Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

Bellamy

Played for 8 teams in 12 years of pro football ! I wonder what the final figure will be at the end of his career?

It will be a tricky question in a sports quiz one day!

Sorry it''s been a long boring morning!

I remember his debut.I thought what afunny looking  little guy and he popped up and scored 2 against Birmingham in front of a crowd of less than 10 000 if memory serves me right!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I remember his debut.I thought what afunny looking  little guy and he popped up and scored 2 against Birmingham in front of a crowd of less than 10 000 if memory serves me right![/quote]

Yes brilliant game, 9300 or something, and one of the best games i''ve seen, Peter Ndlove score 2 or 3 i think too, including a great back hell to make t 3-3

Yep I was there that night, watching the game alongside a certain Mr. Gunn in an exec box (I was invited through work.) I still think the crowd was lower when Charlton spanked us 4-0 at home. Although that attendance was recorded around the low 10,000 mark, it was nowhere near that.

Bellamy is one of those strange players - undoubtedly has the tallent but his attitude seems to prevent him from getting on with most managers. They say that Hughes likes him and gets on well with him but then I would think the two are not to dissimiler. Hughes used to play with an attitude and like Bellamy it is one of the things that made him a good player.I can''t understand Benitez though - he let Bellamy go and then fail to replace him with anything decent - sure they have Torres but could you imagine a Torres and Bellamy combination? The pace, the skill and the goals?!!! Then West Ham seemingly the only interested party.One thing that got my goat was ITV the other night and the absoloute idiots that bother to call them selves critics said that he isn''t a natural goalscorer and could only score 15 or 16 goals a season.I am sorry but if you look at the teams Bellamy has played at he has shown that he is more than capable of scoring more goals than that - he has had injury problems coupled with Liverpool''s supposed rotation system etc. To top it off he scores two goals for Man City in that game - both very well taken. He now has three goals in five games and I think will be prolific with the sort of chances he is likely to both create and score. 

I think we''re one of the few clubs that Bellamy has left on good terms!

[quote user="JJ"]

I think we''re one of the few clubs that Bellamy has left on good terms!

[/quote] You''re probably right mate...loved his golf club celebration in the Champions league after his spat with Riise!!