Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

What ever happened to Citizen Journalist Foghorn?

A lot of people have come and gone over the past few years.Is DD ever around these days?

AJ - DD resurfaced for a while a year or so ago, no idea where he is now. There aren''t a lot of the original gang still going, I guess they all have too much to do now (think quite a few were still at college/uni at the time, DD was I remember).

Still, new people and still a few old timers left!

Indeed - I respect and value CJF''s opinions.As has been said there have been a few over the years that have disappeared although I am glad that a couple have come back. Mook is also an old favourite of mine. I remember the days of the forum before this one - although this states I have been a forum member since 2003 I know for fact that I started posting on the pinkun forum back when I was in 6th form in 1998/99 - wow ten years bloomin eck and I was by no means one of the "original crew".Its a shame that in that time we have been through many things and yet it may yet have more to throw at us!

10 years? Blimey Chicken, that deserves some congrats! Ah, the old message board, think I joined in 2001. Great days, great days.CJF was great apart from when he developed an actually quite terrifying hatred of Nigel Worthington. Harbouring all that bitterness must have taken a few years off his life!

[quote user="Mook"]10 years? Blimey Chicken, that deserves some congrats! Ah, the old message board, think I joined in 2001. Great days, great days.CJF was great apart from when he developed an actually quite terrifying hatred of Nigel Worthington. Harbouring all that bitterness must have taken a few years off his life![/quote]I totally remember that but he did convince me to back his revolution in the end even though I clung to the fence dragging my nails down it like a hammer horror victim . . . . . I have to say I find it quite funny because in all that time most of us havn''t changed our user names or have low post counts compared to a lot of others who have been on here for not as long. Mind you quantity is not always a good replacement for quality.Those were good old times where people knew and understood our situation and that avoiding relegation was the first priority and then once we had got there to push on and see what else might happen. There was no expectancy just a huge push for 50points and then an air of hope and optermism. But then back then we had a reliable and resiliant defence, Fleming, Kenton, Malky, Nedergaard, Jackson etc - one of the meanest defences in the league.Mind you I find it hard now to remember CA before he infatuation with a certain Mr. Huckerby. I wonder who her hearthrobs were back then?

Try his email - phrankin @ hotmail.comBy the way, he posted this on another thread on the Pink''Un so I''m not exposing his email address against his wishes or anything

Maybe he''s just transmorgrified like some others who have been outed?

Transmutation is a much more serious business though, I fear.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Maybe he''s just transmorgrified like some others who have been outed?

Transmutation is a much more serious business though, I fear.

OTBC

[/quote]

I must confess I have had a few names on here, not because I have anything to hide, though; I just get bored with the same name after a time. I might just stick with this one for a little while. Also this is my third account here - the other two just crashed for no discernible reason.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]AJ - DD resurfaced for a while a year or so ago, no idea where he is now. There aren''t a lot of the original gang still going, I guess they all have too much to do now (think quite a few were still at college/uni at the time, DD was I remember). Still, new people and still a few old timers left![/quote]

Is DD = Dumble Delia is Magic?  When I first started reading, he was prolific.... I assumed he must have changed his user name.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Yankee Canary is always a lot more quiet these days as are Herb and Marty. I always seem to notice Marty''s posts for some reason...[6][/quote]

I''m still here! I never posted much anyway, but to be honest it''s down to time really, I''ll find time to read stuff over the odd lunch time but doubt my employers would be happy for me to spend too much time here.

I never seem to find much time at home either, not now I have a new baby guinea pig in my family, very demanding, keeps me awake with her squeaking!

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Yankee Canary is always a lot more quiet these days as are Herb and Marty. I always seem to notice Marty''s posts for some reason...[6][/quote]

I''m still here! I never posted much anyway, but to be honest it''s down to time really, I''ll find time to read stuff over the odd lunch time but doubt my employers would be happy for me to spend too much time here.

I never seem to find much time at home either, not now I have a new baby guinea pig in my family, very demanding, keeps me awake with her squeaking!

[/quote]Looking at your avatar Marty, may I recommend WD40, will certainly stop her squeaking!!

[quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

Same here, since finishing Uni and starting work (and with having no internet connection at home), i''ve found time to post has gone right down although I do every now and again. There are a lot of old faces that have disappeared!

[quote user="LeedsYellow"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]AJ - DD resurfaced for a while a year or so ago, no idea where he is now. There aren''t a lot of the original gang still going, I guess they all have too much to do now (think quite a few were still at college/uni at the time, DD was I remember). Still, new people and still a few old timers left![/quote]

Is DD = Dumble Delia is Magic?  When I first started reading, he was prolific.... I assumed he must have changed his user name.

[/quote]He sure was Dumble Delia is Magic. He was king of the message boards at the time I joined, and continued to be so for a long time. Pity he left, spose it just goes to show there are bigger and better things to do than spend time of a message boards [:P]. However, if you''re reading somewhere out there DD, feel free to post sometime [;)]