Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Plymouth - 5 loans in starting 11

thats it really, Plymouth started with 5 loans yesterday and look where they are, moving up the table. It does work.Apart from Bertrand and Lita have any of our loans been worthwhile and money well spent?

Even the quality of our loan signings has deteriorated in parallel with the squad. We''ve gone from Huckerby, Crouch, Bently via the likes of Ched and Taylor to a bunch of blokes whose names I can''t even bother trying to remember because they''re crap and will probably not even play for us.From this seasons loanees I can only cite Lita and Grounds as being worthwhile and money well spent, Lupoli was a good striker but hardly money well spent as petty politics kept him out the squad in favour of one of the most useless strikers ever to pull on the shirt.

If you get a few quality loans in, as some clubs have done, then that''s not a problem.  Trouble is, Norwich has become a revolving door and the players coming and going are simply not good enough.  We''re effectively a training ground for other clubs.

I honestly wouldn''t recognise the bulk of players we''ve signed this season if they turned up on my doorstep.

Forest - a relegation rival - have just signed McSheffery from Brum & Osbourne from Villa. Now both of them are definitely better than our current lot (excluding the Doc!) LMAO.

And yet we have been fed, interminably, just how good various people''s "little back books" are!

Roeder was meant to be in with anyone and everyone, we all waited for his friendship with Wenger to benefit us. So we got Kieran Gibbs and played him on and off, since we went back, Wenger has played him as a left back, am sure I am not the only Norwich fan who thought he came here as a flying left winger!

Gunny-well, hardly a paragraph seems to be written about Gunny without his ''relationship'' with Sir Alex Ferguson coming into it! The cream of the Man Utd youth would be coming here, and yet, and yet...well, Fabian Brandy went to Hereford!

This is despite the fact that Gunny was Fergie''s reserve goalie over twenty years ago! I don''t think Sir Fergs actually does have a special place in his heart for Gunny, despite what we are told! So he baby sitted for him-whoopie-bloody do-dah!

If we are going to HAVE to have loan signings in Div 1 next season, then lets have no more than two, and make them quality ones, not reserves from clubs in the same league as us FFS.

Still, maybe MK Dons will do us a favour next season and let us have one of their youngsters to gain some experience in a lower division!

In about November, I  told you geezers that West Ham would be loaning out between 6 - 10 fringe players in the transfer window. I also said that the club would be loaning out good young talent, from our famous academy. If you''d picked up experienced players like Lee Bowyer and  Nigel Quashie , who knows?

At the time you basically said that Norwich was too big a club to take on other people''s fringe players and that it was a cheek for suggesting it. What a difference 3 months make eh?

Cheers,

Andy.

[quote user="Buckethead"]Even the quality of our loan signings has deteriorated in parallel with the squad. We''ve gone from Huckerby, Crouch, Bently via the likes of Ched and Taylor to a bunch of blokes whose names I can''t even bother trying to remember because they''re crap and will probably not even play for us.
From this seasons loanees I can only cite Lita and Grounds as being worthwhile and money well spent, Lupoli was a good striker but hardly money well spent as petty politics kept him out the squad in favour of one of the most useless strikers ever to pull on the shirt.
[/quote]That''s just it Buckethead, these players were not coming back from long term injuries, that has been our problem, we have had to get these fit first before they could play, well most of them anyway.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]And yet we have been fed, interminably, just how good various people''s "little back books" are! Roeder was meant to be in with anyone and everyone, we all waited for his friendship with Wenger to benefit us. So we got Kieran Gibbs and played him on and off, since we went back, Wenger has played him as a left back, am sure I am not the only Norwich fan who thought he came here as a flying left winger! Gunny-well, hardly a paragraph seems to be written about Gunny without his ''relationship'' with Sir Alex Ferguson coming into it! The cream of the Man Utd youth would be coming here, and yet, and yet...well, Fabian Brandy went to Hereford! This is despite the fact that Gunny was Fergie''s reserve goalie over twenty years ago! I don''t think Sir Fergs actually does have a special place in his heart for Gunny, despite what we are told! So he baby sitted for him-whoopie-bloody do-dah! If we are going to HAVE to have loan signings in Div 1 next season, then lets have no more than two, and make them quality ones, not reserves from clubs in the same league as us FFS. Still, maybe MK Dons will do us a favour next season and let us have one of their youngsters to gain some experience in a lower division![/quote]

Worse than that.  We played him in centre-midfield as well!  Played again at LB for Arsenal yesterday.

The ''little black book'' has been done to death in the last few years (even Worthington was harping on a couple of years ago about getting Arsenal kids in - he never did).  I can remember also last season, the media trumpeting John Hartson as Gunny''s big coup.  That went quiet very quickly...

Anybody remember our ''special relationship'' with Parma too?

The differences are that

1. We play our loanees, their gaining vital experience on being here from their parent clubs and will either improve as a player and break into their parent clubs or put themselves in the market in our league.

You on the other hand loan about 15 players at once, play 3-4, play 3-4 occasionally, don''t play 3-4 at all