Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Enough of the crap-who genuinly would protest if organised?

Smudger you would be a liability to any properly organised protest. You have over stepped the mark too many times/ Any protest really does not need you.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Nutty, I will have to bow to your superior memory regarding what Roy Blower said re the Worthy Out protests, I really can''t remember. On to now, and what matters now. I have no idea what kind of statement, if any, would be put out, that''s not for me to decide, but if you want an answer to whether I would protest against the board and their abilities to save this club and what they have done to get us in the position we are in then, it''s a big YES![/quote]

So for the now Gazza - would you be prepared to lead such a protest?

Worthy should have gone after the Fulham debacle, Grant was always a gamble, coaches fail as managers in the large majority cases. Roeder was and has been a failure nearly every club he has been to, as for Gunn, dont get me started, none of these did the fans encourage or partically want these were bad board decisions and its not hindsight many of us stated so at times of appointment they were mistakes.

We have had sell out crowds, premier money, parachute payments, profits on transfers, so i submit a case of mismanagement somewhere and that must be aimed at the board.

As for Doherty he always seems to get hammered yet he is constantly picked by all managers,so imo must offer something to the team.

I don''t think I have the right credentials to be honest Nutty, and as before it wasn''t a case of anyone leading, more a group of similarly minded people getting together, I am willing to lend my support (depending on how it transpires). I don''t particularly want to do any of this and certainly no cheap name calling, though it''s difficult not to get personal during a protest.

But if you are asking if I have the guts (sorry I don''t do balls) to join in, then yes, I do.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

Worthy should have gone after the Fulham debacle,

[/quote]He should have gone two years before that - the football was dross.

[/quote]Whilst I never liked Worthington thats a classic example of pointing the finger in the wrong direction. The team didn''t deliver on that day - they froze. Francis was a disgrace. Worthington did as much as he could do, the rest was up to the players.Got arrested for knocking off a policemans hat on the way out that day. Well ''ard me....  :o)

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

Whilst I never liked Worthington thats a classic example of pointing the finger in the wrong direction. The team didn''t deliver on that day - they froze. Francis was a disgrace. Worthington did as much as he could do, the rest was up to the players.

Got arrested for knocking off a policemans hat on the way out that day. Well ''ard me....  :o)
[/quote]

Its called motivating your players good managers do that. We had to win to stay in the best league in the world we did not turn up we were a disgrace, it was Worthy''s team, he built it, he was boss, he takes the can. In any business somebody pays for failure, well except banking maybe.

''I know quite a few season ticket holders whose hearts lie with other clubs in distant towns and cities and Carrow Road is just "convenient" for them''. No question that this is true. I suspect this is the case at quite a few Clubs, probably not at yer WBA, but at a Club like Norwich it is quite true that quite a % of fans are family orientated new-comers, and football has become more middle class (no terraces) etc, and it is more about a good safe day out than it was in the 70''s. I am afraid times change, and maybe not for the worse. I was speaking to a lifelong Burnley fan from Burnley in East London recently, and he told me about a fellow life long Burnley supporting mate of his who moved to Norfolk, had kids,  and is now a season ticket holder at Carrow Rd, who has become a Norwich fan - so it happens the other way too. I have often thought the ''hard-core'' fan base is about 14K, and then you have the associated others. They are all welcome in my book, but of course some are more equal than others.

Its called motivating your players good managers do that. We had to win to stay in the best league in the world we did not turn up we were a disgrace, it was Worthy''s team, he built it, he was boss, he takes the can. In any business somebody pays for failure, well except banking maybe.

[/quote]Dear Mr. DeludedThe top end very rarely pay for mistakes.....thats a fact of lifeAs for motivation, as I keep saying, if any player needs motivation he should be fired.

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

Dear Mr. Deluded

The top end very rarely pay for mistakes.....thats a fact of life

As for motivation, as I keep saying, if any player needs motivation he should be fired.
[/quote]

listen    Mr Divlo, Managers get sacked all the time, as for motivation its their job, you might not like it or agree with it, but it is, thats one of the credentials which makes good or bad managers, Chelsea this season is a classic example.

