Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

You have to search around if you want quality, be patient.

I sense that several posters are beginning to panic a bit because we haven''t snapped up some of the recent players on offer. If we are honest then we have not really missed out on outstanding players, more those players who are deemed not good enough for their current clubs, or over the hill. It is so easy to go for just about every player that becomes available ( West Brom) but if you want quality then it takes a bit longer.

Worthy has already acquired 3 good players and I am sure another 2 or 3 equally good players will arrive well in time before the season starts. He has now cleared the decks of all the ''surplus to requirement players'' and freed up their wages. We had to be patient last year and look what happened, now we have to be patient again. People with lots of money fritter it away and those with less make sure they get value for money.

Don''t be surprised if a couple of Malaysian players come back for a trial.

Silver Fox you have obviously got wiser with age (I presume thats what the silver refers to). You are spot on and I agree entirely. Keep the faith!

at last someone who speaks sense! what you say silver fox is bang on - clearing the dross out is a must, but there are those who will be worried about the size of the squad now - have faith - i donĀ“t think the management were likely to let them go without knowing they could be replaced do you? the next few weeks will see new faces arriving, but new faces who fit into the club/work ethic that will be so important to us next year. chill guys, and as someone posted earlier - enjoy it. some of you are already becoming bitter and twisted prem fans and that aint good!