Sign in to follow this  
rjwc22

Betting against Norwich...

Okay a bit contraversial here.

There are a lot of people who are confident we are going to lose week in week out so I was wondering if anyone has taken the next logical step and started to back the opposition.

I think this might be the way forward to compensate the ongoing poor performance but does raise a dilemna of how much would you pay to see NCFC win a champ game?  You could not stake more than this amount as otherwise you might start wanting them to lose in order to get the cash.

Anyone gone further than thinking about this and if so how much are you up this season - could you be the new Peter Cullum for us!

The only bets I place that ever seem to come in are the ones I place against Norwich. I have won many a large return betting on Norwich to lose. Its the only good thing about supporting this pathetic club. However sometimes they dissapoint you and scab a draw. [:''(]

i normally have a bet on something each match.... 6-7 seasons ago i used to go £10 on 1-0, 2-0 and 2-1 at home. these were all around 6/1. this was when we were fortress carrow road and we only normally won funnilly enough 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1!! i won over £400 profit that year!

recently i have been bet betting against norwich on this assumption....if we win FANTASTIC, if we draw well its a point and if we lose its a consolation!

I have always been careful to avoid ncfc results in accumulators etc as do not want to start wanting the win but maybe a £10 bet on them to lose might help to soften the inevitable blow.

I''ve been betting against Norwich (or laying on the exchanges) for a few years now. I''ve been watching them long enough to know when I need an insurance policy. I''ve won plenty with the biggest win laying them against Fulham when we went down. I''ve backed Norwich to go down at 4/1. It''s got a bit too unpredictable recently though and when you''re laying at 6/4 it becomes an unprofitable proposition. I dont think I''ll bother tonight but I will be betting against Norwich on Saturday - this is exactly the kinda game we''ll lose.

:)

I would think the away games would be an attractive proposition given our consistency (QPR apart).

I think I might bet the draw tonight as think we might grind something out but not have enough quality to get 3 points.

How bizzare since this Message I have bet against Norwich on the last two matches and we''ve won them both.

Lucky I only put a quid on both times but seems to be working!!

I''m putting on bets for the rest of the season. Hopefully I''ll lose £7 quid!

ha ha no need for that even in this time of economic down turn I can afford £7 quid.

Thanks though. I really do have the crappest luck with betting and never seem to win!

I put a bet on Man U today and they lost 1 - 4!!

If this keep working I may be down £50 - £60 quid next season but at least we will do the treble!!