THIS WOULD BE GREAT AND THE MOST INTERESTING THING TO HAPPEN THIS YEAR AT CARROW ROAD!! (except beating wolves and the scum!)

how many would be up for it?? you would need at least 60-70 so the stewards cant do a thing...... if 10 go on it will be a single ticket top bethel street!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

60-70! we need the whole of the lower barclay to do it, every other club seems to do it and we must do the same! this club is a disgrace when our relegation is confirmed and every player with value is sold then we are not even going to be left with a team competitive for league one

[/quote]

well if you got the message round and catch the stewards out then you may have a good invasion like the old days!

[quote user="glove1"]

[quote user="hogesar"]I''m sorry, but have you seen our fans? It ain''t gonna happen ;][/quote]

there are a few factions i know who can be handy!!

[/quote]Well maybe. I''m not disagreeing with the idea, because it would certainly give the Board a bit of a shock, and they''d honestly know how disappointed people are with them. All i''m saying is, i cannot see it happening.

[quote user="glove1"]and like i said on another post - midweeks games have been ''police free'' so only stewards. less chance of being nicked tuesday night if you do go on![/quote]

if there is enough people and no idiots start damaging the stadium no one will be arrested, i mean no one ever gets arrested when teams invade the pitch to celebrate promotion do they?

if we could get 500-1000 chanting infront of the city stand that would be brilliant. It really needs to happen because i gurantee we will just turn in to a mid table mediocrity team in league one at best with this board.

Sounds fun but i will have to get a seat closer to the dugouts cos il get knackered running from the barclay!

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]Did you see the guy that ''invaded'' the pitch at QPR? That''s the sort of standard we''re looking at! (It was very funny though!) [:D]
[/quote]

He was arrested and charged I heard. Bit harsh, he just got carried away at an important game. 

It won''t happen.  Even during the height of the Chase protests, there was only one small pitch invasion at the end of the Villa game.  People are not willing to get nicked and receive long bans, which is fair enough.

Pitch invasion sounds cool, like when Iggy Pop encouraged the Glastonbury audience in 2007 to take over the stage. Best live gig I''ve seen on tv. This sounds a great idea! 

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]Did you see the guy that ''invaded'' the pitch at QPR? That''s the sort of standard we''re looking at! (It was very funny though!) [:D][/quote]

He was arrested and charged I heard. Bit harsh, he just got carried away at an important game. 

[/quote]Agreed! That is pretty harsh. It''s a pretty sad state of affairs when you can''t have a few sherbets, fall over an advertising board, fall over again and celebrate a vital goal with your team without getting arrested! [:D]Common sense has to prevail. A slap on the wrist would have sufficed for that!

Now this thread has tipped the club off you watch the stewarding at the front of the Barclay on Tues night towards the end of the game.[;)]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Now this thread has tipped the club off you watch the stewarding at the front of the Barclay on Tues night towards the end of the game.[;)][/quote]Haha yeah.And there''ll be about 2 stewards in the N & P. And that''ll be to stop some over excited 6 year olds, or 86 year olds.

Could always have a silent protest.

ie. from the minute the game starts, absolutely no chanting/singing/booing/cheering/etc regardless of what happens.

One minor problem is that Carrow Road has been so quiet recently that it may not be noticed, and that unless it is followed by 100% will have no impact.

Not sure if it was at Carrow or up here in Burnley, but a few seasons back pretty much half of the ground turned it''s back on the game at a designated time for a set number of minutes. It seemed to get the message through and it even got into the local press. They actually had to report a negative story about the club.

Flyers before the game in certain pubs should gather support.

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]

Not sure if it was at Carrow or up here in Burnley, but a few seasons back pretty much half of the ground turned it''s back on the game at a designated time for a set number of minutes. It seemed to get the message through and it even got into the local press. They actually had to report a negative story about the club.

Flyers before the game in certain pubs should gather support.

[/quote]

If you mean literally turned their back then it''s pretty hard to do sitting down lol

Glad to see only a minority of people here think its a good idea - mentions of ''factions'' is somewhat sinister and a throwback to the 80s...Leeds did it a few years ago when Ipswich all-but relegated them on the penultimate weekend but the FA did nothing, for which they were roundly criticised.  Can''t see them letting another club get away with it, which would really be the final nail in our already well-nailed coffin.  It was also make bugger all difference to how Delia and co. see the fans because it will only ever be a minority on the pitch and that fact will get spun until other fans and the media forget it even existed...

Incidentally, Lincoln Canary, I believe the Reading fans invaded the pitch in celebration of their promotion to the Premier League... is this where you got the idea, or weren''t you there for that one? [:P]

Problem with this sort of activity now is the number of CCTV''s in the ground. If the police felt like it they could spend the next 6 months going over the tapes and prosecuting evey pitch invader.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Glad to see only a minority of people here think its a good idea - mentions of ''factions'' is somewhat sinister and a throwback to the 80s...

Leeds did it a few years ago when Ipswich all-but relegated them on the penultimate weekend but the FA did nothing, for which they were roundly criticised.  Can''t see them letting another club get away with it, which would really be the final nail in our already well-nailed coffin.  It was also make bugger all difference to how Delia and co. see the fans because it will only ever be a minority on the pitch and that fact will get spun until other fans and the media forget it even existed...
[/quote]

In an ideal world, a peaceful pitch invasion would be satisfactory, but these days a pitch invasion is seen as akin to committing murder.  Most fans would be too scared to do it, because nowadays it carries the threat of a ban, arrest, police caution, etc, so at the end of the day, is it ultimately worth it?   Also, the club would get fined, the fans (not the board) would get lots of bad publicity, and it wouldn''t make the board leave.  That''s not to say I disagree with protest of some form.  Its just that this won''t be it.

And we did invade the pitch at Crewe in 2004 - but that seemed to have everyone''s blessing!  [:D]