Sign in to follow this  
lobster catcher

held to ransom

I have just cancelled my auto renew,i feel i am being forced to commit my money before i see what the boards plans are.Its wrong that i have to make such an early decision to save myself money.I think the club should hold the early renew prices over till may when we will have more of an idea to whats going on.If we get relegated and our tickets are discounted will we be better off than people paying on the day.Surely the club is going to have to drop prices to get people in.This season the southampton game was priced at £15 i expect there will be many more next season if we go down.I could end up saving so little i might as well pick and choose the games i want and pay on the day

[quote user="lobster catcher"]I have just cancelled my auto renew,i feel i am being forced to commit my money before i see what the boards plans are.Its wrong that i have to make such an early decision to save myself money.I think the club should hold the early renew prices over till may when we will have more of an idea to whats going on.If we get relegated and our tickets are discounted will we be better off than people paying on the day.Surely the club is going to have to drop prices to get people in.This season the southampton game was priced at £15 i expect there will be many more next season if we go down.I could end up saving so little i might as well pick and choose the games i want and pay on the day[/quote]

Good for you lobster, it was a sneaky policy at best, at worse it was.............................

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="lobster catcher"]I have just cancelled my auto renew,i feel i am being forced to commit my money before i see what the boards plans are.Its wrong that i have to make such an early decision to save myself money.I think the club should hold the early renew prices over till may when we will have more of an idea to whats going on.If we get relegated and our tickets are discounted will we be better off than people paying on the day.Surely the club is going to have to drop prices to get people in.This season the southampton game was priced at £15 i expect there will be many more next season if we go down.I could end up saving so little i might as well pick and choose the games i want and pay on the day[/quote]

Good for you lobster, it was a sneaky policy at best, at worse it was.............................

[/quote]

Nobody forces anybody to renew.

It''s relying on the Norfolk trait of getting something cheap.

Andy Cullun was no fool and played on that fact.

Wait and renew when you know the situation, why pay for a product BEFORE you know what it is going to be.

UNLESS you are going to go regardless of any situation.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]...something that never affected you.

You could always renew now, and if you feel different over the summer cancel it?! I have renewed, live by the sword, die by the sword!

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]

You could always renew now, and if you feel different over the summer cancel it?! I have renewed, live by the sword, die by the sword!

[/quote]

Ditto,

I have also now paying by D/D this season-next season but will cancell if need be who knows what will happen between now and May,we could even be lucky and get Ched till May   

Why not let it carry on running until you see something you like or dislike, and if you are miffed enough cancel the DD.

Imagine the irony if we did go down and the ticket cost more at L1 level than it did at Champ. Norwich v Southampton would definitely be a Cat 1 game in L1 wouldn''t it??!!![:O]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Why not let it carry on running until you see something you like or dislike, and if you are miffed enough cancel the DD.

[/quote]Problem is if you let it run you have agreed a contract with the club,they could take you to court if you cancel the dd without a good reason.

No problem with you cancelling. If  you decide to renew in a couple of months you will pay more and you can''t pay over 12 months so the club get more money and sooner. If you decide not to renew we all gain from having one less glory hunting supporter taking up a seat at Carrow Road.

[quote user="jbghost"]No problem with you cancelling. If  you decide to renew in a couple of months you will pay more and you can''t pay over 12 months so the club get more money and sooner. If you decide not to renew we all gain from having one less glory hunting supporter taking up a seat at Carrow Road.[/quote]We all gain do we.What sort of halfwitted,delia loving inbred are you.So you will gain cos i don''t commit myself to spend another £600 in advance not knowing what division we will even be in.With blinked fu@kwits like you supporting the club it''s no wonder the board think they are doing a great job.And for your information ,i went to my first game in 1975 and have been quite regularly since so glory hunting i am not,you deluded fool!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="jbghost"]No problem with you cancelling. If  you decide to renew in a couple of months you will pay more and you can''t pay over 12 months so the club get more money and sooner. If you decide not to renew we all gain from having one less glory hunting supporter taking up a seat at Carrow Road.[/quote]We all gain do we.What sort of halfwitted,delia loving inbred are you.So you will gain cos i don''t commit myself to spend another £600 in advance not knowing what division we will even be in.With blinked fu@kwits like you supporting the club it''s no wonder the board think they are doing a great job.And for your information ,i went to my first game in 1975 and have been quite regularly since so glory hunting i am not,you deluded fool!!!!!!!!![/quote]

So I think what you are saying between all the childish insults is tha tyou will stop supporting the team if we are relegated.

