Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

How about this for a bit of nonsense?

"Can you stop leaning forward?"  Oh dear!  I''ve had encounters like that in the past.

Remember once having an almighty row with two old blokes at Brighton who kept blaming me for obstructing their view, ignoring the fact there were about 10 rows of people in front of me all standing. 

Incredible isn''t it?I know posters on message boards sometimes get told to pull their necks in, but ''craning'' during a match?!You''ve got to feel for the ''Boro fans though. Possibly the best owner a club could ask for but with less than zero to get excited about in any 9 out of 10 seasons. Football is the release of the common man/woman. There''s nowhere else I (for example) can behave like an unbridled 8 year old and the day you''re told to be quiet in the ground, for whatever reason, is the beginning of the end.Sing up ''Boro fans; sing up because your team needs you!

It''s things like that which make me lose the will to live.

How anyone, especially a club official, can suggest that everyones matchday experience be enhanced by prolonged silence is beyond me. I hope the offending lady is dismissed from a post she is obviously incapable of holding. And whomever appointed her or allowed her to make press statements.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Yes indeed. Had similar stories from siting in the city stand.[/quote]

Tell me about it!! i was asked to stop leaning forward by two old codgers, i won''t sit there again in a hurry!![:@]

The whole article was really good, and made me laugh quite a bit.

This has to be the best bit though; "It is the right of every Englishman at a football match to fall asleep if they want to."What is this world coming to?!

[quote user="AJ"]The whole article was really good, and made me laugh quite a bit.

This has to be the best bit though; "It is the right of every Englishman at a football match to fall asleep if they want to."

What is this world coming to?!
[/quote]

You can''t help it watching Norwich.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]That''s very sad and pathetic.......You read the Guardian???[/quote]

Dosen''t everyone?[:D]

[quote user="LQ"]Incredible isn''t it?

I know posters on message boards sometimes get told to pull their necks in, but ''craning'' during a match?!

You''ve got to feel for the ''Boro fans though. Possibly the best owner a club could ask for but with less than zero to get excited about in any 9 out of 10 seasons. Football is the release of the common man/woman. There''s nowhere else I (for example) can behave like an unbridled 8 year old and the day you''re told to be quiet in the ground, for whatever reason, is the beginning of the end.

Sing up ''Boro fans; sing up because your team needs you!

[/quote]

Are you the same demented, board loving LQ off the Offy site dear?[:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]In the same way you''re the same demeaning, insulting, flip-flopping, ar*e kissing, hard of thinking 1st Lizard?

*Sigh*I imagine the ''Board loving'' insult gets chucked at anyone with more than half a brain who has a realistic view of football and the knowledge to back up what they say with facts rather than rumour mongering and club bashing with the luxury of anonymity?''Demented'' is a new one on me though Fist Wizard. Keep it up chap, you''ll be original one day.

[quote user="LQ"]*Sigh*

I imagine the ''Board loving'' insult gets chucked at anyone with more than half a brain who has a realistic view of football and the knowledge to back up what they say with facts rather than rumour mongering and club bashing with the luxury of anonymity?

''Demented'' is a new one on me though Fist Wizard. Keep it up chap, you''ll be original one day.

[/quote]

So are you the same?

Because if so, you''ve rubbished us on here a few times haven''t you deary?

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

In the same way you''re the same demeaning, insulting, flip-flopping, ar*e kissing, hard of thinking 1st Lizard?
[/quote]

Oh I love it when you talk dirty![:D]

"Rubbished"?Not sure I get what you''re on about (or how relevant it is to the thread).

[quote user="LQ"]"Rubbished"?

Not sure I get what you''re on about (or how relevant it is to the thread).

[/quote]

Ah, it is Lisa then, never a straight answer![:|]

How can some people go to a football match and expect it to be like going to the theatre?

Its a football stadium. Even people who never go to games (my mother for instance) know what to expect. Just ignore these people and continue as normal. They''ll be the ones who get fed up and clear off in the end.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="LQ"]"Rubbished"?Not sure I get what you''re on about (or how relevant it is to the thread).

[/quote]

Ah, it is Lisa then, never a straight answer![:|]

[/quote]You need to start a thread to discuss Arsenal,  and how they''re slipping back since Bergkamp retired.[;)]

[quote user="JJ"]

"Can you stop leaning forward?"  Oh dear!  I''ve had encounters like that in the past.

Remember once having an almighty row with two old blokes at Brighton who kept blaming me for obstructing their view, ignoring the fact there were about 10 rows of people in front of me all standing. 

[/quote]

The worse fan i saw was this very grumpy old **** who literally pulled a kid in front back down by his hood.The same old gent who had a go at another bloke because his young child was fidgeting.This was in the Jarrold,so the old git was probably trying to kip.