Sign in to follow this  
Largey

Does anyone want Lappin to play simply for the 'Told You So!' moment?!

If Lappin gets a chance on the pitch (for the first team!) this season, and he has a good performance, there will simply be the biggest ''WE TOLD YOU SO!'' chant going!

Lets hope it happens :)

[quote user="Largey"]

If Lappin gets a chance on the pitch (for the first team!) this season, and he has a good performance, there will simply be the biggest ''WE TOLD YOU SO!'' chant going!

Lets hope it happens :)

[/quote]I hope so, i have always rated Lappin and i don''t think he''s been given a chance since Grant went... Bring him on!!!

As the Motherwell Manager put it to The Girl Upstairs:

"Of course I would want him. Awesome left foot.[:|]  Great dead ball kicker.  Gave us so many options.

"But I can''t match the money his Agent is asking for.  He knows what I think of him but his Agent tells him to just sit tight and take the cash.

"Could do great stuff for us but sadly I can''t get anywhere near his money."

January 2009. [:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

As the Motherwell Manager put it to The Girl Upstairs:

"Of course I would want him. Awesome left foot.[:|]  Great dead ball kicker.  Gave us so many options.

"But I can''t match the money his Agent is asking for.  He knows what I think of him but his Agent tells him to just sit tight and take the cash.

"Could do great stuff for us but sadly I can''t get anywhere near his money."

January 2009. [:|]

[/quote]Er what exactly is the point of this response Cam? Have no doubt he''s on high wages - so are a lot of ''average'' players and it''s hardly his fault (he came on a virtual free) and Croft will, and Fotheringham will try, to negotiate from the same position of strength very soon. Point is if he''s good enough he should get the chance. Just one decent free kick that goes in off the backside of Shackell will justify his inclusion right now. It may never happen. But if it does, then all those who have championed his case will, as the OP asked,  feel like saying I told you so. especially to those who have supported the case for other very average midfielders who have put in some very average performaces this season with less than average results to show for it. (Do Colchester have any players who are paid more than you think they are worth but you''d like to see in the first team now and again trying to earn their corn? Or more pertinently, do you know what we paid Velasco in total?)

So if he gets on the pitch and produces a distinctly average performance, which I would suggest is much more likely, what will you chant then?

Never before has the ability of one player been so vastly inflated by not playing and football whatsoever. Maybe because we''ve been so bad anyone who hasn''t played this season suddenly looks a better player just by virtue of disassociating themselves with the shower of sh*te that play every week. I swear I saw some posters suggesting we''d be a lot better of with Andy Hughes in the team earlier this week [:|].

Lappin is average and nothing more. A nice left foot if he''s given time to use it but lacking any pace or physicality. If you could position him on the left wing thirty yards out from goal with a shark infested moat around him to prevent the opposition closing him down then he would probably be a great asset. He''s like mild cheddar, weak tea, non-alcoholic lager and all of those Sunday night programmes on ITV that all mysteriously have the word ''heart'' in their title. Harmless, inoffensive, pointless and above all distinctly average.

Perhaps he should be given the chance if the situation arises where he is needed. Unfortunately you hit on another point which I have to answer. You mentioned many other average players, putting in average performances with less than average results. Well I have news for you .... we have too many BELOW average players putting in too many BELOW average performances on ABOVE average wages. Not just midfielkders either!

[quote user="braintree canary"]heartbeat and where the heart is. any more?[/quote]

There''s that one on at the moment set in Africa with Amanda Holden in it. Can''t remember what it''s called but it''s definately another ''Heart'' one.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="braintree canary"]heartbeat and where the heart is. any more?[/quote]

There''s that one on at the moment set in Africa with Amanda Holden in it. Can''t remember what it''s called but it''s definately another ''Heart'' one.

[/quote]

Wild at heart.....and her character died in the last series!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Never before has the ability of one player been so vastly inflated by not playing any football whatsoever.

[/quote]

Jim Brennan. He was supposed to be "the answer" in our prem season. Until he played and it turned out he was sh*te.

I would then when he play to a totally substandard level for this league again! I can tell all the people who thick just because he swung in 2 good free kick once he should play again. I TOLD YOU SO.

Players like Lappin are what is wrong with this club. Weak slow below the level cast offs. Players nobody else wants in this league. Cheap options. Wrong options.

[quote user="The Colonel"]"I told you that Lappin has never been good enough" - thats what I would be saying.[/quote]

i was there at luton when he curled the ball into the top corner and we won 3-2.... thats about all the memories i have of lappin playing!