Sign in to follow this  
the duke of norfolk

Get Age Hariade in for next season and Scandinavian work ethic?

Just been thinking. If as seems likely we get relegated it might be a good idea to recruit Age Hariade as the manager for next season.

Forget about Gunn and Crook etc, they are all either amateurs or never has beens with regards to management. Take off the green and yellow specatacles and realise that the one thing we need to do for next season above all is recruit a manager with some pedigree.

Now Hariade has expressed his interest in the post. We are very likely going to have to rebuild our squad yet again. I know sod all about League one football but i would guess that there isnt as much pretty football played in this league and that you have to be a bit Watford, Sheffield Utd, or Norwich City under Worthington to be successful in this league.

Why not get Hariade in? He does have pedigree of winning things from the Scandinavian leagues and i bet he has intensive contacts in the area so he could recruit some good scandinavian players for us. Now Scandinavian players are not known for their technical abilities but they almost always are hardworking, honest, no thrills team players who give their all. They would probably have the grit and determination to do well in League 1.

After watching players who dont really seem to give a toss for so long now i would give anything to see a Matt Svensson, Tommy H, or most of all a totally committed Mattias Jonson playing in the green and yellow again.

What do you reckon Age Hariade worth a shot for our next manager if we go down?

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"]

Just been thinking. If as seems likely we get relegated it might be a good idea to recruit Age Hariade as the manager for next season.

Forget about Gunn and Crook etc, they are all either amateurs or never has beens with regards to management. Take off the green and yellow specatacles and realise that the one thing we need to do for next season above all is recruit a manager with some pedigree.

Now Hariade has expressed his interest in the post. We are very likely going to have to rebuild our squad yet again. I know sod all about League one football but i would guess that there isnt as much pretty football played in this league and that you have to be a bit Watford, Sheffield Utd, or Norwich City under Worthington to be successful in this league.

Why not get Hariade in? He does have pedigree of winning things from the Scandinavian leagues and i bet he has intensive contacts in the area so he could recruit some good scandinavian players for us. Now Scandinavian players are not known for their technical abilities but they almost always are hardworking, honest, no thrills team players who give their all. They would probably have the grit and determination to do well in League 1.

After watching players who dont really seem to give a toss for so long now i would give anything to see a Matt Svensson, Tommy H, or most of all a totally committed Mattias Jonson playing in the green and yellow again.

[/quote]Mattias Jonson was on of the worst players to ever play for the club. Id rather see Carl Robinson back in the yellow and green.

The thing about Jonson was that Worthington was obviously under the illusion that he was a pure right-winger, because that''s where he kept playing him. For Sweden, he was normally either a second striker playing off a centre-forward, or a third striker in a 4-3-3, and even sometime a centre-midfielder, but not often an out-and-out winger.

You are so wrong. To compare him to Robinson just shows that you paid little attention to his game and just casually labelled him crap because he didnt skin people like Hux does.

As Purple Canary states Worthy nearly always played him as a right winger which he isn''t.

If you watched Jonsons game you would have noticed that he was very strong in the air, had good vision, passing and crossing abilities, that he could tackle well ( i believe we played him at right back and he did well there) and that he was a very committed and hardworking player.

To compare him to Carl Robinson is a bit of a slur.

I think Johnson should have been kept- I think he was just getting settled and would have done wonders in the championship. The day we sold him- and he did not want to leave- was the day I started doubting the clubs decision making. Who replaced him - that will be Jason Jarrett!!!

As to Hariade

1) why would he be remotely interested in taking this dross side with no investment?

2) what would we pay him with?

3) what would happen to Crook et al who only just got here

4) all the work wthic in the world could not cover the lack of quality in the team. THat is the real problem- name me players in our squad who would make the first 11 in other teams?

The underlying point though is that Age voiced an interest in joining a Championship club.

Not sure he would move over for a League 1 team, unless we have a newly committed board and some cash to finance his restructuring.

Not to mention the fact that changes like you are talking about will take longer than a season to come to fruition - can we wait?

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

I think Johnson should have been kept- I think he was just getting settled and would have done wonders in the championship. The day we sold him- and he did not want to leave- was the day I started doubting the clubs decision making. Who replaced him - that will be Jason Jarrett!!!

As to Hariade

1) why would he be remotely interested in taking this dross side with no investment?

2) what would we pay him with?

3) what would happen to Crook et al who only just got here

4) all the work wthic in the world could not cover the lack of quality in the team. THat is the real problem- name me players in our squad who would make the first 11 in other teams?

