Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

PREDICTION FOR SAT!!

I Reckon 2-0 to Sky Blues!! Bell to get a amazing response from the Carra Road faithful, then sticks a low shot in the bottom corner, runs over to the away fans swinging his shirt in the air, with print on his shirt saying "Needed to be closer to Midlands"! then we all go home moaning!! Morrison to score the first!

[quote user="First Wizard"]Did City NOT stipulate that Bell can''t play against us so soon after his transfer to them, and if not, why not?[/quote]

because Coventry paid Cash for him Wiz.. it only applies to a loan... once they have paid for him he''s there player and they can do what they like... we had no say.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Did City NOT stipulate that Bell can''t play against us so soon after his transfer to them, and if not, why not?[/quote]

because Coventry paid Cash for him Wiz.. it only applies to a loan... once they have paid for him he''s there player and they can do what they like... we had no say.

jas :)

[/quote]I thought this happend with Mckenzie, and it has happend with other players, it is a term of the sale, i guess. but someone in the thread said this cant happen any more :(

Draw at best, followed on Monday by player interviews talking about how we need to put a run of results together, but that morale is high in the dressing room, and everyone is confident that we''ll stay up.

As I hate Covenrty with a passion (lived there for 4 years, it''s a dump), I want a Norwich win more than usual PLUS who can ever forget the season during the 80s when we were all but safe in the top division and Cov had to win their last 3 games to stay up... and they did because their opponents were already in holiday mode.

I''m oddly confident about us getting at least a point from this one.  Coventry are not good at getting wins on the road.  4 wins, 6 draws, 6 defeats.  They have a pretty tight defence though, where we have scored 29 times and conceded 23 times in 16 home games, Cov have conceded 19 times in 16 away games.  16 goals scored on their travels suggests a tight game, a mistake on either side, or on the part of the ref, will probably win the game.I think it''ll be either a 1-1 draw or 2-1 to us.  Go on then, 2-1 to us.

We usually beat them at home and lose away.

Also they had a big game midweek so I confidently predict a 2-1 victory.

[quote user="K Lo"]As I hate Covenrty with a passion (lived there for 4 years, it''s a dump), I want a Norwich win more than usual PLUS who can ever forget the season during the 80s when we were all but safe in the top division and Cov had to win their last 3 games to stay up... and they did because their opponents were already in holiday mode.[/quote]That''s something I have never forgiven Everton for, especially as they "rested" some star players [:@]I think it will be 2-1 or 1-0 Norwich.

[quote user="canari francais"]Another 1-1 draw. Not that draws are any use to us these days....[/quote]Before a couple of teams had used up their games in had, I''d have agreed with you, but now they have, I''ll disagree.  But only because I''ve had a look at the current form table, adapted from here :Plymouth 0 2 4 = 2Barnsley 1 1 4 = 4Watford  1 1 4 = 4Palace   1 1 4 = 4Soton    1 2 3 = 5Wolves   1 2 3 = 5Charlton 2 0 4 = 6Derby    2 0 4 = 6Norwich  1 3 2 = 6The teams in bold are our fellow strugglers.  Even forest, who have 10 points from the last 6, have really struggled in the last 3 games with 1 point I think, and are back in the mire with us.In a long, slow, painful mud-wrestling competition like this, picking up regular points will be the difference between staying up and going down.Because I have time on my hands, I''ve taken the current form points for the last 6 matches for the bottom 7 teams and applied it (roughly) to the remaining games.Forest have 12 games left.  10 points from the last 6 games * 2 = 20 points.  Add that to their current total and you get 54 points.Plymouth have 12 games left.  2 points from the last 6 games * 2 = 4.  4 + 36 (current points) = 40.Barnsley have 14 games left.  2 * 4 = 8, add on a couple more for the other 2 games, say 10 points for the rest of the season. 10 + 36 = 46.Watford have 14 games left.  Current form should give them about 10 points, the same as Barnsley.  10 + 36 = 46Southampton have 13 games left.  5 * 2 = 10, add 1 for good measure, which gives them 11 points.  11 + 31 = 42Charlton have 13 games left.  A point per game on current form would give them 13 points fro mthe remaining games.  13 + 26 = 39.Norwich have 12 games left.  A point per game = 12 points from the remaining games. 12 + 33 = 45 points.So if the remaining games went according to current form, the bottom of the table would look like this :Forest 54 (somewhere in mid-table)Barnsley 46Watford 46Norwich 45Southampton 42Plymouth 40Charlton 39If other teams continue their current form, a point per game might just be enough.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canari francais"]Another 1-1 draw. Not that draws are any use to us these days....[/quote]

Before a couple of teams had used up their games in had, I''d have agreed with you, but now they have, I''ll disagree.  But only because I''ve had a look at the current form table, adapted from here :

Plymouth 0 2 4 = 2
Barnsley 1 1 4 = 4
Watford  1 1 4 = 4
Palace   1 1 4 = 4
Soton    1 2 3 = 5
Wolves   1 2 3 = 5
Charlton 2 0 4 = 6
Derby    2 0 4 = 6
Norwich  1 3 2 = 6

The teams in bold are our fellow strugglers.  Even forest, who have 10 points from the last 6, have really struggled in the last 3 games with 1 point I think, and are back in the mire with us.

In a long, slow, painful mud-wrestling competition like this, picking up regular points will be the difference between staying up and going down.

Because I have time on my hands, I''ve taken the current form points for the last 6 matches for the bottom 7 teams and applied it (roughly) to the remaining games.

Forest have 12 games left.  10 points from the last 6 games * 2 = 20 points.  Add that to their current total and you get 54 points.

Plymouth have 12 games left.  2 points from the last 6 games * 2 = 4.  4 + 36 (current points) = 40.

Barnsley have 14 games left.  2 * 4 = 8, add on a couple more for the other 2 games, say 10 points for the rest of the season. 10 + 36 = 46.

Watford have 14 games left.  Current form should give them about 10 points, the same as Barnsley.  10 + 36 = 46

Southampton have 13 games left.  5 * 2 = 10, add 1 for good measure, which gives them 11 points.  11 + 31 = 42

Charlton have 13 games left.  A point per game on current form would give them 13 points fro mthe remaining games.  13 + 26 = 39.

Norwich have 12 games left.  A point per game = 12 points from the remaining games. 12 + 33 = 45 points.

So if the remaining games went according to current form, the bottom of the table would look like this :

Forest 54 (somewhere in mid-table)
Barnsley 46
Watford 46
Norwich 45
Southampton 42
Plymouth 40
Charlton 39

If other teams continue their current form, a point per game might just be enough.
[/quote]

Interesting work Blah. I think you''re definitely correct when you say that a steady accrual of points could be enough, and this is a better comparison model than guessing how many points we''ll need based on previous seasons.

I think we''ll win on Saturday, and I don''t know why, but I feel it will be comfortable for a change. No theory, just gut reaction![+o(]