Sign in to follow this  
Mr Magoo

Why does Chase get such a bad time?

[quote user="Buckethead"]

The club pulled out of a £6m deal in 2003 only to sell it to the same company (effectively) one year later for the sum of £6m of which £800,000 was paid by the club in respect of planning obligations.
TBH. They nearly even screwed that deal up as land and property prices were spiralling across the country we managed to achieve a whopping £18,000 per freehold plot for the Taylor Woodrow development. Somebody was laughing all the way to the proverbial bank and it wasn''t anyone at this club at that price.

[/quote]

Its worse than that, the club paid £2m. for the utilities work.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Walker left because he had a better offer from Everton. His statements about Chase and money were ....errr just say he had a thumping big win bonus.

O''neil''s argument was Windass bound up and was related to the lack of free  money to buy him. Toys out of pram gone.

Luck does play a big part but all good for Chase all bad for Delia no can''t go along with that. Shrewd maybe, Oh and Chase was not that bad a MASTER. Players and staff were very well paid ON PERFORMANCE. That''s what this lot could do with.

On a personal note he was a pain in the butt to do business with but he did keep it local. Unlike this lot!!

[/quote]

A Norfolk man who paid on performance?

Wow! We can''t be having that again can we now!!!!!!!

Dear oh dear oh dear. Oh dear.

[:''(]

OTBC 

I would also like to point out that we didn''t have sides deep in qaulity when Chase was around - they were pretty thin even then but our youth system provided some useful players as back up. Infact I think we used very few players the season we were in Europe even.I just think its not right to compare the two - and its defenitely not right to ignore the fact that Chase started this all rolling himself - in respects to that you can blame the current board for not taking the bull by the horns when the oppertunities arose to get this club into a better position.If we were to go bust - or to end up where we are now I would have muched rather they broke the bank trying to stay in the prem. At least then they couldnt be blamed for trying and the chances of picking up a more substancial investor more likely.The problem with that is that it is suicidal and knowing the financial situation as it stands now there are not too many people not being effected by the slump. Even Abramovic is beginning to feel the pinch.Like I said before - what really gets me is the attitude. Chase never respected the fans in the way tha Delia has, and has never apologised for the mess that he left us in - they already apologise for the mess we are in and that is before they have left. I also think that unless some miracle happens they will indeed leave because their position with the fans is becoming quite untenable.  However I am convinced that the board will not change drastically from what it is now, much like how it didn''t change that drastically over the years from Chase to Delia.God knows what will happen to us now - I really do fear for our future because it seems, from the figures the club produces, that at the moment the club can only afford half the current wage bill.

Chase never respected the fans in the way tha Delia has,

Smith respect the fans? Don''t make me laugh.

I know for a fact that the supporters have never been seen as anything other than a necessary evil to her. We are impressionable "oiks" and if she could run her little train set without us she would.

For Christs'' sake get a grip and grow up. The woman would boil her cat if it would sell a few books for her.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

Chase never respected the fans in the way tha Delia has,

Smith respect the fans? Don''t make me laugh.

I know for a fact that the supporters have never been seen as anything other than a necessary evil to her. We are impressionable "oiks" and if she could run her little train set without us she would.

For Christs'' sake get a grip and grow up. The woman would boil her cat if it would sell a few books for her.

[/quote]I believe you use the good lords name out of context. As for boiled cat - I believe in some parts of the world it is deemed to be a delecasy and to be honest if it sells some books then good on her. To be honest I don''t really care about what she does on TV or in her books because I support Norwich City and however she comes by money doesn''t bother me, what bothers me is how well run our club is or should I say isn''t?What narks me off "Cluck" is that you constantly berate others on here and I very much doubt you have ever been bothered to voice an opinion or put together a reasoned argument. People in this thread are trying to make reasoned arguments about who is better and who messed up more. What I am trying to say is who cares?Does it matter if the current board were worse than that ten or more years ago? Does it matter that the football we watched back then was better? At the end of the day to me it doesn''t. I don''t care because tomorrow is more important. No matter what happens at the end of the season I want to see a change now, I want evidence that someone is out there that can come in and get this club into a position where it reflects the loyalty and commitment of our supporters - that first and foremost has to be Championship football, and preferably top half of the table / challenging for the play-offs Championship football.It is far harder to climb out of a hole once you have fallen in it - the problem for us was that Chase dug it. No matter how many ways you want to spin it - this club for a very long time has not invested in football enough, it hasn''t invested time and confidence into it''s youth accadamy where other clubs have such as Crewe and shown that it can give you good players. It hasn''t invested responsibly in the playing squad properly and it hasn''t incuraged confidence from the supporters for a good three seasons now.Chase is not the answer - he may as well be prehistoric history right now but never did and never will provide any answers for us going forward. And thats what we need, answers and direction.People like Cluck and Smudge are more concerned with blame - I am more concerned with change because change is what we need no matter what level of blame you want to burden people with. Change can be good and change can be bad but if you concentrate on the wrong things change can happen when you are not looking and you can be stuck with results you didn''t want.So I implore people to start getting together - go to the NCISA meetings, help discuss fears and worries and then take them to the club. Change is going to happen whether we like it or not but it is our job as supporters to make it a possitive change and one we agree with and maybe even invest in emotionally and possible even financially (if you are season ticket holder, regular match attender).