Sign in to follow this  
Frying Pan Eyes

Lee Croft.

Some people will say that i am making this up, but this is from a very good source that the club have already offered Crofty a contract but his agent laughed at it and slung it straight back. Norwich have offered him a new improved contract but it is only a slight improvement. ( Basically ive heard its a piss take )

Its such a shame as i know Crofty loves living here and loves the club but unfortunately that muppet doncaster is not going to push the boat out and the players at the moment are really jaded about the results but most importantly is the lack of ambition at the club.

I know everyone on here knows it already but we are never, i mean NEVER going to rise up the league with this board in charge.

So fellow Norwich City fans what are we going to do about it as i feel enough is enough and it really is breaking my heart to see this club just slide into oblivion. We need to do something NOW! Believe you me, the state of the club is in a far worse position than a lot of you think.

On the ball city............................

Totally agree with the fact that with this board we are going nowhere, either peter cullum or someone must come in,doncaster says the some things every season,now that we are in trouble the board has gone quiet and sheepish, and as a loyal fan it is heartbreaking to see a terrific well supported club struggling,this club deserves premiership football,at the least championship football,but the thought of 3rd tier would be a real great shame.

if they cant even offer croft a worthwhile contract,then wheres is the ambition of this great football club,croft is a player who works his socks off week in and week out,if its true im didgusted with the board,i think we need a real change in the board,and soon b4 our club is ruined

[quote user="Merry Mawkin"]

Some people will say that i am making this up, but this is from a very good source that the club have already offered Crofty a contract but his agent laughed at it and slung it straight back. Norwich have offered him a new improved contract but it is only a slight improvement. ( Basically ive heard its a piss take )

Its such a shame as i know Crofty loves living here and loves the club but unfortunately that muppet doncaster is not going to push the boat out and the players at the moment are really jaded about the results but most importantly is the lack of ambition at the club.

I know everyone on here knows it already but we are never, i mean NEVER going to rise up the league with this board in charge.

So fellow Norwich City fans what are we going to do about it as i feel enough is enough and it really is breaking my heart to see this club just slide into oblivion. We need to do something NOW! Believe you me, the state of the club is in a far worse position than a lot of you think.

[/quote]Why don''t you come up with an answer then MM? All you need to do is find a way of getting lots and lots and lots and lots of MONEY into the club. Are you going to sell all you own on Ebay? Or simply demand Delia & Co put their hand in their pockets again or find ANO who will? There''s a financial squeeze right now that is going to get  a whole lot worse in the next 6 months. You may be right that this Board will take us nowhere, but the alternative is? As for Croft - he''s not the complete article. Not as good as Bell IMO. Emptying our coffers for someone like him right now doesn''t make sense to me. If he''s been offered an improved contract then great. If it''s not enough - he can''t be that keen to stay can he?

One of our best players if not the best this season, IMO he will walk away for nothing in the summer and yet another mistake by the board!. Should have been forced to sign a contract in Jan or sold, board mistake time and time again and why we find ourselves in the shit continually letting any player worth their salt leave the club....

Disgracefully handled as always!

Agreed he is one of our best players and to lose him would be a blow. But fact of the matter is, we can''t survive on the level of wages we''re currently paying, whether in the Championship or League One. I, for one, won''t be surprised when Crofty leaves.

I agree Binky. Its so fecking annoying that we are in a lose/lose situation at the moment regarding someone taking over and Delia and the board just quitting. Regarding the financial squeeze that is 1 of the reasons we are getting rid of Fozzy. He is one of the highest paid players at the club. What i have heard is that the players really are very low in confidence and direction at the moment regarding the ambition of the club. We are where we are at the moment, but how the hell did it come to this.

The problem with the Croft transfer is 6 other clubs are after him at the moment and 1 club have already said they will double his wages straight away if he goes there.