IBA, I would have thought a CE was responsible for the sound running of the club. For forming strategies and managing his team. In the years Mr Doncaster has been here what has improved. The debt? No. Position in league table? Hardly. When we were promoted, finally, he budgeted for our return to the Championship, presided over a a couple of disastrous managerial appointments and has managed not to find too many people caring to invest in NCFC (why didn''t we attract any investment while in the Premiership). Then to contracts and the agent fees? Why are we nearly top spenders here? Why, with all our season ticket money and large crowds are we not more competitive? And why, oh why don''t the board have any idea where to turn next? And IBA, they said as much to my face last Thursday. Come back Gordon Bennett!

No Gazza I wasn''t suggesting you didn''t have the guts to join in. I just asked if you''d be prepared to lead the protest. Surely that''s what this thread is about? "Enough of the crap-who genuinly would protest if organised?" And then the OP asking "If Tilly and co or someone else arranged a protest who would actually back it" It''s my opinion that nobody would arrange a protest against Delia Smith and I wondered if they organised one against easy target Doncaster would they then plead with fans not to target Smith & Jones.

You can make a good case against Doomy but why couldn''t it have been made when Worthy, Grant or Roeder were manager? It seems to me that Gunn''s a legend, nobody has the balls or guts to go for Delia so Doomy is the only target left.

Of course everyone has their own opinion on who the culprits for our demise are Nutty, as it''s a team game, it''s almost impossible to single anyone out. However I guess it comes down to when each supporter decides when things took a turn for the worst. Then, who was responsible for that turn of events. I don''t think Delia is anymore to blame than Skipper was, or Munby. They, are a combined unit. The board of directors.

As I said before, for each person it''s down to a whole set of facts/opinions and circumstances. Delia in my eyes is culpable for some reasons, Doncaster for others. Added up, the board have not moved the club on, given their advantages over the years, their mistakes have been many and in some cases repeated over and over.

I may be different from others, but can''t say I ever took to Doncaster in his role. During the Worthy Out time I thought that the board were being overlooked, Doncaster included. However it''s come to pass that now, if anyone does have a grievance, the most obvious cause is the board. One constant in a sea of change (not for the better) and change in league position and squad and player strength. I really don''t think anyone would protest against Bryan Gunn. First for who he is and second the damage was done before he got the job.

However, if protests are organised, I think it will be the board per se, not just Doncaster who are put under the spotlight.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="IBA"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]Whilst I never liked Worthington thats a classic example of pointing the finger in the wrong direction. The team didn''t deliver on that day - they froze. Francis was a disgrace. Worthington did as much as he could do, the rest was up to the players.Got arrested for knocking off a policemans hat on the way out that day. Well ''ard me....  :o)[/quote]

[/quote]Can I just say that you sort of answered your own question. If a player can not motivate themseleves in the situation where a win would see them remain in the best league in the world it is highly unlikely that there is very much the manager can do about it.Worrthington wanted Ashton in the summe, had we bought him then I think we may have got a couple more goals and a couple more points which would have seen us stay there.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

No Gazza I wasn''t suggesting you didn''t have the guts to join in. I just asked if you''d be prepared to lead the protest. Surely that''s what this thread is about? "Enough of the crap-who genuinly would protest if organised?" And then the OP asking "If Tilly and co or someone else arranged a protest who would actually back it" It''s my opinion that nobody would arrange a protest against Delia Smith and I wondered if they organised one against easy target Doncaster would they then plead with fans not to target Smith & Jones.

[/quote]

Of course Gazza would join a protest against the board and so would I and probably hundreds of others if someone had the time, leadership qualities and experience of organising such event.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Of course Gazza would join a protest against the board and so would I and probably hundreds of others if someone had the time, leadership qualities and experience of organising such event.

[/quote]

Now Angel, I have no doubt that you and Gazza would both protest against the board. And I''m sure you''d both be brilliant at it. I never for one moment thought you wouldn''t and I hope to God neither of you ever feel the need to protest against me. [;)]

All I wondered was who was going to organise this protest and who it would be focused against as it wasn''t made clear on the OP.

I guessed it would be directed at Doncaster but fail to see what that would achieve.

[/quote]

Would achieve absolutely nothing apart from saving Delia another few hundred £k per year Nutty.

