Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

There''s not an awful lot that stands out this week so I''m going to go forWolfsburg vs Karlsruhe - HOME WINWolfsburg are unbeaten at home all season with 27 goals in 10 games and are currently fourth. Karlsruhe are second from bottom and have lost 9 out of  11 away games conceding 23 goals and scoring only 8.Good luck Jim [Y]

Hmm. Looks a tricky week, and I need to get back on track after backing the Gooners last week. So, it''s off up north this week. I''m hoping that St Mirren will still be on the ropes after their thumping at Hampden last week. So......

St Mirren vs Celtic - away win

Good luck everyone!

I''ve come to the same conclusion as Shack this week. Since the Germans had their winter break Wolfsburg have been in top form having taken 13 points from 15 and scored 10 goals to 3 conceded. Meanwhile Karlsruher have struggled only taking 4 points from 15. So for me it''s : -

Wolfsburg    Karlsruher         Home Win     

Good Luck Gentleman "Gorleston" Jim [Y]

I am getting there, have picked three for sure so far, a few more PUPs yet to give their picks. Will make final choice at 7o''clock tonight.

O.K. then here goes :-

First of all I haven''t selected any away wins, this means that the most tipped match Coventry v Chelsea has been left out for two reasons (apart from the fact it is an away game),one it''s a cup match and two Chelsea do tend to just scrape through and may need a replay to get passed Coventry.

Anyway my own nap is Wolfsburg , looks nailed on to me and Nutty & Shack agree with me I''m relieved to see.

I had never even looked at the Croatian League before Trent pointed me in the direction of  the Hajduk Split fixture, it took me about twenty minutes to find any info on them, I don''t know where he finds these games and I''m glad he does cos this one looks pretty good too.

Berkshire and Graham Humphrey go for a Mansfield home win and I can see why against such  poor opposition  they entertain this week.

Darlington at home looks a good thing and I have agreed with Wazzock on this one as it is surprisingly good value at about evens

Bournemouth have struggled well to hoist themselves above the relegation line despite their 15 point penalty and I think they won''t slip up at this point of the season and they too look good value, cheers The Great Drinks, (boy could we do with him now)

I had a choice of three matches that I had narrowed down for the final selection, they were all "hmmm maybe. . " but just as I was going to write this up popped Inchy with one of them and so decide me on Partick to win at home, good timing mate !

More -> -> ->

Wolfsburg v Karlsruhe

Hadjuk Split v Croatia Sesvette

Mansfield v Lewes

Darlington v Macclesfield

Bournemouth v Port Vale

Partick v Clyde

There you go Nutty, I had to do it like this to "coincide" with my 2000th post.

Good luck to us and thanks to all who took the time to offer their picks.

OTBC

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

Wolfsburg v Karlsruhe

Hadjuk Split v Croatia Sesvette

Mansfield v Lewes

Darlington v Macclesfield

Bournemouth v Port Vale

Partick v Clyde

There you go Nutty, I had to do it like this to "coincide" with my 2000th post.

Good luck to us and thanks to all who took the time to offer their picks.

OTBC

[/quote]nice one gj - hope you stop the rot with these red hot numbers - and congrats on 2000 posts...

Excellent picks Jim but I seriously expected nothing less. And congratulations on your 2000th post. I will ring these through to Billy in the morning and I''m sure he will recognise what an outstanding chance we have this week.

I love the popularity of the free bet now and I know Ray was so proud that so many pickers had boarded his "free bet train". But we both always looked on you as an "ever present" on the free bet because you had been with us from the start and you always helped look after the thread ensuring there was no silliness or distractions from the agenda of raising funds for the academy. So on a personal note I would like to wish you all the best, particularly on this weekend and I honestly believe that we will be celebrating another free bet victory when the results of these games are known.

Nutty can I on behalf of the board(pink un) thank you for continuing this free bet in Ardees memory, I unfortunately never knew the man but loved his post (like so many).

Wouldn''t it be fitting if the Academy boys progressed in the FA youth cup this year of all years and with this in mind can only wish the young lads well in Manchester tomorrow.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Nutty can I on behalf of the board(pink un) thank you for continuing this free bet in Ardees memory, I unfortunately never knew the man but loved his post (like so many).

Wouldn''t it be fitting if the Academy boys progressed in the FA youth cup this year of all years and with this in mind can only wish the young lads well in Manchester tomorrow.

[/quote]i must agree, i never knew arrdee, but i loved this idea and without NN i wouldnt havr the opportunity to get involved with it.so thank you very much nutty. and of course thank you Arrdee.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[/quote]

That''s a great point Great Drinkell[:)] It would be amazing if our boys and the free bet could both overcome the odds tomorrow.

I miss Ray more than I can tell you. He would have phoned me at least twice today about the free bet. In fact we talked most days about it and other football things. He would certainly have called me about you and he would have said something like... "Now Eddie.. what are we going to do about The Great Drinkell?? .. always looking for value when we need winners" But he would have been joking so please don''t take it the wrong way. But that''s why it''s easy for me to carry it on - because we spent so much time together doing it I know how he would have done things. When I went to see Billy Dixon after Ray died he said "Of course we have to carry it on, we owe it to Ray" and that''s how we all feel on here. So Ray''s spirit lives on with us each week on this thread. And we really are like his free bet family.

Bit late this week but I will go for

BIRMINGHAM to beat Southampton.

Good luck with those picks Jim they look pretty good.

A cracking set of selections there Jim so good luck. It was a funny sort of week for me and I wasn''t sure I was going to make it so I''m glad I helped tip the balance for you.[:D]

Some nice thoughts from Drinkell, a cup win would be fitting[Y] so good luck to the young un''s.

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Gentleman Jim and Billy Dixon we have...

2/5

Wolfsburg

Jim, Shack, Nutty

1/4

Hadjuk Split

Trent

3/10

Mansfield

Berks, Graham

10/11

Darlington

Wazzy

10/11

Bournemouth

Drinks

7/10

Partick

DDoris, Inchy

Which will win for the Academy £130.96p. As always I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and the return would only be £96.86 which just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. Don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of us. So if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring!

So now it’s “game on” and we don‘t start until Wolfsburg at 2:30 today. Bournemouth, Darlington, Mansfield and Partick all get under way at 3pm and if we make the teleprinter unscathed the excitement will spill over to tomorrow afternoon at 2:30 for the game in Croatia.

Good luck one and all [:)]

Sorry I''m late but my pick would have been Arsenal to beat Burnley.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Sorry for the late pick, on holiday in the USA!

Rangers to beat Hamilton for me.
[/quote]

make this x2 please!

sorry this is late. Been involved with a big media project!