Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Enough of the crap-who genuinly would protest if organised?

[quote user="canaries"]talk much talk no action.[/quote]

Pale face speak with forked tongue. Well at least types with one.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="canaries"]sit and watch whilst norwich  crumble around you  that really sends a message out to the board.[/quote]

If that''s a Delia  dish should go well after the sasuages!!

[/quote]

[8]

The sidewalks and the street
The concrete and the clay beneath my feet
Begin to crumble
Our club will never die
You know we''ll see Delia crumble
Before we say goodbye
My club and I will be
In love eternally
That''s the way
That''s the way fans meant to be [Y]

Do we get custard with it Butler[:^)]

[;)]

[/quote]

Classy Nutty Unit 4 plus 2. Now there''s a formation to try[:D]

[quote user="canaries"]try walking backwards with your hands tied behind your back.[/quote]

Enough of this witty banter your supreme interlect leaves us all astounded. Now hurry up or you will miss your turn in the sand pit!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="canaries"]sit and watch whilst norwich  crumble around you  that really sends a message out to the board.[/quote]

[/quote]

[8]

Begin to crumble
Our club will never die
Before we say goodbye
My club and I will be
In love eternally
That''s the way

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, I suggested that system in an earlier thread........[;)][:P]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[8]

Begin to crumble
Our club will never die
Before we say goodbye
My club and I will be
In love eternally
That''s the way

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, I suggested that system in an earlier thread........[;)][:P]

[/quote]

Touche mon ami[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="canaries"]try walking backwards with your hands tied behind your back.[/quote]

Enough of this witty banter your supreme interlect leaves us all astounded. Now hurry up or you will miss your turn in the sand pit!

[/quote]

Erm, did you mean "intellect"? Lol....

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Erm, did you mean "intellect"? Lol....

[/quote]

Big fingers small keys. (make and "R" out of me)[:$]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I guessed it would be directed at Doncaster but fail to see what that would achieve.

[/quote]

Would achieve absolutely nothing apart from saving Delia another few hundred £k per year Nutty.

The only thing that is going to move the football club forwards is Delia & Wynn Jones selling their shares for a reasonable price or as little as possible (Ie: a price which will interest potential buyers out there).

If there is a big enough juicy worm on the hook then somebody will bite!!!

Delia needs to be made to feel unwanted in Norwich until she has done what is in the best interests of the club.

[/quote]

As always Smudger see''s straight away what I was getting at. Now we are down to the nitty gritty at long last so :-

Enough of the crap - who genuinely would protest (if organised) to make Delia feel unwanted in Norwich until she has done what''s in the best interests of the club? And who would be daft enough to do the organising??

[/quote]

I am daft enough Nutty... but we have two buts with that at the moment.

Firstly, I am far too busy to devote enough time to organise it at the moment (but I would offer support to anybody who did)... then we if I was to organise such a thing we have the problem of how many people would follow that Nasty Mr Smudger Syndrome coming in to play (even if he may of been right all this time after all).

Nutty - You conveniently forget all of the bold talk when we got promoted to the Prem, given your superb memory you will no doubt remember the statement from the majority shareholder of "onwards and upwards"?, would you say that the majority shareholder has delivered on this promise?. Those that rub shoulders with the likes of Roger Munby will tell you that the talk around the higher echelons of the club was of "European football in 5 years", do you think that this is likely (excluding any pre season trips to Holland etc)? Whilst I accept that what is happening to our club is not a wilful act, would you say that to describe the board as "incompetent" be a reasonable assement?

You see Nutty, there is something badly wrong with our club, big ("manageable") debts (is there such a thing as a "manageable debt in these troubled financial times?), no real explanation of where all the money has gone, little investment in the team, a board that really seems to have lost its direction, a board that appears not to even have a contingency plan in the event of relegation and a year on year decline since relegation from the Prem. Now I fail to see how any of that can be described as "onwards and upwards".

So why are we in decline?, I accept that there are all sorts of contributing factors but the more I think about it, for me it keeps coming back to the same thing, the board failed to take the opportunities that were presented to it when we got promoted to the Prem because they lacked the financial clout and/or the experience and/or will to do so.

SOB - If you are asking me why we are in decline on the pitch I''ll have a stab at answering it for you. But I doubt you are so I won''t go into how the quality of our team has gone to pot since 2006 because I''m fed up with people trying to convince me that it has nothing to do with losing Worthy.

If you believe the blame lays away from football, and some obviously must, then the best advice I can give you is to read the arguments between Mr Carrow and T then make your own mind up.

But now I''d like to know why this post is aimed to me on this thread. The title of the thread is "Enough of the crap-who genuinly would protest if organised?" I accept that plenty of people are up for a protest but it''s the "if organised" bit that baffles me. Back in October 2005, a full year before he was sacked, there were plenty of people getting their arses into gear to organise protests to get shot of Worthy. Official statements came from NCISA calling for Worthy to be sacked. No beating about the bush, no wishy-washy questionnaires, just a straight statement to the press calling for the board to sack him. This was followed by a public meeting at St Andrews Hall without even a mandate from their membership. It was not just NCISA either. Up popped the Worthy Out website and all kinds of stickers, flyers and other protest paraphernalia. The press too fuelled the flames. One particular columnist seemed intent on stirring the pot each week to fuel the protesting masses. The fans had spoken and there was no shortage of organisers to lead them into battle.

And yet here we are, I can''t begin to describe how much worse than October 2005. The fans have spoken once more but there is nobody prepared to lead them into battle, every potential leader has become a shrinking violet. Now SOB my friend - why do you think that is?

