Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

NCFC Calendar 2009

January, February and March feature interesting players. We have Lupoli, Koroma and Omozusi!!!All of which are no longer here. What genius in marketing decided to put these 3 on the calendar?! Ahead of contracted players guaranteed to be here by the time 2009 rolls along.

I had to give up buying the NCFC calendar a few years ago - always seems to happen. Time to scrap it and have some of the great matches of the past every month.....Milk Cup win, ''59 cup run, Bayern, etc etc.

Not a bad idea Gazza, pictures/match report snippets from a ''great game'' played in that month, or something, would be far better.  I''ve had a couple of these calendars in the past, and you can pretty-much guarantee that at least half the players shown aren''t here by the time you get to the start of the season in August.

On a recent visit to the city I was amazed at how many of the the NCFC calendars were in the bargain bin of Borders in the Chapplefield center. I nearly got one until I looked at the pics. It was like watching an episode of Dad''s Army. "He''s left, he''s left, he''s sold, he''s disappeared, who''s that?!"

Off topic, I know, but my oddest sighting of calendars was in mid-Jan, they had about 20 Stoke City calendars in Waterstone''s in Kingston (Surrey, ie about 150 miles from Stoke)....what that was about I have no idea.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Off topic, I know, but my oddest sighting of calendars was in mid-Jan, they had about 20 Stoke City calendars in Waterstone''s in Kingston (Surrey, ie about 150 miles from Stoke)....what that was about I have no idea.[/quote]And no doubt visitors to Waterstone''s in Stoke will have been bemused by the sight of 20 Kingston Park Rangers calendars on prominent display..........[:D]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Off topic, I know, but my oddest sighting of calendars was in mid-Jan, they had about 20 Stoke City calendars in Waterstone''s in Kingston (Surrey, ie about 150 miles from Stoke)....what that was about I have no idea.[/quote]I can''t make sense of a lot of it to be honest - sports soccer or whatever it calls itself now has no Norwich shirts in it but does have Celtic and Rangers . . . . . .I know nationally these shirts probably sell better to missplaced / exiled Scots but surely in a City like Norwich or Guildford in Surrey a shirt for a team in Glasgow is not going to sell as well as something a little more local . . . . .?!!!

[quote user="ndhscanary"]

Yeh i got it as a christmas present total joke and their already selling them for a really low price in the club shop.

[/quote]

OMG the club shop is selling calenders off cheap in the new year, like everyone else in the world who has ever sold a calender.Sack the Board!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I had to give up buying the NCFC calendar a few years ago - always seems to happen. Time to scrap it and have some of the great matches of the past every month.....Milk Cup win, ''59 cup run, Bayern, etc etc.[/quote]

I think that''s a great idea Gazza!

I always have a calendar at the club and keep the old ones so when there''s  a "waste of space month" I put a picture of Iwan over the top!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I had to give up buying the NCFC calendar a few years ago - always seems to happen. Time to scrap it and have some of the great matches of the past every month.....Milk Cup win, ''59 cup run, Bayern, etc etc.[/quote]

I always have a calendar at the club and keep the old ones so when there''s  a "waste of space month" I put a picture of Iwan over the top!

[/quote]

Each to his own, I suppose.

Deals and Wynny would be much more longlasting though, not to mention the omnipresent Neilo.

[:)]

OTBC

Was on a boating holiday a few years ago in northamptonshire on a canal and stopped at a leisure resort . My then g/f supported QPR  and the spooky thing was the little shop that sold souvenirs etc only had Norwich and QPR  rock left !

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Deals and Wynny would be much more longlasting though, not to mention the omnipresent Neilo.

OTBC

[/quote]

Surprisingly no Babes. They wouldn''t be on mine. I expect they''d be on yours though but probably in February so they weren''t displayed as long as your other heroes.

MONTH

NUTTY’S CALENDAR

BABES’ CALENDAR

January

Keelan

Watling

February

Bryceland

Smith

March

Curran

South

April

Foggo

Chase

May

Peters

Chase

June

Deehan

Chase

July

Channon

Chase

August

Crook

Chase

September

Drinkell

Chase

October

Sutton

Chase

November

Roberts

Chase

December

Huckerby

Chase [|-)]

I need more months on mine but your year is 8 months too long [:|]

[quote user="ndhscanary"]

Yeh i got it as a christmas present total joke and their already selling them for a really low price in the club shop.

[/quote]

Bearing in mind that it is late Fabruary, it''s not that strange... Time to buy in!

Besides, it''s not such a bad calendar.

We''ve sent Lupoli packing in January. Spot on. 

Koroma have returned to Portsmouth by February. Another good call.

By March we have all forgotten about Omozousi.

April. Fotheringam. Fine.