At the end of the day i dont blame Croft for moving on maybe playing in the premiership again 1 day. Footballers have a short career and dont want to miss opportunitys of playing at the highest level they can when they can.

MM,Do you think he''s worth a pay rise? Do you think any of them are worth the money they earn?There is where football is disappearing up its own ar*e… Crofty tries very hard, but in all honesty, is he any good… really? If there was any sense in the game, Lee would be on a grand a week tops, cos apart from trying hard and a few goals (and over his tenure here it is only a few!) there really isn''t much else to his game is there?Was watching some highlights from the Play Off final the other night… lovely ball in from Alex Notman for Iwan to score. Would Crofty have found his man? I doubt it!The only difference between him and Mark Rivers is work rate, and thats our problem and why we sit where we do in the league…  Our defence are too ponderous, our midfield is too lightweight and don''t go forward with any pace and our front line, all 6 hundred of them, can''t score!Sadly, its been like this for so long, that people have started to rate Crofty because all else around him is so cr*p. It just goes to show how far we have fallen.

[quote user="Merry Mawkin"]

[/quote]

Piss take??? The only piss take is what the players are earning. Taking the piss out of the paying public and it is completely UNSUSTAINABLE! Have we really had value for money from this bunch of players and loanees this year? It breaks my heart to see all the fans hard earned money going to lining these semi talented free loaders'' pockets and even then the club has to borrow right left and centre to make up the shortfall. It has already been indicated that the salaries around at the moment will not be achievable next year at most championship clubs. Take into account there will probably be new rules governing what clubs can pay out in wages in relation to their financial position. This is the year to make a stand. I''m with Doomy on this one, it''s time for football to cut its cloth. Crofty is ok, a battler but no world beater, if he can get more elsewhere then he is welcome to sling his hook and take his blood sucking agent with him but he is hardly irreplaceable! Anyway it''s all academic cos if and when we go down the only current first teamers I reckon will still be here are Semmy and Cort.

Andy,

Your last sentence is spot on. Although i still think he is a good player but does goes wandering a few times though. Our defence is the big problem this season, not necessarily central defnce but i think full backs. Time and time again we get caught out with the one two down the wings. Otsemobor is quick when he wants to be but i dont think i have ever seen him tackle. ( Although to be fair, he has been hospital a few times lately straight after a game as he has a breathing problem ). Bertrand is a bit lightweight for me at left back. In this league there are some good wingers thats why we should of got two tough tackling full backs when we could of done.

apart from the goal against Ispwich just what hs Lee Croft contributed this season? an assist? a recent goal? a match winning performance? all he does is run around....

jas :)

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]MM,

Do you think he''s worth a pay rise? Do you think any of them are worth the money they earn?

There is where football is disappearing up its own ar*e… Crofty tries very hard, but in all honesty, is he any good… really? If there was any sense in the game, Lee would be on a grand a week tops, cos apart from trying hard and a few goals (and over his tenure here it is only a few!) there really isn''t much else to his game is there?

Was watching some highlights from the Play Off final the other night… lovely ball in from Alex Notman for Iwan to score. Would Crofty have found his man? I doubt it!

The only difference between him and Mark Rivers is work rate, and thats our problem and why we sit where we do in the league…  Our defence are too ponderous, our midfield is too lightweight and don''t go forward with any pace and our front line, all 6 hundred of them, can''t score!

Sadly, its been like this for so long, that people have started to rate Crofty because all else around him is so cr*p. It just goes to show how far we have fallen.
[/quote]

Glad someone else rated Notman. I thought he was a superb player with a lovely touch. It was a real shame he got that ankle injury. Some people have had him down in their ''worst ever'' Norwich 11 with the likes of Coney and Muzinic, unbelievable. Rivers was a poor mans Hux for me but despite having ''no engine'' was still better than Crofty. Rivers had a lot of guile whereas Crofty runs all day...There''s only one Mark Rivers.... Agree that Crofty has stood out in what is the worst Norwich team in 50 years.

