Sign in to follow this  
Canary_on_the Trent

David Mooney on loan

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="The Lord"]what are the scouts doing?

[/quote]

Fighting elbow to elbow with all the clubs in the football league who are looking to get someone, anyone, who might just make a difference. Could you do better? Not everyone is interested in playing at the end of a railway line - Look at Newcastle
[/quote]

could you do better? what a silly thing to write. Yes i do think i could do better than that. This football club is turning into the biggest joke in football but its all ok coz we beat QPR forget about the last 3 years of crap football. The club is run by clowns but go ahead renew your season tickets coz thats all they care about. If ever we needed a real proven player its now but what do we do,sign someone who cant even get 3 mins of football in the championship. ITS A JOKE.

Sorry about the multiple posts.

Its hard to judge on youtube videos, remember Julien Breiller! The standard of the Irish League is probably similar to League Two so it would be hard to know how he will get on. I think Reading have the pick of most of the Irish players so they must have seen something in him at the time.

[quote user="The Lord"]

• Carney

• Gow

• Killen

• Shackell

• Grounds

• Leeijer

• Mooney

I make this gunn''s 7th loan signing in the space of a month or two...add this to roeder''s lot, and I make ''mooney'' are 54th loan signing this year
You can only hope he is good, but why an earth did we bring killen and leeijer here?! what are the scouts doing?

[/quote]

Is it really 54 loans this year?! I can''t be bothered to check so I''ll just have to trust you but that is absolutely ridiculous! No wonder we spend so much on agents.

It''s like Football Manager when you put in twenty different bids for twenty different strikers and they all say yes at once.

Look, he is another body till the end of the season, we know loans are not popular, but I would rather have another body to help us out of the poo. If Cort gets injured, we have another body to drop in and in the mean time he will provide competition.

I don''t care. The only thing is staying up.

[quote user="The Lord"]

and I make ''mooney'' our 54th loan signing this year

[/quote]

Where the hell did you get 54 loan signings from or have I been asleep

Archibald-Henville:
Bertrand: 
Kennedy:

Koroma:
Lupoli:
Omozusi:
Sibierski:

Lita:

Carney

Gow

Killen 

Leijer

Grounds

Mooney

Shacks

Thats 15 and I''m sure I''ve missed a few but who are the 39 that I''ve missed????

sorry I presumed people knew I was exaggerating when I said ''54'', of course its not 54, its probably more like 15/16 like CA suggests, but its still absolutely ridicilous....look at every successful team....stability is the key everyone knows that.  

It doesn''t matter if the figure finishes up at 20! That''s 20 too many. The loan system is keeping the poorer clubs, like Norwich, poor and stops us from progressing and is only there to help the bigger clubs make money. The system used to be there to help the poorer clubs, that is not the case now.

Ban the loan system and restrict the number of players a club can have registered and then, just perhaps, we will get a system back that allows all clubs the opportunity of success not just the few elite ones.

Why cant we get  Leroy back?  Is there some rule that prevents him coming back, if he`s in Reading reserves then surely we could get hold of him! 

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Why cant we get  Leroy back?  Is there some rule that prevents him coming back, if he`s in Reading reserves then surely we could get hold of him! [/quote]

Reading refused to give you a season long loan and you''ve used up your loan period - 93 days. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Why cant we get  Leroy back?  Is there some rule that prevents him coming back, if he`s in Reading reserves then surely we could get hold of him! [/quote]

Reading refused to give you a season long loan and you''ve used up your loan period - 93 days. 

[/quote]

Thanks

At least we''ve brought in a striker with a good record!That''s a sigh of relief, lets hope he is as good on the pitch as he is on paper though! He''s got a lot of height too!

[quote user="rjwc22"]Sadly I remember the youtube link of the fozzy flop that got me all excited...[/quote]

Have to say the same happened with Julien Brellier for me aswell.

Just watched the video. 

Well at least he''s used to playing in green shorts, and can score from the penalty spot!  Let''s hope he is good at winning them as well though cos'' as someone else said the qulaity of the defending in those vids is nothing compared to the CCC so he''ll not get so many chances here.

But, why buy Killen and MacDonald then?  The amount of salaries and time wasted this season is beyond belief.  There must be some kind of try before you buy option in Football transfers soon!

Mmm looks like Prudence has overcome ambition (or even survival in this case). Forest get McSheffrey , we get a guy who has played no Championship football and has been out injured!

Don''t know whether to laugh or cry!

FFS!!!  I`m not being funny and I will duly apologise if he ends up scoring a hatfull, but lets be honest we are looking down the barrel of a gun, are in the worst position for nearly half a century. We need pride, passion, belief and some real real quality if we are to get out of the mire and who do we end up with??? Another bl**dy loan player from a tin pot side, with no proven pedigree at any sort of level.

