Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Jim Gannon

Stockport manager has been linked with the vacant Brighton post. If Gunn and co don''t stay on at the end of the season, Gannon might be a good appointment- doing well with Stockport on limited resources, good at nurturing young players and reportedly plays good football. Also, according wikipedia, he is quite ambitious and holds the qualifications necessary to manage at a Premier League level.  

I posted about him shortly after Roeder was dismissed - seems to go beneath most peoples'' radars though sadly. Would have been a great appointment for us but clearly that would involve a bit of common sense for that to happen.

I must admit I hadn''t noticed your post Graham, although I would have backed him as a choice if I had. Bringing through players such as Dickinson and Rowe and taking the team up on a miniscule budget is an achievement not to be underestimated. I obviously wish Gunn and co  would do well, but at present things don''t look good, hopefully I am proven wrong and we survive with Gunn, and go to the Premiership next year, but unfortunately such scenarios only play out in my dreams and on Football Manager!