Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Lets Talk about money

There is one thing that has truly been puzzling me over this season how the numbers stack up and why we cannot compete in this league.

We are one of the best supported teams in this league probably with gates of nearly double of many of the teams above us.

We have one of the smallest squads we have ever had

We have no star players worthy of silly wages

With the exception of Lita none of the loan players appear to be worth paying decent salaries (ie nobody who would have a chance of making it at a higher level at the moment slumming it with us a la Crouch and Huckerby)

Although we are told our wage is an unsustainable 10M+

Other teams seem to have much better squads than us and report wage bills several million less

Have we just been players double what they are worth ?

I think the board and especially Doomcaster are completely responsible for the mess we are in

Roeder was an accident waiting to happen, I went to Coventry first game of the season and saw some decent football but no end product. Thats how we got here , if you dont score goals you dont win games and we had nobody to score goals.

If money was that tight we could have filled the team with journeymen and kids and bought a decent strikeforce we would not be where we are now.

Its bad enough to consider that we have brought in crap players without having to understand we have paid for very good ones.

Think there is definitely something strange about how our money has disappeared.

Signing out of contract players and paying them high wages and big agents fees as there is no transfer involved is partly to blame but like you I cannot see how this alone can account for the huge deficit claimed by the board.

What about the parachute payments and the transfer fees we received? 

Isn''t it this year the board have got to start paying back the bank loans taken out to finance their "off the pitch" dream world.....oh sorry.....their none FOOTBALL enterprises?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

I think it would be interesting if competent memners of the supporters[ there will be many with business experience] were allowed to go through the books i think there would be some toxic debts,nasty surprises and some dubious payments discovered

Delia''s dinner parties cost quite a bit to host you know! Thats the only reason she''s here! She''s brought this club to it''s knee''s, and she should walk away with nothing and take Doomcaster with her!