Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs[Y] Here I am again opening up week 31 of the free bet season. This week it’s our good friend and firm favourite Gentleman Jim in charge and making the final selections. Jim is a real hero on our free bet threads, he always manages to get his selections in even from the Canary Islands and has been one of the most consistent pickers since we started out two years ago. In fact Gentleman Jim often goes on amazing winning runs and has always been in top positions in our league. I for one am so glad Jim is selecting this weekend, as I know was Ray.

I’m sorry I didn’t get round to putting up the stats last week but it just wasn’t possible for me to do it. Inchy and Trent both had winning selections so there was no change at the top. Lapp and Shack shared PUP of the month, the only two pickers with a 100% record in February.

So good luck Jim - as Ray would have said - we all hope you enjoy your week in charge. I can’t think of anyone who would be more deserving of a place on the line of fame.

I leave you as always with Ray’s signature …….

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,2,Fellas,2,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, yes Norfolkchance1 £400 for the Academy,so far.

Take it away Jim, the free bet is yours.... [:)] ...........

Cheers Nutty,

The ever thoughtful Ray allocated me this date just before he died, it has a significance that we both had feelings for and I am sure if he is watching down on us he will be insisting on our success.

Additionally my picks could coincide with my two thousandth post so the omens are good, come on PUPs give us your best !

League One for me this week - a top v bottom game and I only see one outcome.

Leicester City v Cheltenham - HOME WIN.

Having looked over Europe, it is a real tough week. I was considering Arsenal but with their form of late I decided against it. Instead I''m going with Chelsea to win away at Coventry.

Coventry V Chelsea - Away win.

I''m off to Scots Div 2 and a home win for Ayr v. Stranraer.

Ayr are W8 D4 L0 F26 A13 at home and Stranraer are W1 D3 L8 F14 A27 away.

Ayr beat Stranraer 3-2 at home earlier this season!

Good Luck, Jim!

Leicester vs Cheltenham - Leicester win all over it!

Leicester will win by a country mile scoreline of 1-0. But they''ll still win. Mmmm, this wine''s nice. Are these my feet?.....

Lower leagues for me this week (Crickey how much longer will we be able to say that?) in to League 2 after finally catching the third from bottom club in mid week I can''t see Bournemouth letting the opportunity slip. In real terms this would be a home banker but because of the deduction of points it looks dodgy.

Bournemouth v Port Vale  Home Win

Good luck with your selections Jim at what is traditionally a difficult time of the season. 

It looks like Leicester to beat Cheltenham for me, although I''m a little worried about Martin Allen coming back to haunt Leicester- but they put their team up for sale and are in a rubbish league position so must be a good chance.

Good luck Jim and to all pickers make this the week!

Sorry if it seems unimaginative but for me its also

Leicester v Cheltenham - Home Win.

Its got home banker written all over it (although I''ve had my fingers burned on a banker more than once this year!!)

Good Luck Jim and all PUPs

This week I am going to carry on picking on Blue Square basement side Lewes who travel to Mansfield. Lewes are now 12 games without a win having lost 3-0 last weekend to Histon and I get the feeling it is soon to become unlucky 13. Mansfield have a decent home record of W9 D3 L4 whilst Lewes''s away form reads W1 D4 L11, it is also worth noting that they have only scored 10 goals on the road this season.

Mansfield v Lewes - HOME WIN

Good luck Jim.

I believe that Pete is still on his travels so his instructions before he left were to nap any team playing Plymouth. So Sports Desk Pete''s selection this week is :-

Plymouth   V   Reading   Away Win.

Into the murky waters that is League Two this week. Shrewsbury, just outside the play-offs, at home to Notts County in mid-table. Shrewsbury, who have the best home record in the division 13 2 3 36 12 against County who have only three away wins this season 3 7 7 20 30 makes this look fairly safe to me. So......

Shrewsbury v Notts County........Home win. 

Good luck Jim. [Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I believe that Pete is still on his travels so his instructions before he left were to nap any team playing Plymouth. So Sports Desk Pete''s selection this week is :-

Plymouth   V   Reading   Away Win.

[/quote]pete is getting some fairly good picks not being here!

I think Barcelona is going to get back to their winning ways with a thumping at home of Athletic Bilbao.  Barcalona HOME WIN. Good luck Jim.

MK Dons (10-3-3 away this season, 3-1-2-12-9 in last 6) to beat Swindon (5-5-7 at home this season, 1-3-2-6-8 in last 6)  - Away win.

A trip to Croatia for the first time this weekend as league leaders, Hajduk Split defend their unbeaten home record against lowly Croatia Sesvete.Best I could come up with on a very tough week. Best of Luck GJ...

Hi Gentleman Jim,

Its your week this week I can feel it.

Neath v THE NEW SAINTS - AWAY WIN is this weeks Nap from the Principality Welsh Premier league

Leeds Canary (Young Gun)