Sign in to follow this  
Muddy funster

Blackpool Saturday

I had the incredible misfortune to be there at Blackpool on Saturday and can hold my disappointment in no longer.

Yes the stand was awful, yes the ground was awful, yes the wind was damn cold and the first half rain was bad.  Yes it was Mrs Muddy''s first NCFC match ever (and now probably last!), but what I wasn''t prepered for was the sheer lack of balls we showed as a side.  I was going to give the players ratings, but I just don''t see the point.  They were awful.  Shacks was probably our best player.  Croft spent too much time defending (because he had to) but Mrs Muddy thought he was our best player.  Hoolahan just looked totally out of sorts.  Clingan had is worst game for Norwich yet with far too many misplaced passes.  Russell (who i''m a fan of) was just off the pace of the game.

Overall we looked shapeless and there were so many gaps left for a poor Blackpool side, it was embarrassing!  Carl Cort was good in the first half and useless in the second, and he continued to be our only outlet.  We showed no steel at all and I can honestly say that in over 30 years as a Norwich fan, I can''t remember a worse performance.  D J Campbell was their best performer and always managed to hold the ball up for the midfield to join in.  We couldn''t do it with a striker 1 foot taller than him.  Very very depressing.

I see know ray of sunshine from the performance at all - we just need some guts.  It seems the players think we''re down already.

Gutted.

Muddy

I agree. We can make as many excuses as we like but at the end of the day we lost 2-0 to a side that lacks any real quality, what does that say about us? I thought the midfield was especially awful on saturday we really lack pace and when croft went off it was even more evident. The concern for me was the second half: we didn''t play well in the first half and were pretty lucky to go in at 0-0. Why the hell did we not then come out fired up for the second half as if our status in the division depended on? Instead it was like they all had a little nap during the break and forgot to wake up for the second half.

OTBC

I to was there on Saturday and agree completely with what you both said. Considering our survival hangs in the balance the second half was unforgiveable, not just for the lack of quality, but for the lack of passion and comittment. The first half was poor, the second half was off the scale. Russell and Clingan seemed almost disinterested and Hoolahan...well ive never liked him at all since he just loses possession all the time. Cant see us staying up and if we continue to perform like that league one is an absolute certainty.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]This was both your first and last ever City match? Are you actually a fan of the club? [:S][/quote]

I think you''ll find it was Mrs Muddy''s first game............

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]This was both your first and last ever City match? Are you actually a fan of the club? [:S][/quote]

I think you''ll find it was Mrs Muddy''s first game............

[/quote]

That''ll learn me for skim-reading! [:$]

Believe me, you wouldn''t even have questioned it if you were there.  By the way - big up the NCFC fans dressed in inflatable Donkeys and their impromptu Donkey Derby at half time.  More excitement than on the pitch!

I was there too and it really was a truly uninspiring and gutless performance.  However, should we really be suprised at such a spineless showing considering that our captain and the LEADER of our team has been excused from playing because he had a note from his mum?