Sign in to follow this  
canarytom

Administration

As we are clearly dead and buried now, would it be a good idea to go into administration now to prevent a 10 point deduction next season?

Unless this is a financial certainty it is to be avoided as there are worse consequences than a 10 point penalty.

If nothing else it might encourage Cullum to come sniffing again.

Who  says  we  are  dead  and  buried, 12  games  to  go  loads  of  teams  in  a  fix  we  have  at  least  a  50 %  chance  of  pulling  clear. Anyway  after  paying  for  my  season  tickets  with  about  15 000  others  i  would  be  seriously  pissed  off  if  they  were  not  honoured

[quote user="canarytom"]As we are clearly dead and buried now, would it be a good idea to go into administration now to prevent a 10 point deduction next season?[/quote]Great idea tom, let''s screw over every business that we owe money to.  That''ll create loads of good feeling in the local community.  The club is still part of the local community, isn''t it ?

[quote user="JimRoyle"]We''re hardly dead and buried! We could well be out of the bottom three by Saturday night. There is no good time to go into administration - if we do it now we WILL be relegated. I personally don''t think it''s imminent.
[/quote]

Thats very optomistic, I hope youu are right Jim, not many people walking into Ladbrokes would put their house on it though.Sad [:(]

Sorry, I may be missing something, but what does our league position have to do with administration? Administration is only a factor if the club is economically unviable, not what division we''re in. As far as I''m aware, we''re solvent but have a rubbish team, a manager who picks his team on the basis of the colour of their blood and a board who don''t appear to have much idea.

[quote user="Grim Roeder"]

[quote user="JimRoyle"]We''re hardly dead and buried! We could well be out of the bottom three by Saturday night. There is no good time to go into administration - if we do it now we WILL be relegated. I personally don''t think it''s imminent.[/quote]

Thats very optomistic, I hope youu are right Jim, not many people walking into Ladbrokes would put their house on it though.Sad [:(]

[/quote]Beat Coventry 1-0 (not an unreasonable possibility), and Forest lose at Reading (quite likely) and Bob''s your uncle!

[quote user="JimRoyle"][quote user="Grim Roeder"]

[quote user="JimRoyle"]We''re hardly dead and buried! We could well be out of the bottom three by Saturday night. There is no good time to go into administration - if we do it now we WILL be relegated. I personally don''t think it''s imminent.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Beat Coventry 1-0 (not an unreasonable possibility), and Forest lose at Reading (quite likely) and Bob''s your uncle!
[/quote]

If not will BG become your aunt!!

[quote user="canarytom"]As we are clearly dead and buried now, would it be a good idea to go into administration now to prevent a 10 point deduction next season?[/quote]

Ever considered changing your name to Suffolkpunchtom? BINNER ALERT!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="JimRoyle"][quote user="Grim Roeder"]

[quote user="JimRoyle"]We''re hardly dead and buried! We could well be out of the bottom three by Saturday night. There is no good time to go into administration - if we do it now we WILL be relegated. I personally don''t think it''s imminent.[/quote]

[/quote]Beat Coventry 1-0 (not an unreasonable possibility), and Forest lose at Reading (quite likely) and Bob''s your uncle![/quote]

If not will BG become your aunt!!

[/quote] He can if he promises to give me a tenner when it''s my birthday! [;)]

I was just trying to get in the sombre mood most people in here seem to be in. It was really just a p to the i to the s to the s take!