The only thing that is going to move the football club forwards is Delia & Wynn Jones selling their shares for a reasonable price or as little as possible (Ie: a price which will interest potential buyers out there).

If there is a big enough juicy worm on the hook then somebody will bite!!!

Delia needs to be made to feel unwanted in Norwich until she has done what is in the best interests of the club.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Tbh i would not bother now as i think this current board and majority of fans deserve each other. City will always be my team but i just hope oneday HRH leaves with her cronies, we get a board with ambition and bxllxcks  to go out and get a real manager, spent abit of dough and attract fans with a bit of backbone. Before the replies, if the cap fits wear it.[/quote]

So, if it''s all about ambition and cash spent, how do you reconcile the fact that teams with much less income than us are so much more competitive?

Not being facetious, interested in your opinion 

[/quote]

The likes of Burnley & Co may have less money than us Maccy D.... yet still somehow they have been finding ways of spending more than us on the playing side in recent years aven''t they?

Also while we have been asembling and dismantling 3 or 4 teams of loanees over the last couple of years or so, Burnley have gradually built a side bit by bit.... not the finised article just yet but a damn site closer to it than we are.

Nutty, I can think of several reasons to protest against you. But to the main topic. You will have to ask the OP who he was aiming at I suppose. We all have our different views for and against, I can''t speak for anyone else, but I think you know my own views well enough.

As for being brilliant at protesting, not sure about that, I am a lot older now and can''t run as fast as I did way back then.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I guessed it would be directed at Doncaster but fail to see what that would achieve.

[/quote]

Would achieve absolutely nothing apart from saving Delia another few hundred £k per year Nutty.

The only thing that is going to move the football club forwards is Delia & Wynn Jones selling their shares for a reasonable price or as little as possible (Ie: a price which will interest potential buyers out there).

If there is a big enough juicy worm on the hook then somebody will bite!!!

Delia needs to be made to feel unwanted in Norwich until she has done what is in the best interests of the club.

[/quote]

As always Smudger see''s straight away what I was getting at. Now we are down to the nitty gritty at long last so :-

Enough of the crap - who genuinely would protest (if organised) to make Delia feel unwanted in Norwich until she has done what''s in the best interests of the club? And who would be daft enough to do the organising??

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Nutty, I can think of several reasons to protest against you. But to the main topic. You will have to ask the OP who he was aiming at I suppose. We all have our different views for and against, I can''t speak for anyone else, but I think you know my own views well enough. As for being brilliant at protesting, not sure about that, I am a lot older now and can''t run as fast as I did way back then.[/quote]

You keep your reasons to yourself then Gazza[:#] I don''t want a load of angry faces [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]outside my place of work telling the whole world how rubbish I am and screaming "nutty out" [:''(]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Nutty, I can think of several reasons to protest against you. But to the main topic. You will have to ask the OP who he was aiming at I suppose. We all have our different views for and against, I can''t speak for anyone else, but I think you know my own views well enough. As for being brilliant at protesting, not sure about that, I am a lot older now and can''t run as fast as I did way back then.[/quote]

You keep your reasons to yourself then Gazza[:#] I don''t want a load of angry faces [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]outside my place of work telling the whole world how rubbish I am and screaming "nutty out" [:''(]

[/quote]

I''ll come and demonstrate at your place Nutty, inside of course, and will there be sasuages as well as beer?

That''s the type of demo I like[:D]

Nutty for president I say!!

[quote user="canaries"]sit and watch whilst norwich  crumble around you  that really sends a message out to the board.[/quote]

Thanks for your input Chris.

no problem i can tell you about my meeting with sir robert chase just before he got hounded out if u like.

[quote user="canaries"]sit and watch whilst norwich  crumble around you  that really sends a message out to the board.[/quote]

If that''s a Delia  dish should go well after the sasuages!!

[quote user="The Butler"]

If that''s a Delia  dish should go well after the sasuages!!

[/quote]

[8]

The sidewalks and the street
The concrete and the clay beneath my feet
Begin to crumble
Our club will never die
You know we''ll see Delia crumble
Before we say goodbye
My club and I will be
In love eternally
That''s the way
That''s the way fans meant to be [Y]