Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Warning: Bell's on a mission...

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Seven assists for the amount of time he had on the pitch was bloody amazing. [/quote]

I think it would be fair to point out that a lot of those assists were from corners and set plays and that a couple of the players that got on the end of them are no longer here either.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Seven assists for the amount of time he had on the pitch was bloody amazing. [/quote]

I think it would be fair to point out that a lot of those assists were from corners and set plays and that a couple of the players that got on the end of them are no longer here either.

[/quote]

maybe nn,  but the fact we scored from set pieces with him and dont and cant without him means it remains a skill,  dont ya think?

Croft and clingan in particular have had enough tries themselves without succeeding as often between them 

if thats true thats amazing!

but he only really had 1 great game for us!

[quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]

[/quote]

its on canaries own site so hard to denounce.

1 great game is still more than most our squad have managed this season!  Croft?  how many great games but with no end product?

What game did he play where he was great ????????????????????????????????????????????????

[/quote]

What game did he play where he was great ????????????????????????????????????????????????

[/quote]

[quote user="Zlf"][quote user="nuttynigel"]

[quote user="Mrarrow"]Seven assists for the amount of time he had on the pitch was bloody amazing. [/quote]

[/quote]

maybe nn,  but the fact we scored from set pieces with him and dont and cant without him means it remains a skill,  dont ya think?

Croft and clingan in particular have had enough tries themselves without succeeding as often between them 

[/quote]don''t forget fozzy takes a mean corner!!![:$]

To be honest I wasn''t overly impressed with these comments from Bell. He was injured a lot, didn''t set the world on fire when he did play and then jumped ship at the first opportunity. Ok so he wanted to be closer to his family....but he knew where Norwich was when he signed for us. I think he would have been better just to keep quiet....!

[quote user="Prudence"]Apparently he knows all our weaknesses. He was a weakness when he was here. Lazy tosspot.[/quote] Yeah it''s a bit rich saying that really after his time here and manner of departure. No need for it!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I listed these on another thread and I saw them all so I know it was seven assists but here they are again. Bell took the corner and free kick for Kennedy''s two goals. He took the corner when Lita scored against PNE. He also took the free kick when Lita had the presence to get that blood speckled scummer off the field for Pattisons goal. Doherty''s header on our annual pilgrimage to defeat at Selhurst was from a Bell free kick. Pattison''s goal against Forest and Russell''s header for our 4th against Barnsley came from open play assists.

ZLF - I totally agree that delivery on set plays remains a skill and Bell was the best we have had for some time. The point I was trying to make, although not very well, was that it was a combination of Bells delivery alongside Kennedy and Lita''s ability to get on the end of it that scored the goals. After I saw Kennedy score at Derby I said that provided they stayed fit I could see that combination scoring at least half a dozen goals this season. Unfortunately neither stayed fit and both are now gone. Doherty is now our only real aerial threat from set plays and once again we are easy to defend against so in my opinion if Bell was still here he wouldn''t be so dangerous.