[/quote]

Well forgive me if i am wrong, but are all of them not just contracted till the end of the season?

If that is the case then we just say thank you and goodbye.

If that is not the case then the board have made another balls up with their growing list of managerial appointments.

I would love to see him here, but it won''t happen unless Delia goes and new investment comes in imo

[quote user="rjwc22"]

The underlying point though is that Age voiced an interest in joining a Championship club.

Not sure he would move over for a League 1 team, unless we have a newly committed board and some cash to finance his restructuring.

Not to mention the fact that changes like you are talking about will take longer than a season to come to fruition - can we wait?

[/quote]

Why will they take longer than a season to come to fruition?

We go down, we wave goodbye to Gunn and co.

Players are sold and the loans go back so the result is we have hardly any players and need to bring new ones in.

Why would all of this take over a season to do? It could be done over the summer.

Probably Haraide would be the best of those whose names have emerged. I wonder if he''d stay interested if we end up in league 1. I''d offer him the job now.

I''ll repeat what one of my Norwegian buddies told me when Hareide was in the frame after Roeder got sacked - highly overrated and worse man management skills than Roeder, therefore, no don''t touch him with a bargepole.

[/quote]

People who think the grass is greener get on my nerves!

How much do you know about Hareide apart from the fact he used to play for us and is a manager?

Do you really think he''d of done better in our current predicament? - more than likely not!

Matthais Jonnson was mostly not very good for us!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="the duke of norfolk"]

[/quote]

How much do you know about Hareide apart from the fact he used to play for us and is a manager?

Do you really think he''d of done better in our current predicament? - more than likely not!

[/quote]

Ok, lets stick with Gunn then shall we?

Thinking that the grass is greener is the only way for me to remain any optimism.

Would you stick with what we have then ie Gunn etc?

But now we are down to the real nitty gritty. Perhaps Gunny, Crook and all are not the best of a management team but they are still far better than the squad of players they have inherited. And there lies the biggest problem. If they leave at the end of the season who the hell will want to take on our batch of misfits and under-achieving, overpaid  players? How many players have we got who are really good enough to wear the yellow and green?

You are so wrong. To compare him to Robinson just shows that you paid little attention to his game and just casually labelled him crap because he didnt skin people like Hux does.

As Purple Canary states Worthy nearly always played him as a right winger which he isn''t.

If you watched Jonsons game you would have noticed that he was very strong in the air, had good vision, passing and crossing abilities, that he could tackle well ( i believe we played him at right back and he did well there) and that he was a very committed and hardworking player.

To compare him to Carl Robinson is a bit of a slur.

[/quote]yeah - and too see worthy ditch jonson upon relegation and replace him with carney (a centre mid) just about says it all...

We will not have to worry about misfits and underachievers as they will all go back to their clubs or be sold.  The worry is, will any of our youth / reserve team want to stay to scrap it out in Div One?  Any with ambition will go as well - as Oates said when he went outside in with Scott in the Antartic we ''may be gone some time''..............

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="the duke of norfolk"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok, lets stick with Gunn then shall we?

Thinking that the grass is greener is the only way for me to remain any optimism.

Would you stick with what we have then ie Gunn etc?

[/quote]

For the rest of this season we have to stick with Gunn its far to long down the line to change managers now. It would be ridiculous cause not even god himself could do much with the crock of a squad we have!

Even when Gunn took over a poison chalice I doubt any other manager would of done much if all better. Gunn, Butterworth and Crook was our best option at the time!

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]But now we are down to the real nitty gritty. Perhaps Gunny, Crook and all are not the best of a management team but they are still far better than the squad of players they have inherited. And there lies the biggest problem. If they leave at the end of the season who the hell will want to take on our batch of misfits and under-achieving, overpaid  players? How many players have we got who are really good enough to wear the yellow and green?[/quote]

If we are relegated, i bet you Steve Tilson would jump at the chance to come and manage us.

Disagree just get amanager at league 1/championship level who has got a track record of getting sides promoted. Look at the Doncasetr guy, and what about Steve Tilson at Southend, always does well on  a shoestring

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Disagree just get amanager at league 1/championship level who has got a track record of getting sides promoted. Look at the Doncasetr guy, and what about Steve Tilson at Southend, always does well on  a shoestring[/quote]

He would be a good choice and has come out publicly after Worthington and then Grant were sacked stating his interest in the post but for some reason our dim wit board have not followed up his interest.