Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Grounds returns to Middlesborough

Just when you thought things were at rock bottom, there goes our leading scorer and one of our better players.  Bertrand (out of form) or Drury at left back now then, I guess.Bertrand - Doc - Shackell - OtsemoborJust like last year except now there''s two loanees in the back four.  Shackell looks a better player since returning from Wolves (could it be their training routines are better?) but that''s not a back four to keep you in the Championship.

Has he really! Oh bugger, it feels like he has only just arrived. Although he has done mistakes which have led to just as many goals that he has scored. But I still wish he was here - who will replace him at the back?

[quote user="hiadamhoneywood"]Grounds really isn''t that good.
[/quote]

Maybe but I thought he had a good game yesterday and seemed to be the only one to keep his head up in the second half. Having said that I would be happy if I knew I didn`t have to play footy with the rest of those chumps again!!!

Although he had his ropey moments, I would still rather he was here than the current crop of full backs.  This season we''ve had:

Otsemobor - playing absolutely awful week in week out.

Omozusi - Not as bad as Otsemobor but not very effective either (had the odd good game at centre-back)

Bertrand - A shadow of the player last season.

Drury - Seems to be have been injured or out of form for about 5 years now.  Was always one of my favourites but I really wonder if he''ll ever be back to his best.

Leijer - Erm...is he a full back?  Is he still here?  What does he look like?

We''ve been poor all through the squad this season, but the full back issue has been one of the worst.

[quote user="hiadamhoneywood"]Grounds really isn''t that good.
[/quote]

He''s got us some goals though and certainly knows where the net is. 3 out of the last 8 goals have gone to Grounds which certainly isn''t bad for a full-back.

In fact, Grounds - a full-back on loan for a few months - has scored more goals for Norwich this season than our only recognised striker, a Mr J Lad

It''ll be a shame to see Grounds go back but it maybe a blessing in disguise if it forces Gunn to play Bertrand at left back and actually play an attacking winger down the left when YOU NEED TO WIN A BLOODY FOOTBALL MATCH !!

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Bertrand at full back I would hope, with ideally Lappin in front of him to keep the solidity.[/quote]

Keep the solidity !!!!!, are you Gunn in disguise???, I think it''s gone a bit beyond that now !, we''ve got two home games coming up now which are MUST wins. That means two out and out wingers and two strikers, if Gunn played Lappin on the left wing in a home match instead of either Hoolahan or Carney, then I think it might be time for me to stop watching this game.

With the ridicuous hype Lappin has been getting since he last played for us ,if he does ever pull on a Norwich shirt again I think we are all going to expect Maradona to take to the field by the way he''s been built up on these message boards.

Lappin is a very ordinary player, one of the few things Roeder got right.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Bertrand at full back I would hope, with ideally Lappin in front of him to keep the solidity.[/quote]

Keep the solidity !!!!!, are you Gunn in disguise???, I think it''s gone a bit beyond that now !, we''ve got two home games coming up now which are MUST wins. That means two out and out wingers and two strikers, if Gunn played Lappin on the left wing in a home match instead of either Hoolahan or Carney, then I think it might be time for me to stop watching this game.

With the ridicuous hype Lappin has been getting since he last played for us ,if he does ever pull on a Norwich shirt again I think we are all going to expect Maradona to take to the field by the way he''s been built up on these message boards.

Lappin is a very ordinary player, one of the few things Roeder got right.

[/quote]

I bet Maradona never scored a better free-kick than Lappin''s at Luton! [;)]