Sign in to follow this  
canaryjock

Dave Marshall

I notice there are threads praising Messrs McDonald and Gow (and rightly so) but none yet for Marshy so I thought I should rectify that.

I now work in Aberdeen so I''ve been sitting listening to the game on Canaries World so I only have their word for it but 3 terrific saves, one of them "world class" and Gordon Banks-esque is good enough for me. Yes he makes mistakes but as they say, when goalkeepers make errors they inevitable lead to goals so I hope we can cut him some slack now. I''ve always been a fan of him so hope the detractors can keep off his back.

Oh yeah and by the way.............. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! [:D]

[quote user="canaryjock"]

I notice there are threads praising Messrs McDonald and Gow (and rightly so) but none yet for Marshy so I thought I should rectify that.

I now work in Aberdeen so I''ve been sitting listening to the game on Canaries World so I only have their word for it but 3 terrific saves, one of them "world class" and Gordon Banks-esque is good enough for me. Yes he makes mistakes but as they say, when goalkeepers make errors they inevitable lead to goals so I hope we can cut him some slack now. I''ve always been a fan of him so hope the detractors can keep off his back.

Oh yeah and by the way.............. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! [:D]

[/quote]

Sitting in the Barclay they were indeed cracking saves!

[quote user="canaryjock"]

[/quote]

Well said, there''ve been some OTT posts on here blaming Marshall for all our woes, yet he''s probably now in credit for goals, and points saved this season, despite his errors.

He''s only a youngster by goalkeeper standards, expect to see him in the Prem by the age of 30. (Hopefully with NCFC!!)

Well said canaryjock, Marshy has been inconsistent of late but tonight he pulled off a couple of top draw saves and was generally very good (lets forget about the clearance early on though).  The "Banks-esque" save was truly a world class save, if that was Almunia or Cech they''d be raving about it for weeks.

Marshall really does go from extreme highs to extreme lows.  He''s capable of the most brilliant saves and he was a class act tonight.  His all round game was good too - I don''t think he missed a cross all night.

As I''ve said before, we don''t have anybody else who''s ready or better.  Not yet anyway.

[quote user="Lewie Roeders revolution"]Good saves but seems to want to give goals away every match (Terrible kicks)[/quote]You have to expect things like that when the team is under so much pressure. Lay off him, he saved us again way too many times tonight.

I''ve just logged back on after seeing the goals on SSN - Marshalls save from Whittingham (sp?) in the first half is out of this world. If that had gone in, we would probably be down now. Scotland''s number one!

Two top, top saves tonight (the second one at the end cost me £150, the basted) and he certainly deserves credit for those saves. Unfortunately, he is still a liability, his kicking is poor (this should be an easy thing to work on in theory), his communication and organisation with the defence is poor to almost non existant and he is very poor at dealing with crosses in to the box, particularly if he has to move more than one pace to get to them. If he can rectify those flaws considerably, then we could have a good goalkeeper on our hands, until then, as good a saves as he is capable of, he is a liabilty I''m afraid.That said, at present we certainly have no better in our squad.

[quote user="Mr. Norwich City"]

MARSHALL WON US THE GAME REALLY

3 WORLD CLASS SAVES WHICH SAVES US FROM LOSING 3-2

[/quote]

The save at the end of the game was one of the best saves I have seen in a long time (not just at CR). To get done so quick and managed to generate the power in his hand to tip the ball over the bar was amazing. The first save from Wittingham was a good reaction save but this one was pure class goalkeeping...

As others have said on other threads, it''s time to stop this stupid and futile exercise in having to find scapegoats all the time. If it''s not Marshall coming in for harsh criticism, it''s the Doc. If it''s not the Doc, it''s Semmy. If it''s not Semmy, it''s Fozzy etc etc etc etc - to the great and profound detriment of our team. It''s time for fans to stop pretending they could do better than the manager, and allow the man in charge to get on with the difficult and often thankless job in hand.

ffs lewie! 1 bad kick came to nothing, but you dont credit him for the three top drawer saves? you really are a negative fan arent you? i suppose you would criticise gunn too for taking off mooney who scored would you?