Lee Croft signed a pre-contract agreement with Sheffield Utd a while back, so don''t expect to see him here next season. I think he needs to move on as he is treading water and is becoming increasingly frustrated. He''ll always be a decent Championship player, but not a Premiership one.

I''d be surprised if he''s here next season, but if he goes then he''ll go with my best wishes.  He could easily have sulked and sat on his backside until the end of the season, but instead he''s busting a gut to keep us up.  He''s not the most perfect player, but right now we need people like him who can graft if we have any chance of surviving.

Would be sad to see him go.

Anyone who watched the game last night knows how important that guy is to us. If we''d have had a few more players like him in the team this season we wouldn''t have dropped this low.

A hard working and talented player. And probably the muppets who doubt him will only realise what a good player he is when he leaves.

[quote user="Gazza"]

One of our best players if not the best this season, IMO he will walk away for nothing in the summer and yet another mistake by the board!.

[/quote]I actually completely disagree. He has bags of pace and you can''t fault his effort levels but I simply do not remember one goal comming from him crossing the ball. He has scored a few goals but not enough to be able to justify his permanent place in the side when his end product is so often so poor.He will be one of the higher earners on the books having come from Man City and I do not believe that 10K a week (or more) is good value for money - especially if we go down.It would be alarming to lose yet another permanent member of the squad but surely the summer will be a time of consolidation where expenses are cut and a decent (but cost effective) squad is put together. I would like to see more youth players come through and decent looking younger players from the lower leagues (like Cody McDonald) rather than spending silly money on average players like Croft.

[quote user="komakino"]Lee Croft signed a pre-contract agreement with Sheffield Utd a while back, so don''t expect to see him here next season. I think he needs to move on as he is treading water and is becoming increasingly frustrated. He''ll always be a decent Championship player, but not a Premiership one.[/quote]

Can I ask how you know this please?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="komakino"]Lee Croft signed a pre-contract agreement with Sheffield Utd a while back, so don''t expect to see him here next season. I think he needs to move on as he is treading water and is becoming increasingly frustrated. He''ll always be a decent Championship player, but not a Premiership one.[/quote]

[/quote]Here are some other things Komakina has said recently WAY.........

"I still cannot believe that some fans STILL support Delia. When we you lot ever learn? The woman tried to invest in Ipswich before Norwich, which Sheepshanks told her to clear off."

"Fozzy didn''t hold the club to ransom, he just wanted to leave. Roeder amazingly doubled his wages from 8K to 16K a week, which a shocked Fozzy and his agent accepted. Not his fault."

Obviously well connected or.............

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]Here are some other things Komakina has said recently WAY.........

"I still cannot believe that some fans STILL support Delia. When we you lot ever learn? The woman tried to invest in Ipswich before Norwich, which Sheepshanks told her to clear off."

"Fozzy didn''t hold the club to ransom, he just wanted to leave. Roeder amazingly doubled his wages from 8K to 16K a week, which a shocked Fozzy and his agent accepted. Not his fault."

Obviously well connected or.............

[/quote]

lol thank''s for pointing those out, it all makes sense now [Y]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Agreed he is one of our best players and to lose him would be a blow. But fact of the matter is, we can''t survive on the level of wages we''re currently paying, whether in the Championship or League One. I, for one, won''t be surprised when Crofty leaves.
[/quote]

By "best" I suppose you mean runs around a lot. His end product for a winger is appauling and that''s why he will never command a seat at football''s top table. If he get''s a couple of balls into the area in 45 mins of footie thats been a good half for dear old Crofty. It''s a bit like a central; defender who runs around all afternoon, but can''t header the ball.