I couldn''t give a tos when you first went to Carrow Road. With a mind like yours we all be well rid of you.

[quote user="Mange Tout"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]...something that never affected you.

[/quote]

Of course it did you blithering fool, I was a season ticket holder for many years![:|]

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="jbghost"]No problem with you cancelling. If  you decide to renew in a couple of months you will pay more and you can''t pay over 12 months so the club get more money and sooner. If you decide not to renew we all gain from having one less glory hunting supporter taking up a seat at Carrow Road.[/quote]We all gain do we.What sort of halfwitted,delia loving inbred are you.So you will gain cos i don''t commit myself to spend another £600 in advance not knowing what division we will even be in.With blinked fu@kwits like you supporting the club it''s no wonder the board think they are doing a great job.And for your information ,i went to my first game in 1975 and have been quite regularly since so glory hunting i am not,you deluded fool!!!!!!!!![/quote]

On a serious note, would you stop going if we were relegated to league 1?

Personally I support Norwich City FC and will be there no matter what league we are playing in.

First Wiz, as far as I know this is the first year they have introduced the auto-renew, whereby if you don''t do anything your direct debits continue on the assumption you want to renew. Previously you had to send in a renewal confirmation. Either way, I don''t see what''s sneaky about it. There aren''t many other products you can buy at a reduced price with payments spread over a year with no interest. How many other clubs do this, I wonder? It seems a very good deal for loyal fans, and something to be applauded rather than moaned about. No, you don''t know what quality of football you''re going to be watching, but that is the nature of the game. The only issue is whether we are in League One, and they have set out what will happen in that case. I can''t see them undercutting season ticket prices by having casual seats cheaper than they are for season ticket holders, as that would undermine the market for season tickets. Lobster, no-one is forcing you to do anything, they are just rewarding people who are prepared to commit to next season at this stage. If you don''t want to do that, that''s fine, but I can''t see anything ''wrong'' in the early renew discount.

OTBC   

Lobster I was simply questioning your need to tell everyone you wern''t going to renew your season ticket. All I got in response was a load of childish abuse. Bottom line is it is up to you if you renew or not. If you don''t want to come to Carrow Road anymore then fine.

If we do get relegated those of us who have renewed will benefit from some of the cheapest football in division 1. Crewe I believe have the cheapest season tickets at £270 (if they don''t put them up at all) compared to Leeds at £391 (Same area as Barclay) or £553 (same as Jarrold )

In comparison anyone renewing by tomorrow at Norwich will pay £292 after the 20% rebate.

Unless you really have no intention of coming next season there really is no justification in not taking advantage of the discount and 12 months interest free option of payment.

I have every intention of coming next season,my gripe is the auto renewing being so early.Most people will auto renew to get the discount,then the board will come out with"record season ticket renewals"

The board will then spin us the everything is hunky dorey at carrow road line,and will give us another season of loanee''s and crap football.

I just think they should have given us an extra month of the discounted prices as a thank you for our loyal support.

I also predict that if we go down and don''t drop the prices to around £15-£18 a seat we will only get crowds of 16-18 thousand

And before anyone says thats good for div 1,i will just say thats not really the point is it!

[quote user="The Colonel"]

On a serious note, would you stop going if we were relegated to league 1?

Personally I support Norwich City FC and will be there no matter what league we are playing in.

[/quote]I will still go i expect,i would like to see seats reduced to around £15-£18 though

[quote user="Big Dave"]

Lobster Catcher''s correct. That JCbhost is a prize plonker, and an argumentative clueless idiot.

[/quote]thanks dave was begining to think i was the one at fault....lol

[quote user="The Original Pinkun Poster"]is it because your to busy catching lobsters you had to give it up!??![/quote]always busy catching lobsters,delia''s is my best customer.......lol