Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Cort 31 Cureton 33

Gow, Mooney and Cody showed us tonight what weve been missing and it made me think.Look at the best teams in the league, theyve all got young, energetic hungry strikers. Ebanks-Blake, Doyle etc. Who have we had? 33 yr old Cureton and 31yr old Cort. Now while Cort has played well, looked class at times and won his headers and held the ball up well, weve seen tonight what the alternative is and what happens when you play two young strikers instead of two 30 plus strikers.Tonight i saw pace, energy, desire and hunger and it could be what were missing. Add to that Cody''s pace and we might have just stumbled upon the one thing that will keep us up.Lets face it, if we continue with Cort and Cureton were finished.

I agree with your sentiments.

I think we''ve seen the last of Curo and to be honest i''ve been wanting that for a while now. As for Cort, he''s done ok and like you say he''s won his headers and got stuck in where necessary. i think we''ll see him again but perhaps more as someone to come on later in the game to out muscle tired centre halves!!

I do have one question tho...............................................................whats the point in Killen?

[quote user="glove1"]without being disrespectful to cort and cureton.... i think they would be average league one strikers or great league two strikers.[/quote]

So we''ll need them then!

Cort is terrible why he''s wearing city colours is beyond me..... he has no first touch and seems to want to chest every ball he gets.... cureton again has had his day he''s now trying to hard and this shows in his performances.  I''m pleased to see coby in the team people doubted that he could score at this level but last night proved everyone wrong class goal against one of the better teams in the league.

I hope gunn see''s that if he wants us to stay in this league then he needs to start playing the youngsters

I don''t think we''ve seen the last of Cort.  Think fitness has caught up with him somewhat in the last few games.  Would be quite happy if I didn''t see Jamie in a Norwich shirt again this season.