Sign in to follow this  
AJ

FAO MODS; Important suggestion.

Can threads that are, say, a couple of months old automatically move into a subforum for old threads?It would solve a lot of problems as people repeatedly bringing up old threads for no good reason is beginning to become a big issue on this boards.Sort it out please!

[quote user="Canary of Manchester"]

[quote user="AJ"]Can threads that are, say, a couple of months old automatically move into a subforum for old threads?It would solve a lot of problems as people repeatedly bringing up old threads for no good reason is beginning to become a big issue on this boards.Sort it out please![/quote]

moan moan moan

[/quote]Thank you for your excellent contribution.

[quote user="AJ"]Can threads that are, say, a couple of months old automatically move into a subforum for old threads?

It would solve a lot of problems as people repeatedly bringing up old threads for no good reason is beginning to become a big issue on this boards.

Sort it out please!
[/quote]

No don''t agree.  Sometimes there''s a good reason for bringing up a previous thread, and even if there isn''t I can''t see the harm.  Definitely doesn''t justify censorship.  Ignore it if it bothers you.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

[quote user="AJ"]Can threads that are, say, a couple of months old automatically move into a subforum for old threads?

It would solve a lot of problems as people repeatedly bringing up old threads for no good reason is beginning to become a big issue on this boards.

Sort it out please!
[/quote]

No don''t agree.  Sometimes there''s a good reason for bringing up a previous thread, and even if there isn''t I can''t see the harm.  Definitely doesn''t justify censorship.  Ignore it if it bothers you.

[/quote]

EXACTLY

Sort it out please!
[/quote]

Yes come on Mods, we''ve had at least 3 five year old threads dragged up in the past couple of days for no reason at all.

One thread that was dragged up today with a post that said ''''hi'''' ???????????

[quote user="cityangel"] 

Yes come on Mods, we''ve had at least 3 five year old threads dragged up in the past couple of days for no reason at all.

One thread that was dragged up today with a post that said ''''hi'''' ???????????

[/quote]* What''s that CA? Three threads that you''ve clicked on and found to be of no interest! What did you do? How did you cope with the realisation that you''ll never get those thirty seconds back? Clearly the whole format needs to be changed so that such major inconveniences are no longer an issue to you.* This paragraph may contain a tiny amount of sarcasm.

Mods,

These threads are all 2003 threads which have been dragged up in the last few days for no reason at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Hucks

2) How on earth did Flem miss

3) Huckerby deal unlikely

4) 30 goal striker

5) Division 1 manager of the month for September

[quote user="cityangel"] 

[/quote]Well CA, Judging by the amount of lurkers who recently surfaced on the least active thread, I would say that there''s also been a lot of 5 year registered but inactive posters dragged up in the past couple of days too!

Sorry but this kind of thing has gone on for the few years I''ve been on here and I''m sure it will continue.  Almost certainly happens on other forums too.What about the old Ardee threads that were resurrected following his passing? They brought a lot of happiness to people who needed it at the time - would we have to get rid of those, too? Or would it only be the ''quality'' threads that are allowed to stay? And who would be the judge of ''quality''?  Forgive my bringing up Ardee''s threads to prove a point, but I think you can see where such a decision could lead..............Canary Angel, you obviously enjoy using these boards hence your frequent return, and I for one enjoy reading most of your posts.  But I''m afraid you''re on a wrong''un with your constant worries about old threads/duplicate threads/tattered threads.  Worry more about the idiots who are doing it and hope the web team can come up with an effective means of banning persistent trouble makers when the ''new'' version of the forum Pete was talking about recently goes live... unless it already has, of course... in which case........ PANIC! [:S]

Sorry guys but moaning about this is pathetic! Sometimes there is a very good reason for dragging up an old thread, and besides, I often like reading back on old posts to see what we thought back then, so why should they be removed? They are part of the history of this board and I only regret that they don''t go even further back. I just don''t know why some people take issues like this so seriously.

Evil Monkey, it is important to see that my suggestion is that the old threads go into a ''sub forum'', not to be completely banished for ever. Old threads do have an importance, like your example with Ardee, and it''s obviously very nice for friends and family to be able to read these and remember what a great bloke he really was. In the sub forum people would be able to discuss and pull out old threads, as like you say, some can link to modern things and have great importance or a path to a good debate.However, the things that have been pulled up to the front page recently for the sake of saying ''hi'' in a thread is just darn right stupidity and idiocy which is beginning to ruin the feel of community that this message boards have. And the ''main discussion'' can really do without it. It''s the same with the Huckerby stuff, it can go in a sub forum where people can discuss old threads at their own leisure.CA has a right to be aggrieved, as am I. Trolling is not what these message boards are intended for, and although there are no real ''rules and regulations'', I''d like to think trolling is deemed as a bad thing.From what I made out of what Pete said; the new version of the forum will be very muchly different from the current layout, whether that will continue to be ''Telligent'' software isn''t unclear, but the current forums we are using is from early 2005!

For what its worth I agree AJ. I too like reading through some of the old threads. Those I don''t, I ignore, likewise current ones. It''s not too difficult to be selective.

If it''s not relevant to the current topic it''s easy enough to just ignore. Maybe lack of time for me makes me more selective, I don''t know.