Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Enough of the crap-who genuinly would protest if organised?

If Tilly and co or someone else arranged a protest who would actually back it, and before I get shot down with "its not the right time-they need our support" im just genuinely curious.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]If Tilly and co or someone else arranged a protest who would actually back it, and before I get shot down with "its not the right time-they need our support" im just genuinely curious.[/quote]

Very few, Arthur - simply because (a) talk is very easy from behind a keyboard and (b) who would replace our excuse for a Board? Are there any replacements, laden with cash, waiting in the wings? I thought not............

I think you know that I would Arthur... try stopping me!!!

I also think you know that I would help arrange and offer all the support I can to such a campaign also... [;)]

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]If Tilly and co or someone else arranged a protest who would actually back it, and before I get shot down with "its not the right time-they need our support" im just genuinely curious.[/quote]

Very few, Arthur - simply because (a) talk is very easy from behind a keyboard and (b) who would replace our excuse for a Board? Are there any replacements, laden with cash, waiting in the wings? I thought not............

[/quote]

But the thing is the board have moved the goalposts and will only sell to a local, now that Cullum and the Turners have been sent packing who does that leave? A protest would not only show our displeasure at how things have been run for 3/4 seasons but also put more pressure on them to look futher than Dussindale!

[quote user="Smudger"]

I also think you know that I would help arrange and offer all the support I can to such a campaign also... [;)]

[/quote]

Do it then Mark mate, notify the press, notify the NCFC messsage boards, notify as many media outlets as possible, make it official, I can pass advice onto you but with my health problems I doubt I can do much more, I only go to the odd game now, im 72 not 17 and have a dodgy ticker,, but you could be the man to help change things. Its worth a go isnt it Mark?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

But the thing is the board have moved the goalposts and will only sell to a local, now that Cullum and the Turners have been sent packing who does that leave? A protest would not only show our displeasure at how things have been run for 3/4 seasons but also put more pressure on them to look futher than Dussindale!

[/quote]

Exactly, Arthur. The chef is probably desperate to bail out now, but there''s nobody out there, in Dussindale or beyond, who''s going to invest in a third-rate, badly-run outfit like NCFC at this moment in time.  

Yes. I would without doubt.

People keep saying it would do no good but 3 things may come of it:

1) They will start being a lot more pro active about seeking a buyer, instead of letting people come to us.

2) It may get some publicity that we are dissatisfied, meaning people will realise that and come forward and force the boards hand.

3) It may force the asking price to be lowered as they may not want to sick around.

Lets do it.

And just before i am hung. I AM a fan and i want change. I sick of seeing my club in this situation and being led by a bunch of fools.

Fools who never challenge a manager about bringing in "back up" loanees (who clearly dont improve the team), bring in dud managers, not learning from their past mistakes and fools who would know what the clubs best interests were if they poked them in the eye.

I really don''t think the club has that type of following anymore. The whole ethos of NCFC has been hijacked to the degree that it is more of a feminised social club where results aren''t the be all and end all anymore.

I know quite a few season ticket holders whose hearts lie with other clubs in distant towns and cities and Carrow Road is just "convenient" for them. Can''t see such folk protesting somehow as things are just fine as they are as long as it''s peaceful and "safe". 

Who knows Arthur? But when I suggested a silent protest outside Delia''s home (just an idea out of which I hoped to make money) there was dear old retired police officer Tilly quoting the Harassment Act at me (I presume his subscription to Police Review has lapsed?).

If it involves aggro against a 67 year old Daily Mail iconic cook and real venom we''ll be there.[:D]

Bring it on!  Sounds fun - bit like bootiful Bernard in the bird flu outbreak trying to avoid talking to us until he was hemmed in by our carbon guzzling 4x4''s when we discovered that the bootiful Norfolk turkeys actually originated from bootiful Hungary and not bootiful Norfolk.

Who would have thought, Arthur, that some of the bootiful Norfolk turkeys who gave their all to  Turkey Twizzlers began their life in Plant No 27 16km outside of Budapest?

Loan players, each and everyone one. 

To be honest i''d be up for a protest against this board, it looks like we''re going to be playing league 1 football next season and it''s all their fault. A protest would make a couple more potential buyers sit up and also help the board realise that while we''ve had some great times under them that it''s time for change.

Theres been some great memories under this board and i''d rather they went before things get really bad from the fans, some of the hate directed their way isn''t deserved, i genuinely feel that they have done what they felt was best for the club, unfortunatly i think the time has now come where whats best for the club is new ownership as what they thought was best is clearly not helping the club.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Who knows Arthur? But when I suggested a silent protest outside Delia''s home (just an idea out of which I hoped to make money) there was dear old retired police officer Tilly quoting the Harassment Act at me (I presume his subscription to Police Review has lapsed?).

If it involves aggro against a 67 year old Daily Mail iconic cook and real venom we''ll be there.[:D]

Bring it on!  Sounds fun - bit like bootiful Bernard in the bird flu outbreak trying to avoid talking to us until he was hemmed in by our carbon guzzling 4x4''s when we discovered that the bootiful Norfolk turkeys actually originated from bootiful Hungary and not bootiful Norfolk.