I really don`t mind lining agents pockets when we end up with roundly acknowledged talent (Taylor, Ched or Leroy) but this smacks of complete and utter desperation. We are rolling dice for the sake of the clubs future and praying we get a double six. There is a time and a place for constructive gambles, and with 10 games to go and being second from bottom this really isn`t the time or the place

I remember years ago, England were playing Brazil in the world cup, Seaman had a nightmare and conceded a soft goal from a free kick. twenty minutes left to try and get back into the game, again we wanted pride passion and belief and for the love of God what did we get from Sven, Chuffing Gary Neville!!!!!!

17,000 season tickets and the board are seriosly taking the p**s

[8o|]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="The Lord"]

and I make ''mooney'' our 54th loan signing this year

[/quote]

Where the hell did you get 54 loan signings from or have I been asleep

Archibald-Henville:
Bertrand: 
Kennedy:

Koroma:
Lupoli:
Omozusi:
Sibierski:

Lita:

Carney

Gow

Killen 

Leijer

Grounds

Mooney

Shacks

Thats 15 and I''m sure I''ve missed a few but who are the 39 that I''ve missed????

[/quote]Thought we were only allowed 14 in a season. There is a limit to number, does anyone know what it is?.

Let''s give the lad a chance.

He could be the next Kevin Doyle.

The end result is staying in the league and if this guy can come in and score a few goals then so be it.

Cody and Daley probably aren''t the answer right now, so I will give Mr Mooney the chance. Until I see a reason not to.

Good stuff. 10 games to go and if he gets the vital goal we will all be chuffed.  More ammunition! OTBC!!!

At least give the fella a chance. I''m not a fan of the loan system but if it''s really the only way we can get some more bodies at the club at present then so be it. To add to this I don''t think watching videos on youtube (Thanks for the

link, btw) qualifies anyone to judge whether or not said player can do

the business for the club.I can see why people would be annoyed at how he''s not a McSheffrey, a Lita etc, but we''ve not even seen him kick a ball for us yet and already he''s getting stick. If he doesn''t deliver good enough performances for us then fair enough, he deserves a bit of a tongue lashing. To add to this I don''t think watching videos on youtube (Thanks for the link, btw) qualifies anyone to judge whether or not said player can do the business for the club. For all we know he could be hungry to prove himself. Who knows, we may even be in for him in the summer if he helps us stay up and Reading get promotion and thus will probably not require him. God forbid I try to be positive, but let''s see how he gets on first before getting on his back.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Let''s give the lad a chance. He could be the next Kevin Doyle. The end result is staying in the league and if this guy can come in and score a few goals then so be it. Cody and Daley probably aren''t the answer right now, so I will give Mr Mooney the chance. Until I see a reason not to.[/quote]

Well said, if Reading saw something in him he cant be half bad, Although the league over eere is quite poor, he has done well and scored a lot of goals, and was snapped up, like Hoolahan and the other reading lads etc.. Lets see how it goes!

[quote]could you do better? what a silly thing to write. Yes i do think i could do better than that. [/quote]Codswallop. I accept the club could be better run, but making claims like this about doing a better job is complete lunacy. Unless I''m completely off the mark here, you likely have no experience whatsoever of what the job entails. For all we know the scout/scouts in question may have already gone in for the likes of McSheffrey and whoever but either the player didn''t want to come or we simply could not afford to do so financially. It''s not as simple as watching videos on youtube.

McSheffrey is already on record as saying he wanted to stay in that part of the country so even if Norwich were in for him it was always going to be difficult for them.

I wouldn''t believe youtube clips to be the best way to judge a players ability! Majority of the posts on a player will be cuts of matches when he doing something good i.e tricks/passing/shooting

wonder what they like for the other 88minutes and another 45matches rather than 2minute youtube clip

the worst players can be made to look like messi on youtube

[quote user="Irish canary"]

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Let''s give the lad a chance. He could be the next Kevin Doyle. The end result is staying in the league and if this guy can come in and score a few goals then so be it. Cody and Daley probably aren''t the answer right now, so I will give Mr Mooney the chance. Until I see a reason not to.[/quote]

Well said, if Reading saw something in him he cant be half bad, Although the league over eere is quite poor, he has done well and scored a lot of goals, and was snapped up, like Hoolahan and the other reading lads etc.. Lets see how it goes!

[/quote]

Totally agree. Every time we bring a player in he seems to get written off by the "experts" on here, most of whom haven''t seen him play. It seems to be the Norwich way.

he''s unknown quantity to your opposition. Could benefit you in the short run in if teams don''t know what to expect when facing him!

Reading have said they have sent him here to get match fit. Can we really afford, at this stage in the season, to get a player fit for a rival championship club? Very peed at the moment about us constantly signing players just to get them fit for other clubs. We cant take that sort of risk at the minute, we need fit players who are up for it.

Good luck to the lad though.