Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Dunkirl Spirit and too many white flags about the place

True  we  are  in  the  mire  and  have  had  little  to  shout  about  for  several seasons  and  granted  we  have  been  mismanaged  and  in  the  mire  BUT  it  really  irritates  me  with  12  games  left  and  all  to  play  for  how  many  fans  mentally  have  thrown  in  the  towel  and  are  accepting  the  worst. They  may  well  be  right  but  if  our  fathers  and  grandfathers  had  displayed  such  a  lack  of  fight  then  we  would  be  playing  in  the  German  League  now. Lots  to  play  for  lots  of  hope, it  will  probably  go  to  the  last  game  or  so  but  we  are  far  from  finished  yet, no  one  is!

i honestly think some fans particuarly on here cannot wait for relegation so that they can have there moment in the spotlight  and  fill this board up with " i told you so "   posts to there hearts content [:D]

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I''d almost certainly agree with your post from its title YC but reading it just hurts my eyes [:S][/quote]I have to agree Chunky. I''m sure YC is a decent poster but I usually skip over his posts because those gaps between words don''t make for easy reading!

We all get uptight and excited sometimes about the game and City, usually to the detriment of grammar and spelling (see Pennywise''s post above)but leaving two spaces between each word does make it hard to read.

[quote user="Grim Roeder"]We all get uptight and excited sometimes about the game and City, usually to the detriment of grammar and spelling (see Pennywise''s post above)but leaving two spaces between each word does make it hard to read.[/quote] I didn''t mean the odd rushed post, I meant the ones without any punctuation or capital letters whatsoever that have been seen on this board in the last day or two.

This thread is proof of what''s been said. We are debating the way the opening post was put together rather than the content. As I said earlier, YC''s posts are normally well presented but very difficult to read and for that reason I tend to ignore them.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]True  we  are  in  the  mire  and  have  had  little  to  shout  about  for  several seasons  and  granted  we  have  been  mismanaged  and  in  the  mire  BUT  it  really  irritates  me  with  12  games  left  and  all  to  play  for  how  many  fans  mentally  have  thrown  in  the  towel  and  are  accepting  the  worst. They  may  well  be  right  but  if  our  fathers  and  grandfathers  had  displayed  such  a  lack  of  fight  then  we  would  be  playing  in  the  German  League  now. Lots  to  play  for  lots  of  hope, it  will  probably  go  to  the  last  game  or  so  but  we  are  far  from  finished  yet, no  one  is![/quote]

Sorry - but wasn''t Dunkirk when our fathers and grandfathers did throw in the towel? I think we need a bit more of the D-Day spirit when we went into the game and got into the faces of the opposition from the off.

[quote user="yellow hammer"]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]True  we  are  in  the  mire  and  have  had  little  to  shout  about  for  several seasons  and  granted  we  have  been  mismanaged  and  in  the  mire  BUT  it  really  irritates  me  with  12  games  left  and  all  to  play  for  how  many  fans  mentally  have  thrown  in  the  towel  and  are  accepting  the  worst. They  may  well  be  right  but  if  our  fathers  and  grandfathers  had  displayed  such  a  lack  of  fight  then  we  would  be  playing  in  the  German  League  now. Lots  to  play  for  lots  of  hope, it  will  probably  go  to  the  last  game  or  so  but  we  are  far  from  finished  yet, no  one  is![/quote]

Sorry - but wasn''t Dunkirk when our fathers and grandfathers did throw in the towel? I think we need a bit more of the D-Day spirit when we went into the game and got into the faces of the opposition from the off.

[/quote]No not exactly,   Hitler stalled his offensive, giving more time to evacuate the Allies back to Blighty.  Throwing in the towel, would have meant The Gerries having a shiite load of POWs they probably didn''t really want.

[quote user="I cant smell anything"][quote user="yellow hammer"]

[/quote]No not exactly,   Hitler stalled his offensive, giving more time to evacuate the Allies back to Blighty.  Throwing in the towel, would have meant The Gerries having a shiite load of POWs they probably didn''t really want.[/quote]And lots of non-combatants getting off their ar*es and manning the flotillas of small boats to get the lads home… a nice simile for our end of season run-in. Nicely worked out YC… now, if you can just do something about that justified text!