Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

singing in the jarrold

yes an unknown phenomenom  but it happened tonight  i was in block h and the cardiff fans  (who i thought were immense for a tuesday night )  seemed to be directing all there chants over the net at the jarrold stand  and the jarrold stand actually responded  and gave it the biggun ..i`ve seen everything now [:D]

There was not too much where I was in Barclay, me and some friends in D block stood the whole match and were singing till our throats bled and tried to get the rest to sing. But well done, we need better for Saturday.

funniest chant from the cardiff fans "  your going down on your sister"  yeah like they can talk  , my 11 year old asked what they were singing ? i just said shut up and watch the match [:D]

Much better atmosphere in the Snakepit tonight.  It all seemed to click on and off the pitch - was a bit of a siege mentality at times.

Thought the atmosphere was excellent, almost non stop singing throughout the 90 minutes. Only heard the Cardif fans a couple of times from where I was in block A of the lower Barclay, they looked a bit of a motley crew from where I was especially the fat git at the front who was wearing a kilt.....and they call us inbreds.

[quote user="pennywise "]yes an unknown phenomenom  but it happened tonight  i was in block h and the cardiff fans  (who i thought were immense for a tuesday night )  seemed to be directing all there chants over the net at the jarrold stand  and the jarrold stand actually responded  and gave it the biggun ..i`ve seen everything now [:D][/quote]

You should have seen us in the Jarrold stand during the 2003 - 2004 (Promotion season) - plenty of singing etc.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Thought the atmosphere was excellent, almost non stop singing throughout the 90 minutes. Only heard the Cardif fans a couple of times from where I was in block A of the lower Barclay, they looked a bit of a motley crew from where I was especially the fat git at the front who was wearing a kilt.....and they call us inbreds.[/quote]

motley crew ?bloody hell i should say,  they were like the shadwell army  from I D [:D]

I loved the lip from the lad in Block H (3 seats next to me) in the Liverpool top, he was giving it some back to the Cardiff fans who singled him out.....we sung loud, definitely the loudest Ive heard the Jarrold sing!

There is always singing in the Jarrold. It''s just that the stand is so large you can have three different chants/songs going on at the same time and also the sound is dissipated rather than concentrated as in the snakepit or Barclay.

Yes I can remember the Jarrold stand being very much involved with the singing during the late stages of our promotion season in 2003-2004, at times both the Barclay and the Jarrold were in full voice which created a fantastic atmosphere, although it''s along way off from that now though... Shame.