Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

The players have given up!!!

Could it be that some of the players have just given up?

You know, the not busting a gut mentality.

Have some of the better, I''ll re-phrase that some of the players other teams would be interested in, lost heart in the club and in a way kind of given up, not giving 100%.

They may think, we''re are going to go down, and I will be leaving in the summer, so why should I care? and/or Even if we stay up, I am not going to hang around for another struggle next season, or may be because they know the club will cash in on them in the summer because we need the money.

This is not to mention the loan players, who must find it extremely difficult to get motivated and give their all.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

This is not to mention the loan players, who must find it extremely difficult to get motivated and give their all.

[/quote]This myth has been done to death.The loan players that Forest and Plymouth etc have seem to be doing ok, don''t they?

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

This myth has been done to death.

The loan players that Forest and Plymouth etc have seem to be doing ok, don''t they?
[/quote]

BUT ours are not!

Heads haven''t been right since Roeder was fired. Prior to that it was merely a size & quality issue. Now its attitude as well.

[quote user="First Wizard"]A lot of them are trying to find their escape routes for next season.[/quote]

If they don''t want to be here then let them go. Next season we need to blood youngsters and not only will we save a fortune in wages, but we will have players with Norwich in their hearts.  

The loanees do not need an escape route as they have a contract at their parent club.  If anything all the players would be giving their all if they wanted to engineer a move as this would put them in the shop window.

Either that or they already have nefarious plans to diminish their value by playing poorly in order to tempt Man Utd into making a surprise bid of £20 for them.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

The loanees do not need an escape route as they have a contract at their parent club.  If anything all the players would be giving their all if they wanted to engineer a move as this would put them in the shop window.

Either that or they already have nefarious plans to diminish their value by playing poorly in order to tempt Man Utd into making a surprise bid of £20 for them.

[/quote]

They''re hardly in the team anyway.  Most of the side recently has been permanent signings.

Paul

If you''re coming tonight.....get the pints in and save us a seat!

Horn (Lord)

(PS If you''re not coming, you are a lightweight who only lives 3 hours away...what''s your excuse???[;)])

[quote user="JJ"]

They''re hardly in the team anyway.  Most of the side recently has been permanent signings.

[/quote]

Finally! Somebody noticed. This "loanees don''t care" thing has been going on since Sibierski turned out to be s**t.

But it doesn''t legislate for Martin Taylor, Huckerby, Crouch, Cooper, Harper, Johansson, Grounds, Kennedy, Bertrand (last season), Ched etc etc who over the years all turned out to be pretty good, and help the cause massively.

It''s the players on a decent wedge, with a decent length contract that STILL aren''t producing the goods (I''m looking at you, Jon. And you Jamie, don''t stare at the floor. And you Sammy, where''s your form gone? And don''t think I can''t see you hiding in the corner, Mr Marshall) that should be ashamed.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]A lot of them are trying to find their escape routes for next season.[/quote]

If they don''t want to be here then let them go. Next season we need to blood youngsters and not only will we save a fortune in wages, but we will have players with Norwich in their hearts.  

[/quote]

Paul

If you''re coming tonight...get the pints in and save us a seat.

Horn (Lord)

(PS if you''re not coming you are a despicable lightweight......you only live 3 hours drive away so what''s your feeble excuse? [;)] )

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

Paul

If you''re coming tonight...get the pints in and save us a seat.

Horn (Lord)

(PS if you''re not coming you are a despicable lightweight......you only live 3 hours drive away so what''s your feeble excuse? [;)] )

[/quote]

I''m not going tonight, but will probably be there on Saturday, if they get a least a draw. 

[quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]

Croft, Clingan, Rusty and Marshall.............shall I go on?

I dont differentiate between the regulars and loans. Half the loans have been crap, injured or not picked the other half Lita apart this season ordinary. The regulars for the main have been the same

This is correct. I would say only Doherty, Shackell, Croft and Lita have shown the required commitnent regularly when they have played. So that''s 2 loans and 2 permanents.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Mook"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

The loan players that Forest and Plymouth etc have seem to be doing ok, don''t they?
[/quote]

BUT ours are not!

[/quote]

So, which loan players in which matches have not seemed to be motivated then?

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Mook"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

BUT ours are not!

[/quote]

So, which loan players in which matches have not seemed to be motivated then?

[/quote]

Don''t expect an answer, it''s just a line that was trotted out so it could be used as a stick to beat the manager.

Obviously we don''t want to beat the manager anymore, but the "loans don''t care about the club" tag has stuck. Apart from Sibierski (who clearly hated playing up front, and hated the championship) I think our loans have done just as well as the permanent players - and in a lot of cases, better.

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="JJ"]

[/quote]

Finally! Somebody noticed. This "loanees don''t care" thing has been going on since Sibierski turned out to be s**t.

But it doesn''t legislate for Martin Taylor, Huckerby, Crouch, Cooper, Harper, Johansson, Grounds, Kennedy, Bertrand (last season), Ched etc etc who over the years all turned out to be pretty good, and help the cause massively.

It''s the players on a decent wedge, with a decent length contract that STILL aren''t producing the goods (I''m looking at you, Jon. And you Jamie, don''t stare at the floor. And you Sammy, where''s your form gone? And don''t think I can''t see you hiding in the corner, Mr Marshall) that should be ashamed.

[/quote]

Mook, I think there have been loanees who don''t give a monkeys in the last few seasons, so I''m not defending the policy as a whole - 15 loans in one season is ridiculous.  The problem is also there have been loan players who have not been very good or very fit.

You''re right about the permanent players though - they''ve been just as big a let down.

It was still clear from last night''s performance that the team is a fractured unit. You know who wants to play and who doesn''t! The squad has cliques all over the place, with half of them looking at next season away from Carrow Road, especially as ALL wages are cut from next season - regardless of what league we are in.

How can team perform when many of them dislike each other so much???

A lot of this is to do with ''ownership'' - not actual but philosophical. We all want to adopt heroes do we not? This season, they''ve been few and far between. In the absence of this outlet we close ranks, making exaggerated assumptions that contracts equal loyalty or passion. Last night''s heroes were of course (partially) external to this philosophy. At the end of the day we all got a lift last night from loanees who have warmed the bench for too long, second to ''our regulars''. Codey went mental last night when he bagged his goal. Try keeping him out on Saturday, he''ll run on whether he''s invited or not! Nice to see. To late? - Hope not!

[quote user="JJ"][quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="JJ"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mook, I think there have been loanees who don''t give a monkeys in the last few seasons, so I''m not defending the policy as a whole - 15 loans in one season is ridiculous.  The problem is also there have been loan players who have not been very good or very fit.

You''re right about the permanent players though - they''ve been just as big a let down.

[/quote]

Which loan players in which matches did not give a monkey''s?  Apparently Henry at Leicester last season but I wasn''t there.  Who else and when?

[quote user="JJ"][quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="JJ"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Which loan players in which matches did not give a monkey''s?  Apparently Henry at Leicester last season but I wasn''t there.  Who else and when?