Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Enough of the crap-who genuinly would protest if organised?

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

I think you''d be suprised at the number of people who would protest.

Hundreds of us protested against Worthington when we were in a far better position in the table, I''d wager that a hell of alot of people would take part in a protest if organised.

[/quote]

So you hundreds who protested against Worthy must be feeling very pleased with yourselves now, eh? 

[/quote]

FFS mate,wake up,grow up and catch up,it''s 2009 and harping on about Worthy is daft!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Smudger"]

I think you know that I would Arthur... try stopping me!!!

I also think you know that I would help arrange and offer all the support I can to such a campaign also... [;)]

[/quote]

Would that be from the warmth and comfort of The Hotel Nelson bar?I mean there would be little point in you expressing your views outside the ground would there as Munby and Doomcaster are aware of your stance as you stated on the NCISA thread.

[/quote]

Would you be prepared to organise an official protest? An answer from the NCISA to my question would help me and others understand the point of such groups during what is the clubs worse position in decades.

[/quote]

Silence speaks volumes doesn''t it Arthur?

They say every picture tells a story... but silence tells you more than a thousand words!!!

[/quote]

Then tell me a nice looooong story then!!

[quote user="glove1"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I doubt any official organisation would ever instigate an official protest against Delia Smith if that''s what you and Arthur are asking for.

[/quote]

who needs an official protest?? the roeder protest wasnt official and it got a mention by munby / doncaster ''post roeder''. not getting at our young fans but it would be nice to have an average age of more than 12 at the protest though!!

[/quote]

I refer you to the posts I was replying to :-

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Smudger"]

I also think you know that I would help arrange and offer all the support I can to such a campaign also... [;)]

[/quote]

Would that be from the warmth and comfort of The Hotel Nelson bar?I mean there would be little point in you expressing your views outside the ground would there as Munby and Doomcaster are aware of your stance as you stated on the NCISA thread.

[/quote]

Would you be prepared to organise an official protest? An answer from the NCISA to my question would help me and others understand the point of such groups during what is the clubs worse position in decades.

[/quote]

I would - defenitely. I think there defenitely should be upheaval this summer - or as soon as our fate has been decided properly. People say it should be now but there is no point - nothing will change now until the summer, or possibly if we are confirmed as relegated. But yes I feel strongly enough now to join peaceful but vocal protests to bring about change. Especially if other reasonable people such as Macdougall''s perm will be there.

Can we establish first what or who the protest is against. Arthur called upon Tilly or someone else to organise a protest but nobody has yet stated who or what this protest should be aimed at.

Smudger said he is going to start a protest chant in the Nelson at seven tonight before the match. Don''t be late if you want to join in though, he will probably be kicked out at 7.02pm! [:D]

Now you all laugh at Smudger but at least he has identified who he will be protesting against. This thread was a call for someone to organise a protest. If I step forward to be that sacrificial lamb whose name shall I paint before "OUT"on the banner?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Can we establish first what or who the protest is against. Arthur called upon Tilly or someone else to organise a protest but nobody has yet stated who or what this protest should be aimed at.

[/quote]No - we can''t. It''s all about making us feel a whole lot better so the protest is all about moaning. We are going to march right up to the stadium and moan very very loudly, yes thats it.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

No - we can''t. It''s all about making us feel a whole lot better so the protest is all about moaning. We are going to march right up to the stadium and moan very very loudly, yes thats it.
[/quote]

[:D][:D]

You''re right of course NN, but in my case it would be directed towards the board or more particularly Doncaster, not in the sense that I think they have deliberately ''sold the club down the river'' but the simple facts are that they need to know that they have mismanaged the club to the point that we are underperforming to an alarming degree compared to clubs that are half our size. I''m not saying that there is any kind of a magic bullet or that what is necessarily needed is a huge injection of cash (just look at the number of clubs with half our revenue that are challenging in this division); just that they need to know that this simply isn''t good enough - we need somebody on board (pun intended) with more of an idea of how to run a football club. 

I''m not accusing them of anything underhand, other than being pretty clueless; yes you''re right it is hard to pick a specific target but i am leaning towards Doncaster; as chief executive he has simply not done his job. His quote regarding having a wage bill of clubs with twice our crowds is perplexing to say the least.

Now you all laugh at Smudger but at least he has identified who he will be protesting against.

[/quote]

Yes and at least he''s prepared to do something to let the board know we''re sick of the mess they''ve got us in!!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now you all laugh at Smudger but at least he has identified who he will be protesting against.

[/quote]

Yes and at least he''s prepared to do something to let the board know we''re sick of the mess they''ve got us in!!

