Sign in to follow this  
dolboy

Norwich Club Manager game (thoughts)

Been playing this for a few days now and I think it''s cool! Admittedly it hasn''t got the depth of Champ Manager but I actually prefer it because it''s more straightforward to play and more fun. I find the CM games way OTT and long-winded now. Actually, it''s not lacking good features or depth, it''s just that it''s been designed so that you can ignore most of it and just race through to each match if you want to - which I think is great!! To be fair, you do have to keep an eye on your player''s fitness levels as they seem to nose-dive quite quickly if you leave them alone, but the training section is easy to use so it''s not a grind.

On top of that, it looks good and feels like a Canaries game (it''s yellow and green!) and uses some smart pictures of the ground (inside and out) for the backgrounds. Nice action shots of the players when you are playing the match, too. The whole game seems to have been designed well and is easy to pick up and play, and areas like the tactics screen, training and buying players are all easy to use. The squad also looks bang up-to-date as well.

There are a couple of small issues but on the whole the game is good value for money. Probably not for the CM-boffins - more one for the family.

Hope that''s of use to someone!!

Up the Yellows!

Thanks dolboy.

I''m with Norwich with CM at the moment, I tell you it got impossible to win consitently on that games. Tell me is this games more biest towards the yellows? Also the actual match experience, is it text, or do you actually watch it (e.g CM4) ?

Thanks

I don''t know if it''s biased towards the Yellows but the squad is actually quite strong (all the loan players are in), so it''s not that difficult to do well in the 1st season. That''s what''s I like about this game. It may not be super-deep but at least it''s fun and easy to get into.

The match is text (not 3D sim) but it works well enough and is accompanied by up-to-date action shots of the players. The pictures match the event as well so if Huckerby scores, you get a Huckerby celebration picture (there must be hundreds of pics stored in the game!) Also, as well as speeding up the game time, you can change the detail of the text itself - basic, normal, detailed. Oh, and commentary of course! (by some Scottish bloke).

I think it''s a good game for the money and it says in the manual there will be updates available in January with new pics and the usual transfer refresh.

Hope that helps Lord. : )