Who would have thought, Arthur, that some of the bootiful Norfolk turkeys who gave their all to  Turkey Twizzlers began their life in Plant No 27 16km outside of Budapest?

Loan players, each and everyone one. 

[/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Nobody is stopping you now from standing outside the club each day with your sandwich board.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]who would replace our excuse for a Board? Are there any replacements, laden with cash, waiting in the wings? I thought not............[/quote]I can''t be ar*ed with that argument anymore Link to be honest. I was firmly of that belief, that we simply couldn''t force them out until there was a viable alternative, but I have to say that after hearing the appointed members on Thursday, to carry on with them, will lead to our total demise. When faced with pressing questions about the many worrying things going on at our club, Neil and Roger repeatedly made references to the wonderful stadium etc etc and the hotel was a money spinner etc etc and would eventually be worth a considerable amount when our share of it was sold… etc etc …sadly that argument doesn''t answer where our most pressing problems lie… on the pitch.So… pause for deep breath and prepare for verbal kicking… its time to take a leap of faith.I''m not going to stop going to the games and I won''t get rid of my season ticket… that''s the whole reason I''m on a forum like this in the first place, my love of NCFC… but I''m afraid the board have to go now for the best interests of the club, whether there is a replacement or not…The mantra of prudence has become the byword by which we are now known, and it sits behind everything that has brought us to where we are now. Better that, without them, we drop to the bottom completely and rise again… rather than the torturously slow slide that will take us to the same place eventually!The time is right for a Barcelona type ownership of this club… organising it is a completely different matter… but that is the direction that we need to head, so that all decisions are made by a democratically elected committee and we never again allow ourselves to be OWNED and completely marginalised.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]If Tilly and co or someone else arranged a protest who would actually back it, and before I get shot down with "its not the right time-they need our support" im just genuinely curious.[/quote]Yes. I would.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]If Tilly and co or someone else arranged a protest who would actually back it, and before I get shot down with "its not the right time-they need our support" im just genuinely curious.[/quote]Yes. I would.

[quote user="Guy Gibsons dog."]IMO if we get stuffed against Cardiff,  they''ll be a spontaneous protest after the game.
[/quote]

Agree totally with this, if we lose, there will be a lot of angry fans.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Would that be from the warmth and comfort of The Hotel Nelson bar?I mean there would be little point in you expressing your views outside the ground would there as Munby and Doomcaster are aware of your stance as you stated on the NCISA thread.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Would that be from the warmth and comfort of The Hotel Nelson bar?I mean there would be little point in you expressing your views outside the ground would there as Munby and Doomcaster are aware of your stance as you stated on the NCISA thread.

[/quote]

Would you be prepared to organise an official protest? An answer from the NCISA to my question would help me and others understand the point of such groups during what is the clubs worse position in decades.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would you be prepared to organise an official protest? An answer from the NCISA to my question would help me and others understand the point of such groups during what is the clubs worse position in decades.

[/quote]

Silence speaks volumes doesn''t it Arthur?

They say every picture tells a story... but silence tells you more than a thousand words!!!

I doubt any official organisation would ever instigate an official protest against Delia Smith if that''s what you and Arthur are asking for.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I don''t go to the matches, but I''d turn up for a protest![/quote]To what end? You''d be better raising a serious petition and handing it to the press local and national (not that national press would be interested but you never know). You''d be better off talking to a sunday supplement to do a lifestyle article rather than a sporting angle. You have to accept that people are far more realistic than yourselves. its not apathy, far from it. Its a genuine appreciation for what they''ve done. Its an acknowledgement that the board have always made a genuine effort to make decisions that they felt were right at any given point in time (Hughes aside). Thats all they can reasonably be asked to do.You''re sometimes like petulant children demanding sweets at the checkout. They''re not your sweets and Mummys got no money. Suck your rusk

Why should we appreciate them for leading us to our lowest position in over 50 years? Any good they may have done with the infrastructure of the club has been undone with interest because of the woeful efforts on the pitch in the last few years, any other clubs fans would have hounded them out ages ago. The performance of this club has been an insult to the fans for far to long now and the blame lies farely and squarely with the board.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I doubt any official organisation would ever instigate an official protest against Delia Smith if that''s what you and Arthur are asking for.

[/quote]

who needs an official protest?? the roeder protest wasnt official and it got a mention by munby / doncaster ''post roeder''. not getting at our young fans but it would be nice to have an average age of more than 12 at the protest though!!

I would protest along with the rest of you BUT we would only number about 50 including 30 under tens,the problem we have is getting the vast majority of fans to wake up a realise that the one constant in the clubs failings in the past few years are Smith and the board,i love this club and thats why i''ve renewed my two season tickets for league 1 next season but that does not make me an idiot or a board supporter or any of the other names we have been called for renewing, i support Norwich City Football Club not the fools running it, at this point in time i''m prepared to do what it takes to get this pathetic excuse of a board out!!

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

I think you''d be suprised at the number of people who would protest.

Hundreds of us protested against Worthington when we were in a far better position in the table, I''d wager that a hell of alot of people would take part in a protest if organised.

[/quote]

So you hundreds who protested against Worthy must be feeling very pleased with yourselves now, eh?