[/quote]

It most certainly will!!

Sit in the Nelson and shout[:D]

I have protested before when I knew it could end up with something happening!

I wouldn''t this time because I have already made my feelings known to the board and until someone comes forward to buy the club theirs not a lot anyone can do!

The board know they have f£cked up- and have been trying to sell the club for over a year now but no ones put in an offer that would see the club progress!

I understand people being sick of whats going on cause Iam but I would urge anyone thinking about protesting to do so when our fate is sealed one way or the other cause lets try and get 100% behind the team while theres still a chance we can stay up!

Tbh i would not bother now as i think this current board and majority of fans deserve each other. City will always be my team but i just hope oneday HRH leaves with her cronies, we get a board with ambition and bxllxcks  to go out and get a real manager, spent abit of dough and attract fans with a bit of backbone. Before the replies, if the cap fits wear it.

I guessed it would be directed at Doncaster but fail to see what that would achieve.

[/quote]

To be honest, just that the 17,000 people who have renewed their tickets (me included) aren''t just blindly accepting failure year after year. And, actually, you''re correct as usual; probably nothing - but we might just end up with a chief executive who knows what he''s doing. I don''t believe in fairy tale knights on white horses swooping in with millions to buy out Delia and save us but I can''t really see that Doncaster isn''t a major contributing factor in the abject position that we find ourselves.

I do agree, however, with those that say that protests should wait until our fate is sealed one way or the other. We do need to be behind the team to have any chance (however slim) of them pulling us out of it.    

[quote user="ricky knight"]Tbh i would not bother now as i think this current board and majority of fans deserve each other. City will always be my team but i just hope oneday HRH leaves with her cronies, we get a board with ambition and bxllxcks  to go out and get a real manager, spent abit of dough and attract fans with a bit of backbone. Before the replies, if the cap fits wear it.[/quote]

So, if it''s all about ambition and cash spent, how do you reconcile the fact that teams with much less income than us are so much more competitive?

Not being facetious, interested in your opinion 

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I guessed it would be directed at Doncaster but fail to see what that would achieve.

[/quote]

To be honest, just that the 17,000 people who have renewed their tickets (me included) aren''t just blindly accepting failure year after year. And, actually, you''re correct as usual; probably nothing - but we might just end up with a chief executive who knows what he''s doing. I don''t believe in fairy tale knights on white horses swooping in with millions to buy out Delia and save us but I can''t really see that Doncaster isn''t a major contributing factor in the abject position that we find ourselves.

I do agree, however, with those that say that protests should wait until our fate is sealed one way or the other. We do need to be behind the team to have any chance (however slim) of them pulling us out of it.    

[/quote]

You got me wrong Maccy P. I can see where people have the need to blame. I just don''t see the point of blaming the hired help. He''s just an easy target like Worthy was.

The reason why I am posting on this thread is because I am interested in seeing an answer to Arthurs question in the opening post. I doubt Arthur or Smudger, who came on this thread shortly after, are particularly interested in a protest against Doncaster.

Now when the Worthy out stuff first reared it''s ugly head I remember Roy Blower telling the would be protestors not to turn their attentions to Delia Smith. And now, with Grant and Roeder already gone, the only easy target left is poor old Doomy himself because I rather suspect that nobody would officially endorse a protest against Delia. I could be wrong because there''s still time for the opening post to be answered.

I won''t be protesting, not now or if we are relegated, unless deliberate wrong doing can be proved upon the custodians of our football club.

Nutty, in my eyes the whole damn board are culpable. Doncaster makes himself the "easy" target merely by one, being more vocal and visible than the rest and two, he''s an employee, a very well paid employee with just over 100 shares, yet he runs the club, effectively. I think most of us can see that Delia and Michael (x2) have at least contributed in a positive way. Doncaster, despite his slick delivery and empty sincerity has not.

I think however a new more radical and brighter CE could be appointed who might just be able to sort out the mess the board have got themselves into. It''s not an impossible task, as we will still generate income (thanks to the STs at least).

I happened to think the direction of the Worthy protests were slightly miscued at the time and that the board had a lot to answer, however I guess now we have to address NOW and concentrate on this current board of directors and staff now at NCFC.

[quote user="ricky knight"] spent abit of dough and attract fans with a bit of backbone. [/quote]Fans with the backbone to dig in as opposed to a bunch of moaners who jump on any bandwagon they can blame - The Board, Worthington, Grant, Roeder, Fozzy, Doc, Brown, Thorne..... cool, I''m with youAs for the ''dough'' - genius.... good idea.....got any?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"] I think most of us can see that Delia and Michael (x2) have at least contributed in a positive way. Doncaster, despite his slick delivery and empty sincerity has not.[/quote]And exactly what do you consider his duties to be, very interested to hear exactly what it is you think he does and is responsible for..For example tell me what his role was during our attempts to sign Crouch.

