Sign in to follow this  
The Butler

HELP

Not football related but the Butler needs someones help.

I have been discussing with my wife our first date!

We went for a chinese at the Lanchow restaurant on Prince Of  Wales road and then to the cinema .

It was the Regent/ABC date was 24th February 1965 we can''t(for many reasons) remember what was showing.

Can anybody out in Pinkun land help PLEASE!!

[quote user="The Butler"]

Not football related but the Butler needs someones help.

I have been discussing with my wife our first date!

We went for a chinese at the Lanchow restaurant on Prince Of  Wales road and then to the cinema .

It was the Regent/ABC date was 24th February 1965 we can''t(for many reasons) remember what was showing.

Can anybody out in Pinkun land help PLEASE!!

[/quote]Dear, oh dear, oh dear. Clearly a case of  "what the butler DIDN''T see" [:$]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1965_in_film#Films_released_in_1965That page lists all of the films released that year - hopefully that is of some help to you.My birthday was just over 17 years after that so I am afraid that I can not recolect any details myself.

[quote user="chicken"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1965_in_film#Films_released_in_1965That page lists all of the films released that year - hopefully that is of some help to you.My birthday was just over 17 years after that so I am afraid that I can not recolect any details myself.[/quote]Good idea but looking at the date of February 1965 and the fact that release dates tend to be US release dates with the UK one following a few months later I''d suggest The Butler looks at 1964 releases. Here LINKSome really good films out that year, the original Pink Panther, Zulu, 633 squadron, Fistful and a couple of Carry Ons.I bet Pink Panther or Zulu.

PLEASE keep trying lads  as I don''t want to lose this one!!!!!!

I had  very little money and had to organise a card game in the "Black Boys" in Colegate to raise some funds. (I was good at 3 card brag)

Won enough to treat the night BUT still not remembered the film.

I had  very little money and had to organise a card game in the "Black Boys" in Colegate to raise some funds. (I was good at 3 card brag)

[/quote]if you still can''t remember - must have been on the back seats!!![H]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

if you still can''t remember - must have been on the back seats!!![H]
[/quote]

Yes 1/9d in old money AND WORTH EVERY 21d well it must have been we have been married 40years.

Could have been:

Cat Ballou

The Cincinnati Kid

Thunderball...... or you may have already answered the question yourself with the subject heading of HELP!! starring the Beatles[:)]

Funnily enough the first time I was taken to the cinema in Norwich was in 1965 when I was 3 and the film was The Sound of Music. As that was probably the top film of the year the odds are that was the one you saw too - do you recall a snotty nosed three year old in the row in front of you?;-)

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

We have agreed it was Zorba the Greek with Anthony Quinn.

I knew I could rely on The Pinkun pickers to help[:D]

[/quote]

With a wonderful musical score by Mikis Theodorakis which my daughter played a fortnight ago as part of an evening of extracts from great film scores - Gone With The Wind, Exodus, Streetcar Named Desire, High Noon, Star Wars, Ben Hur, Goldfinger et al.  She had a wonderful time.  Full house, great night she said.

Obviously a good choice, congratulations on your ''anniversary''.[:D]BTW Did you know Anthony Quinn filmed the movie with a broken foot and as a result the ''traditional'' dance he performed caused minor outrage amongsts the Greeks who thought Hollywood was taking the mickey.

[quote user="Buckethead"]Obviously a good choice, congratulations on your ''anniversary''.[:D]

BTW Did you know Anthony Quinn filmed the movie with a broken foot and as a result the ''traditional'' dance he performed caused minor outrage amongsts the Greeks who thought Hollywood was taking the mickey.

[/quote]

No I did''t know that one BUT I would have been the one limping if I had forgotten!!

[/quote]

This Saturday around ten to five instead of ''Zorba'' - it may be the old classic "We''re up the Creek!"..... I think we should all bring a paddle.