[quote user="Smudger Appreciation Society SAS"]Can I join in?[/quote]

I''m sure you can but there''s no shortage of people wanting to join in. There''s just no one willing to set the ball rolling.

Well I know I could be just another stranger
But to you I guess I''m just another fool
And you swear you like to live your life in danger
Then you hide behind a wall of silly lies

Nobody thinks the way I do
I guess that nobody cares
Your head''s so full of things
So set your mind free of them
I''m breaking the rules

Did you know
That in the truth there''s nothing stranger
I suppose you think I think I know it all

Nobody hears the things I say
I guess that nobody cares

My head''s so full of things
I set my mind free of them
I''m breaking the rules
Breaking all the rules

He''s a real nowhere Man,
Sitting in his Nowhere Land,
Making all his nowhere plans
For nobody.
Doesn''t kave a point of view,
Knows not where he''s going to,
Isn''t he a bit like you and me?
Nowhere Man, please listen,
You don''t know what you''re missing,
Nowhere Man, the world is at your command.
He''s as blind as he can be,
Just sees what he wants to see,
Nowhere Man can you see me at all?
Doesn''t have a point of view,
Knows not where he''s going to,
Isn''t he a bit like you and me?
Nowhere Man, don''t worry,
Take your time, don''t hurry,
Leave it all ''till somebody else
Lends you a hand.
He''s a real Nowhere Man,
Sitting in his Nowhere Land,
Making all his nowhere plans
For nobody.

Nutty - I aimed my post at you as you seem to defend the current board at every turn. Nobody can deny we are a club in decline. You say that the team is not as good as the 2005 team, I agree with you, I put it down to lack of investment year on year, what do you put it down to? I agree with you regarding Nigel Worthington, the guy was hung out to try by the board. I see the appointment of Gunn as a high risk gamble by th board, if we stay up it will paid off, if we go down I doubt very much that the anger will be directed at him, who does that leaver, maybe peoples frustrations will finally be directed at those directly responsible for the mis-management of our club.

Personally I am not for "running Delia and Co out of the City", I accept that they are fans of Norwich City FC, despite what others on here say, what I would like to see is a bit of honesty from the decision makers that they have got things wrong, and I hope to see somebody with a bit of cash to splash alongside them , alas I fear that the current economic climate makes that very unlikely.

as much as i dont like the people at the top of the helm , for reasons i have no faith in them .

delia comes out on the pitch giving it the bigun.. " where are you " ...

we are in serious threat of going down , where is she?

i dont think protesting now would do any good, delias only prepared to sell if the price is right .

in this climate we have no hope ! .

shes a stubborn mule .. unfortunately relegation may be the only option to push her into selling for peanuts .

i must say arthur if i felt it would give them a push out the door yes i would protest ,

but would it be wise right now ..?

i dont think it would do any of the players any favours , we have a few games left to save our championship status.

if we go down then i would go in all guns blazzing !!!

SOB - I''d rather you didn''t pigeon-hole me to be anything. I''m quite happy to debate any issue on here but where I''m different to many others is that I don''t just put each failure down to the latest scapegoat.

I don''t think you can just put the decline of our football team purely down to lack of investment. That''s too simple and doesn''t bear scrutiny. It''s as much to do with wasted money as it is lack of money. Cast your mind back to when Peter Grant started to replace Worthy''s players.  Jamie Cureton £750,000 and a big 3 year contract at nearly 32 years of age - lack of investment or waste of money? David Marshall 1m and a big 3 year contract. Now I believe Marshall is a good keeper, maybe even worth that money but what I never have got my head around is how a club is prepared to pay more for a goalkeeper than a goal scorer. How many clubs do that? so is that lack of investment or a waste of money? Brown, Brellier, Strihavka, Chadwick and even Darel Russell - lack of investment or waste of money?

This paved the way for Roeder having to make do and mend but that was as much to do with the amount of his budget already wasted than lack of further investment. Yes there''s mistakes been made. Somehow the money should have been found for Ashton earlier or for Howard in 2006 but much of the decline since then has been down to money wasted. OK, the board appoint the managers, but it''s really not an exact science and how many clubs get it right more often than wrong?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

SOB - I''d rather you didn''t pigeon-hole me to be anything. I''m quite happy to debate any issue on here but where I''m different to many others is that I don''t just put each failure down to the latest scapegoat.

I don''t think you can just put the decline of our football team purely down to lack of investment. That''s too simple and doesn''t bear scrutiny. It''s as much to do with wasted money as it is lack of money. Cast your mind back to when Peter Grant started to replace Worthy''s players.  Jamie Cureton £750,000 and a big 3 year contract at nearly 32 years of age - lack of investment or waste of money? David Marshall 1m and a big 3 year contract. Now I believe Marshall is a good keeper, maybe even worth that money but what I never have got my head around is how a club is prepared to pay more for a goalkeeper than a goal scorer. How many clubs do that? so is that lack of investment or a waste of money? Brown, Brellier, Strihavka, Chadwick and even Darel Russell - lack of investment or waste of money?

This paved the way for Roeder having to make do and mend but that was as much to do with the amount of his budget already wasted than lack of further investment. Yes there''s mistakes been made. Somehow the money should have been found for Ashton earlier or for Howard in 2006 but much of the decline since then has been down to money wasted. OK, the board appoint the managers, but it''s really not an exact science and how many clubs get it right more often than wrong?

Lack of investment IMO as those players were purchased mainly from the sales of the crown jewels at that time

[/quote]