You got me wrong Maccy P. I can see where people have the need to blame. I just don''t see the point of blaming the hired help. He''s just an easy target like Worthy was.

The reason why I am posting on this thread is because I am interested in seeing an answer to Arthurs question in the opening post. I doubt Arthur or Smudger, who came on this thread shortly after, are particularly interested in a protest against Doncaster.

Now when the Worthy out stuff first reared it''s ugly head I remember Roy Blower telling the would be protestors not to turn their attentions to Delia Smith. And now, with Grant and Roeder already gone, the only easy target left is poor old Doomy himself because I rather suspect that nobody would officially endorse a protest against Delia. I could be wrong because there''s still time for the opening post to be answered.

I won''t be protesting, not now or if we are relegated, unless deliberate wrong doing can be proved upon the custodians of our football club.

[/quote]

Good post

So IBA who do you think is to blame for a decline to the near THIRD division, just out of interest. Also Einstein i said i hope the next board has dough to spend thats what ambitous teams do, not take SPL cast offs, stiffs and kid loanees by the coach load. 

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Strange..... you seem to have a reputation for being a ''no show''

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okey doke. [:)] My point really is, though, that I''m not sure that all our woes are down to underinvestment as many seem to believe (tho it could certainly be a part of it) but more due to incompetence in management of those resources and in that respect, for me, Doncaster is more than just another puppet; that''s surely his job. Obviously depending on whether or not he is allowed to do his job as he sees fit, which i  doubt anyone on here can answer with any certainty.  

Realistically, we aren''t going to attract huge investment or a massive buy out in the current economic climate but I don''t see why we can''t expect to hire a more competent CE.     

[quote user="ricky knight"]So IBA who do you think is to blame for a decline to the near THIRD division, just out of interest. Also Einstein i said i hope the next board has dough to spend thats what ambitous teams do, not take SPL cast offs, stiffs and kid loanees by the coach load. [/quote]Why should it be a singularity that is "to blame". I see it as circumstance, we have ups, we have downs. Life, you know? A series of transfer attempts failed before the Prem season kicked off. The ITV money. A few unlucky results, it all stacks up, just like life. From a personal perspective the board have made two terrible errors, Hamilton and Hughes. Both were very obviously doomed to failure as they are known as hopeless to anyone that has any knowledge whatsoever. Grant was hailed as a coup by the footballing world (his departure from Sham finished Pardew) as he''s a great coach, unfortunately he was a shit manager - but he could have been the next Coppell. Who was to know. Roeder was subsequently,  without doubt the best applicant (it was a shitty list)that genuinely wanted the job and who''s demands we could meet. He was, even with hindsight, the best choice. Unfortunately his legendary reputation for starting well and fading came to the fore again, though he was fired at a stupid time. He should have gone either before the Transfer window opened or at the point of relegation - maybe even given the first season in League One to pull us back. If I had to point the finger I''d say players - in particular Drury, Doc and Shack. Any player that needs motivating should be fired. I''m self employed, I dont need motivating, dont work, dont eat. I''m as good as my last job.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Nutty, in my eyes the whole damn board are culpable. Doncaster makes himself the "easy" target merely by one, being more vocal and visible than the rest and two, he''s an employee, a very well paid employee with just over 100 shares, yet he runs the club, effectively. I think most of us can see that Delia and Michael (x2) have at least contributed in a positive way. Doncaster, despite his slick delivery and empty sincerity has not. I think however a new more radical and brighter CE could be appointed who might just be able to sort out the mess the board have got themselves into. It''s not an impossible task, as we will still generate income (thanks to the STs at least). I happened to think the direction of the Worthy protests were slightly miscued at the time and that the board had a lot to answer, however I guess now we have to address NOW and concentrate on this current board of directors and staff now at NCFC.[/quote]

So Gazza, if a protest against the board in endorsed by a group like NCISA do you think there will be an accompanied statement appealing that the fans keep Delia out of it like Roy Blower did with the Worthy Out protests?

Nutty, I will have to bow to your superior memory regarding what Roy Blower said re the Worthy Out protests, I really can''t remember.

On to now, and what matters now. I have no idea what kind of statement, if any, would be put out, that''s not for me to decide, but if you want an answer to whether I would protest against the board and their abilities to save this club and what they have done to get us in the position we are in then, it''s a big YES!