Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

what about chairman mumby??

No, watching him at every home match standing above the tunnel, applauding the players off, no matter how they play. What does that say to our so called players. What has he actually contributed since he''s been Chairman ??????

I imagine we use to. Would be seen as the "voice of the fans" type of individual at the best of times.Since things took a downfall i think he''s become much more of a "voice of the board" type. Truth is, the board, and the club know they deserve so much criticism that they have nothing they can say to the fans anymore, and the comments coming from Munby in their defence have become increasingly empty as this club slides into it''s eventual doom.I think because of that the fans no longer find him that much of a favourable character anymore. As he becomes a more 1 dimensional character in his responses in interviews, he''s also become rather boring, and irritating if truth be told, which in itself is very unfortunate...

[quote user="Buckethead"]Who?

Mumby....... Blimey we''d forgotten all about him.
[/quote]

And that''s just how he likes it.  Munby is a PR man who is much more responsible that you might think for the spin that comes out of Carrow Road.

He is the one who orchestrates the PR that gets you to go on buying the product, regardless of its quality.  He exploits all the weaknesses, insecurities and petty vanities that human beings are subject to, so that they are prepared to fork out £400 a year in the name of "loyalty" in order to feel good about themselves.  He''s not a monster though, just a typical PR man who does what PR people do. 

The bloke is a joke just like the rest of them - not an ounce of footballing knowledge and accumen amongst them.

Remember 3 seasons ago he spouted out the line "we are going to be cleverer than the rest" - well Mr Mumby you''ve been really clever haven''t you ?? - taking the football club to the brink of relegation to the 3rd tier of English football for the first time in 50 years, whilst building up a debt that can now only be paid off by selling off the last of our very view players of any worth...very clever indeed....

However you stated only last week that the only 2 main mistakes you feel you have made as a board are the appointments of Grant and Roeder. Well if those are the only mistakes you feel you have made then you must have your heads further up your own backsides than I originally thought.....my god even the CEOs of the banks even had to publically admit they got it wrong and say sorry (even though it was incredibly false and they still walked away with huge pay offs) .. yet you can''t even bring yourselves to admit you mucked up major time and its us the FANS that will still be here long after you have gone that are the ones suffering.

Cleverer my ar~e....Mumby is only surpassed in his incompetence by the supposed business brain of the whole show - Mr Neil Doncaster....Its quite interesting that in these relegation haunted times it is the salaried lackies that are being wheeled out to face the music whilst the other major shareholders who shaped the vision for NCFC of a lovely little community club with lovely restuarants, conference facilities, offices, hotels etc (christ they even wanted a chapel in the ground at one point !!) are very very quiet. Mind you who could blame them - they realise that their dreams for NCFC as the heart of the community is falling around their feet and its their fault....teking the dreams, passions, and hopes of the supporters with them!

[quote user="The Judge"]

The bloke is a joke just like the rest of them - not an ounce of footballing knowledge and accumen amongst them.

Remember 3 seasons ago he spouted out the line "we are going to be cleverer than the rest" - well Mr Mumby you''ve been really clever haven''t you ?? - taking the football club to the brink of relegation to the 3rd tier of English football for the first time in 50 years, whilst building up a debt that can now only be paid off by selling off the last of our very view players of any worth...very clever indeed....

However you stated only last week that the only 2 main mistakes you feel you have made as a board are the appointments of Grant and Roeder. Well if those are the only mistakes you feel you have made then you must have your heads further up your own backsides than I originally thought.....my god even the CEOs of the banks even had to publically admit they got it wrong and say sorry (even though it was incredibly false and they still walked away with huge pay offs) .. yet you can''t even bring yourselves to admit you mucked up major time and its us the FANS that will still be here long after you have gone that are the ones suffering.

Cleverer my ar~e....Mumby is only surpassed in his incompetence by the supposed business brain of the whole show - Mr Neil Doncaster....Its quite interesting that in these relegation haunted times it is the salaried lackies that are being wheeled out to face the music whilst the other major shareholders who shaped the vision for NCFC of a lovely little community club with lovely restuarants, conference facilities, offices, hotels etc (christ they even wanted a chapel in the ground at one point !!) are very very quiet. Mind you who could blame them - they realise that their dreams for NCFC as the heart of the community is falling around their feet and its their fault....teking the dreams, passions, and hopes of the supporters with them!

[/quote]

great post Judge, written from the heart too it seems... agreed 100%

jas :)

[quote user="blinded by the story"]I have a hunch that he will be involved in a buy out consortium along with Foulger that takes control from Delia. God help us.[/quote]

are you "in the know"?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="blinded by the story"]I have a hunch that he will be involved in a buy out consortium along with Foulger that takes control from Delia. God help us.[/quote]

are you "in the know"?

[/quote]

No, just a careful observer.

[quote user="The Judge"]

[/quote]nail head..absolutly spot on[Y]

[quote user="The Judge"]

[/quote]

Oh come on! Roger Munby has been involved with football most of his working life and until very recently ran a company that has provided footballing information to some of the biggest Clubs in British Football including Chelsea and  Arsenal. It is his input that has led to the amazing and continuing sale of season tickets at NCFC and to the advertising income from top sponsors such as Ariva, Colemans and Flybe. When it comes to football marketing there are no flies on Roger Munby and the club is very fortunate to have his services for £25,000 a year. Munby rarely misses a match and  pays his own expenses to attend all the games both home and away. Not only is he happy to entertain the visiting executives to Carrow Road he is almost always available to talk to the fans outside the Ground on match days and take the flak at organised forums. As Chairman of the Club he visits and talks with the players on match days and provides a conduit to the majority shareholders.

On a personal note I see absolutely no reason to abuse Roger Munby for suggesting there should be a chapel at Carrow Road. For those of us who want to remember our family members and friends who have enjoyed the club, good times and bad, and have passed away I think it is an excellent idea.