May will be the month when we''ll probably lose Croft to WBA. Bull''s eye. 

Otsemobor and Russell are on a three-year deal and they''re not so hot, so probably they won''t go anywhere in June/July.

August. Marshall. ???

Stefanovic might be back in action in September. Perfect.

In October, Cureton will bang them in for fun in League One! (Or in our reserves, but in any case, he''s not that easy to lose).

November and December: Clingan and Hoolahan. Now that''s tricky.  The Calendar Team probably assumed in last October, that we''ll still play in the Champoinship in 2009/10 -- in which case it was a good call. If not, they''ll be gone by then. But I don''t blame them: a year is a long time in football.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Surprisingly no Babes. They wouldn''t be on mine. I expect they''d be on yours though but probably in February so they weren''t displayed as long as your other heroes.

MONTH

NUTTY’S CALENDAR

BABES’ CALENDAR

January

Keelan

Watling

February

Bryceland

Smith

March

Curran

South

April

Foggo

Chase

May

Peters

Chase

June

Deehan

Chase

July

Channon

Chase

August

Crook

Chase

September

Drinkell

Chase

October

Sutton

Chase

November

Roberts

Chase

December

Huckerby

Chase [|-)]

[/quote]

No defenders, eh.

Dear oh dear. Oh dear.

Just your usual lack of balance showing through no doubt, nuts.

Ah well.

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

MONTH

NUTTY’S CALENDAR

BABES’ CALENDAR

January

Keelan

Watling

February

Bryceland

Smith

March

Curran

South

April

Foggo

Chase

May

Peters

Chase

June

Deehan

Chase

July

Channon

Chase

August

Crook

Chase

September

Drinkell

Chase

October

Sutton

Chase

November

Roberts

Chase

December

Huckerby

Chase [|-)]

[/quote]

No defenders, eh.

Dear oh dear. Oh dear.

Just your usual lack of balance showing through no doubt, nuts.

Ah well.

OTBC

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]Off topic, I know, but my oddest sighting of calendars was in mid-Jan, they had about 20 Stoke City calendars in Waterstone''s in Kingston (Surrey, ie about 150 miles from Stoke)....what that was about I have no idea.[/quote]

I can''t make sense of a lot of it to be honest - sports soccer or whatever it calls itself now has no Norwich shirts in it but does have Celtic and Rangers . . . . . .I know nationally these shirts probably sell better to missplaced / exiled Scots but surely in a City like Norwich or Guildford in Surrey a shirt for a team in Glasgow is not going to sell as well as something a little more local . . . . .?!!!
[/quote]

A sport shop in Uxbridge (west london), where I go to uni has Arsenl, Chelsea, Man U, Fulham, Rangers, Celtic and .................. BIRMINGHAM.  Now that does not make any sense. They didnt even have a Spurs shirt or even QPR.

Oh, that idea is just SO last Millennium, Gazza.......... but only because if they just used post-2000 pictures there''d be a lot of empty spaces.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]Off topic, I know, but my oddest sighting of calendars was in mid-Jan, they had about 20 Stoke City calendars in Waterstone''s in Kingston (Surrey, ie about 150 miles from Stoke)....what that was about I have no idea.[/quote]

I can''t make sense of a lot of it to be honest - sports soccer or whatever it calls itself now has no Norwich shirts in it but does have Celtic and Rangers . . . . . .I know nationally these shirts probably sell better to missplaced / exiled Scots but surely in a City like Norwich or Guildford in Surrey a shirt for a team in Glasgow is not going to sell as well as something a little more local . . . . .?!!!
[/quote]

Correct me if I''m wrong, but didn''t City stop all local traders from selling Norwich shirts etc. a few years ago? Seem to remember all replica shirts removed from sale on the market.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

Oh, that idea is just SO last Millennium, Gazza.......... but only because if they just used post-2000 pictures there''d be a lot of empty spaces.

[/quote]

Well how about nutty''s post - 2000 Best Goals This Millennium Calendar. No empty spaces but not enough months!

MONTH

NUTTY’S POST 2000 GOALS

January

Roberts V Scum

February

Needergard V Coventry

March

Libra V Manchester City

April

Roberts V Birmingham at Cardiff

May

Huckerby V Cardiff

June

Huckerby V MK Dons

July

Ashton V Manchester City

August

Safri V Newcastle

September

Huckerby V Birmingham

October

Evans V Cardiff

November

Croft V Scum

December

Hoolahan V Southampton

Come the end of the season,i doubt there will be many people on that calendar still at Norwich. Must win on Saturday but i see no chance of us scoring as we have no goalscorer.

Maybe they could put 12 fans in the calandar next year cause you can reply on most of us sticking around!!