Sign in to follow this  
NCFC - OTBC

Optimism for staying up?

As a daily visitor of the pinkun website and message board for the last 5 months I have been watching with interest the general mood of all posters on this site. From early optimism to dissappointment, extreme highs and extreme lows, I would love to know what you guys really feel about the chances of our beloved Norwich City have of staying in this league? Firstly what you heart says and secondly what your head says!

After saturdays dissapointing result/ performance my heart was saying we can do it, but by head was saying its all over. However after last night I truly believe we have a good chance of staying up, it seems we now have 2 guys up front who actually look capable of scoring and the rest of the team seemed to up their performance! I just hope it is not another false dawn. Looking at the table most of the games in hand have been played and with a win on saturday we not only could get out of the bottom 3 but also drag Blackpool, Plymouth and Nottingham Forest back into the mix as well as putting pressure on Barnsley!

I have been supporting the Canaries for almost as long as I can remember, initially saving my pocket money/ saturday morning job wages to go to as many games as possible. This season I managed to go to the Blackpool, Birmingham and Sheffield United home games before I moved to where I am currently working in Goa, India. I return home in 3 weeks and will be able to attend the last few home games which i pray that we will have safety still a possibility!

OTBC!

I thought we were all but relegated, but as always with a win comes renewed hope.

If we are to stay up, we must win this Saturday! Anything less than a win, and we''re down. I''m trying not too get too optimistic until I see how Saturday pans out.

2 wins on bounce, and then we might be able to get some belief into them. Anythings possible.

But its all just if''s and but''s at the moment.

Impossible to say. Depends WHICH Norwich turns up. Is this the most chronically inconsistent side ever to have taken to the field in yellow? If the Wolves/Cardiff team turn up on four or five more occasions then we will do it.

If the Blackpool team turn up we are stuffed. My head or heart have nowt to do with it. It is in their hands,

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

Impossible to say. Depends WHICH Norwich turns up. Is this the most chronically inconsistent side ever to have taken to the field in yellow? If the Wolves/Cardiff team turn up on four or five more occasions then we will do it.

If the Blackpool team turn up we are stuffed. My head or heart have nowt to do with it. It is in their hands,

[/quote]

So true VIYAG,  has a squad ever been more capable of being the one to be relegated bottom of the league and genuine play off contenders in the same season???

Just make it two on the bounce,   with more of the same grit, determination and direct football that we saw last night :-)

Just play football. I''ll take it on the chin  we go down playing football.

Great 3 points last night but I feel we need 51 points to have a reasonable chance of staying in the division_ therefore a win against Plymouth is a must.

Our home games are the bankers, wins against Sheff W, Watford and Reading, will get us there.

Any points lost will have to be replaced with away game points-Birmingham , Swansea and Ipswich and the final day at Charlton

It could be that we are biting our nails at already relegated Charlton........

Am I optimistic, not really , we need a step change in form and consistency and I''m not sure that Gunn and the current squad can deliver

Am I hopeful, there''s always hope and I''m hoping

Am I praying , yes to anyone who will listen- which way is Mecca

It''s been a terribly disappointing season, lets hope we can survive and rebuild - one decent long term manager who can challenge for the top 6

Our problems really started when the fans thought we had an automatic right to be in the Premiership, they got rid of Worthy have been spending our limited resources on paying off incapable managers instead of players ever since....that''s life

We''ve just won a battle not the war!

I hope they put in the same performance on a regular basis from now on. Otherwise I feel we''re gonna go ...

we seem to be getting better , apart from the game at blackpool .

i should imagine teams like barnsley are now getting nervous ,

i think we will be okay a couple of wins would put us in a good position ,

2 wins from three games 2 clean sheets , surely anyone can see its been a improvement .

im happier with the players gunn has brought in , they seem to be making a big difference.

I think I would rather be in the position we are in than a place or two above relegation as this can lead to complacency.  At least it is clear what we need to do and I can see Barnsley falling in the last few games.

Still need that win at the weekend to have any real hope.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

I think I would rather be in the position we are in than a place or two above relegation as this can lead to complacency.  At least it is clear what we need to do and I can see Barnsley falling in the last few games.

Still need that win at the weekend to have any real hope.

[/quote]

Despite last night''s result I still think we''ll go down. We''ve been nowhere near consistent enough in a positive way all season so survival''s still a big '' ask ''.

Can''t agree that we''re better off being in the bottom three right now.........I think it''s fair to say the team played fairly complacently at Blackpool. Barnsley have probably got enough games in hand to scramble clear.

I think it''s more important that we don''t lose on Saturday. A win would be ideal but after the unexpected three points last night so a draw against Argyle will still keep us hanging in there.

My head tells me that we will still go down, mind you a win against Plymouth and that could all change but should we lose I think it''s safe to say were pretty much dead and buried given that we have Birmingham away after that game. So that''s just how big saturdays game is for this club.