Sign in to follow this  
Essexyella

Football Rituals

Anyone out there got a ritual that they follow when attending or after the game.
Mine goes back to when we beat West Ham in the Littlewoods cup as it was then on a wednesday evening back in 91/92 i think. My boss who was a West Ham fan took me with three of his mates ( all Hammers too) and told me if Norwich won he would drop me off in Thetford forest and leave me there.
True enough after Robert Flecks scuffed penalty won us the match in the dying minutes i was dropped in a layby on the way and they made me sweat for what seemed liked hours before coming back.
My ritual was though that further along our journey home we stopped at a Kebab house in Baldock in herts where i tasted my first ever Dona Kebab.
Ever since then whenever i get to an evening game i always stop on the way home for a kebab. Dearer now though as the g/f has a chicken one too!
Anyone else out there do the same thing every game or am i mad as g/f keeps telling me!

Fairly dull but I stopped buying programmes years ago when we kept losing. Kept this tradition up for ten years but broke it at Crewe away as I wanted a souvenir from the Nationwide. Always read my mates on the long journeys home though. I also have to go in the pub before and after the game too...

"I have to go in the pub before and after a game"?! Nice one Peter! I hope the ''ritual'' includes going to the pub on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday too!

For me its sweets. My Lucky Rolos always hold me in good stead. And, bizarrely, throwing yellow and green Tiny Tots into the road at All Saints Green - if they got run over then it meant we would win. Hmm, doctor are you free now?

Never, never shave on matchdays. And this also applies to our sexy female supporters as well!. Its only a bit of hair after all, and its in Citys best interest you know.