Sign in to follow this  
WiMMiT

Over the next 2 seasons...

I make no presumptions that we are down until it is mathematically so, however, my head tells me that this is now likely.

What is crucially important however, is that, Bryan Gunn, and his fellow former teammates, are given an extended run at trying to rebuild a team - whether that be in the championship or league 1.  By extended run I mean...(snare roll)   A FULL SEASON!  Now, it wasn''t so long ago that ''an extended run'' would qualify as several seasons, however, in this era of quick fix success (which is fundamentally b*ll**cks) this has shortened somewhat.

If you are thinking of protesting, by all means do so - you pay your money, do what you like.   On two provisos:

1) Wait until the end of the season.  Protesting / booing / negativity will very simply be counter-productive.  It really doesn''t take a rocket scientist to work it out.

2) Omit the ''Dream Team'' (Gunn, Butters, Crook) from the flames of your wrath.  It certainly isn''t their fault and they deserve our support 100% for next season.

P.S - I''m not overlooking the fact we really do suck at the moment. 

Well said. The current managerial team should be given next season at least to see what they are capable of. If it doesn''t go very well next season, then it might be time for a change, yet again. Hopefully they won''t have taken us to the brink of League Two by May next year!

Rubbish they should go and the sooner the better , a huge boost to any slim chance we had of stayng up would be if Gunn had done the decent thing and stood down today .

Hopefully they won''t have taken us to the brink of League Two by May next year!

Yes, but what if they have? I''m sorry but I wouldn''t have any confidence in this management setup if we go down.

If reports are to be believed, Gunn and the team have only signed until the end of the season. From the 8 games or whatever they''ve had so far, they''ve done nothing to suggest they''ll be any good for the next campaign. Releasing Lupoli, buying in a load of loans and then refusing to play them, same old defensive weaknesses and missed sitters etc.

In my humble opinion, just let them go at the end of the season and get someone in new to have the entire close season to assess the squad, look at out-of-contract players, wheel and deal and so on. We need continuity badly right now - as long as it''s good continuity

[quote user="WiMMiT"]

I make no presumptions that we are down until it is mathematically so, however, my head tells me that this is now likely.

What is crucially important however, is that, Bryan Gunn, and his fellow former teammates, are given an extended run at trying to rebuild a team - whether that be in the championship or league 1.  By extended run I mean...(snare roll)   A FULL SEASON!  Now, it wasn''t so long ago that ''an extended run'' would qualify as several seasons, however, in this era of quick fix success (which is fundamentally b*ll**cks) this has shortened somewhat.

If you are thinking of protesting, by all means do so - you pay your money, do what you like.   On two provisos:

1) Wait until the end of the season.  Protesting / booing / negativity will very simply be counter-productive.  It really doesn''t take a rocket scientist to work it out.

2) Omit the ''Dream Team'' (Gunn, Butters, Crook) from the flames of your wrath.  It certainly isn''t their fault and they deserve our support 100% for next season.

P.S - I''m not overlooking the fact we really do suck at the moment. 

[/quote]

Rubbish!

I have nothing what so ever to suggest that this current managerial team will ever be any good.

If we are to get out of league 1 quickly (assuming that we go down) we cannot afford to p+ss about with amateur managers, if you hadnt noticed that is the reason we are in this mess.

No, if we go down Gunn and co should be let go and we should go all out of someone with some pedigree such as Tilson who knows League 1 very well. He was saying come and get me after we sacked Worthy and Grant but our stupid board didnt bother to get him

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]Well said. The current managerial team should be given next season at least to see what they are capable of. If it doesn''t go very well next season, then it might be time for a change, yet again. Hopefully they won''t have taken us to the brink of League Two by May next year![/quote]

Dont be so stupid.