Sign in to follow this  
chippy savory

DROP Marshall

The only change i would make to the team is David Marshall, look at the games we have lost so many valuable points due to his unforced mistakes, besides that his distribution of the ball is very poor (hoof), very poor at gathering crosses and hates to come off his line. I know all goalkeepers make mistakes but due to his errors we are in this mess, i believe its time for a change before its to late.

On the ball city

[quote user="chippy savory"]

The only change i would make to the team is David Marshall, look at the games we have lost so many valuable points due to his unforced mistakes, besides that his distribution of the ball is very poor (hoof), very poor at gathering crosses and hates to come off his line. I know all goalkeepers make mistakes but due to his errors we are in this mess, i believe its time for a change before its to late.

On the ball city

[/quote]

Been saying it all season. Not the same player he was last season. Drop him and that other useless waste of space fotheringham.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]and play who?[/quote]

Look at our squad list.

You should see Stuart Nelson (GK), Declan Rudd (GK)

There''s your answer.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Nelson is a keeper who constantly shouts at his defenders, so I would bet we''d be far more organised at the back if he was playing.[/quote]shouting means FA....he shouts constantly, and well, tbh most of it is ramblings...and the defence seem to ignore it.rudd is too young.and most of all. I TRUST MARSHALL. you can knock him, but you have to look at those around him as well. he is still a young keeper at 23, he will learn, he will mature, and he will save us. have faith,

It''s so easy to pass blame over to a goalkeeper. When a midfielder, or striker makes a mistake, it rarely leads to anything bar lost possesion. When a goalkeeper makes a mistake it nearly always leads to a goal. Hence why you notice Marshalls mistakes easier.

For example, If Cureton miskicks the ball it is most likely just going to go out of play for a goal kick. He will recieve an encouraging clap from the stands. If Marshall miskicks it, it leads to a chance of goal for them (as shown against Bristol). He will recieve the blame for the lost points. A fair difference in what they recieve for identical mistakes? I think not.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

It''s so easy to pass blame over to a goalkeeper. When a midfielder, or striker makes a mistake, it rarely leads to anything bar lost possesion. When a goalkeeper makes a mistake it nearly always leads to a goal. Hence why you notice Marshalls mistakes easier.

For example, If Cureton miskicks the ball it is most likely just going to go out of play for a goal kick. He will recieve an encouraging clap from the stands. If Marshall miskicks it, it leads to a chance of goal for them (as shown against Bristol). He will recieve the blame for the lost points. A fair difference in what they recieve for identical mistakes? I think not.

[/quote]

And at least Marshall has come out and admitted to making mistakes. Whereas some other players just make excuses.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Nelson is a keeper who constantly shouts at his defenders,[/quote]

are you having a joke?

jas :)