Sign in to follow this  
cambscanary

Its the defences fault - so says the league table!!!

I know we''re supposed to defend as a team and attack as a team so its not just the back 5''s fault but the facts say it all

Conceded more than EVERY team in the league (bar Charlton and Watford)

Scored more than everyone up to QPR in 11th position (again bar Watford strangely enough).

Says it all really, we can''t defend for sh!te. if we could we''d be safe as houses!!! I know its pointless saying this sort of thing but why is it we can''t defend, why do we concede sooooooooooooo many stupid goals!!! everyone moans at us missing too many chances but the facts say otherwise!!

CambsCanary 

Not really! if we didnt miss chances we''d win 3-2 in stead of drawing or losing!

I dont care if we conceed 5 every game!

aslong as we score 6!

I think that as well as the defence we need to defend a lot better as a team. Considering we are supposedly playing at the moment with two defensive midfielders to protect the centre halves the path to goal seems remarkably easy to traverse for the opposition.

[quote user="Punting Canary"]Dougherty.......say no more....[/quote]

Our most consistant defender this season..............What about him??

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="Punting Canary"]Dougherty.......say no more....[/quote]

Our most consistant defender this season..............What about him??

[/quote]He said say no more.

Or..... it''s because you score lots of goals that you also conceed.  Look at the ''for'' and ''agianst'' of Wolves!

It''s the balance you have to get right.  I don''t think any team in the Championship, with the possible exception maybe of Reading, knows collectively when to attack and when to defend.....

[quote user="cambscanary"]

I know we''re supposed to defend as a team and attack as a team so its not just the back 5''s fault but the facts say it all

Conceded more than EVERY team in the league (bar Charlton and Watford)

Scored more than everyone up to QPR in 11th position (again bar Watford strangely enough).

Says it all really, we can''t defend for sh!te. if we could we''d be safe as houses!!! I know its pointless saying this sort of thing but why is it we can''t defend, why do we concede sooooooooooooo many stupid goals!!! everyone moans at us missing too many chances but the facts say otherwise!!

CambsCanary 

[/quote]It''s not EVERY team when it''s bar Charlton and Watford is it?We''re top of the league (bar Wolves, Birmingham, Reading, Sheff Utd, QPR, Ipswich, Doncaster) etc you get the point.

Count just how many key goals have been scored by opponents midfielders against us this season then realise just how frequently our defensive midfielders are not covering their runs...