but simply to go for an ASBO plus banning order.

The other risk to the club is that as well as being fined for "failing to control their spectators" the football authorities can now also order a points deduction if they wish.

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Been done for D&D or something equally as childish, Jas? LOL!

[/quote]

nope.. never fallen foul of the long arm of the law in anyway in my life...