[quote user="SNAP"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Agreed he is one of our best players and to lose him would be a blow. But fact of the matter is, we can''t survive on the level of wages we''re currently paying, whether in the Championship or League One. I, for one, won''t be surprised when Crofty leaves.
[/quote]

By "best" I suppose you mean runs around a lot. His end product for a winger is appauling and that''s why he will never command a seat at football''s top table. If he get''s a couple of balls into the area in 45 mins of footie thats been a good half for dear old Crofty. It''s a bit like a central; defender who runs around all afternoon, but can''t header the ball.

[/quote]

So for example last night, when he dinked that ball over perfectly for Wes who should have scored with a header, Wes doesn''t convert which doesn''t give Croft the assist. Which is something that''s happened a lot, Croft has put the ball in and other players haven''t finished.

But then you look about when he carried the ball diagonally a couple of times. Once he played in Wes who in turn played in Gow before he laid it across the face of goal. Great move, which Croft started.

And then you look at Croft carried the ball again in a similar situation but instead of playing into a congested area he played it back to Bertrand, that was a terrific bit of play on his behalf but something that probably a lot of people don''t realise and can''t read.

You take all the things like that, add it to his tremendous work rate and realise what a very good player he is and how we''d struggle to replace him.

Or alternatively you can just bitch about a few crosses that don''t result in a goal. Because of course he is the only winger in the world who doesn''t get 100% conversion on his crosses. Or just say that he runs around a lot and doesn''t do a lot else which shows you up for someone who can''t read the game.

[quote user="GJP"]Because of course he is the only winger in the world who doesn''t get 100% conversion on his crosses. Or just say that he runs around a lot and doesn''t do a lot else which shows you up for someone who can''t read the game. [/quote]Lets be honest GJP, even 10% would be a start! I love the fella''s commitment, but I think most people get annoyed by the fact that Lee gets himself in some absolutely great positions… and then fails to deliver. Of course he makes great diagonal runs and finds players with dinks and lay-offs… but my beef with him is the inability to play a telling cross WHEN he hits the byeline or gets around the back of the defender.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="GJP"]Because of course he is the only winger in the world who doesn''t get 100% conversion on his crosses. Or just say that he runs around a lot and doesn''t do a lot else which shows you up for someone who can''t read the game. [/quote]

Lets be honest GJP, even 10% would be a start!

I love the fella''s commitment, but I think most people get annoyed by the fact that Lee gets himself in some absolutely great positions… and then fails to deliver.

Of course he makes great diagonal runs and finds players with dinks and lay-offs… but my beef with him is the inability to play a telling cross WHEN he hits the byeline or gets around the back of the defender.
[/quote]

I know my football and I don''t get annoyed by him.

He''s a decent enough Championship player, who will end up playing in this league next season, irrelevant if we are or not.  Frankly I think we will survive.   [:D]

[quote user="we are staying up"]Lets be honest,did anyone really expect the board to offer him a worthwhile contract?[/quote]Would you care to define worthwhile?

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="GJP"]I know my football and I don''t get annoyed by him.[/quote]

Guess I don''t then…

[:^)]
[/quote]

You''re entitled to your opinion. It''s what football is all about.

Just that mine is bit more right than yours. [;)]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="GJP"]I know my football and I don''t get annoyed by him.[/quote]

Guess I don''t then…

[:^)]
[/quote]

Im with you Andy.

I think Bell was a better player and could boast 7 assists in his short spell here. Croft hasn''t got half of that.

He is a good winger. His effort makes him a good winger. Because his dribbling, crossing and passing ability dont. He is wholehearted and  has come on leaps and bounds but i still dont rate him as much as others do. But everyone loves a tryer.....

Gordon, Fox, Phillips, Huckerby, Eadie ,Adams......now they were wingers.......

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

apart from the goal against Ispwich just what hs Lee Croft contributed this season? an assist? a recent goal? a match winning performance? all he does is run around....

jas :)

[/quote]

Spot on, its only this season that he''s looked better than the rest of the time while he''s been here when he was way overweight and useless and colecting 5k plus per week. If he don''t want to sign the contract Sod him!